Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 01:41 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Archana_D has a reputation beyond repute Archana_D has a reputation beyond repute Archana_D has a reputation beyond repute Archana_D has a reputation beyond repute Archana_D has a reputation beyond repute Archana_D has a reputation beyond repute Archana_D has a reputation beyond repute Archana_D has a reputation beyond repute Archana_D has a reputation beyond repute Archana_D has a reputation beyond repute Archana_D has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
It means some of us are not doing it right. Don't start with HR3012. First start the conversation and introduce yourself. Tell your name , place , who you are , your family... What you do etc. then talk about he senator why you like him, ( each one us of need to be knowing our senators well. Know the bills he sponsored his initiatives in your state, local issues etc. if not, then we are a failure. We want to be part of the country and trying to do advocacy and not knowing our local lawmakers till now. It is something we cannot forgive ourselves for) have hopes from him.... Then come to HR3012. The problem is some of us cannot express ourselves well. We cannot speak properly, have a heavy accent, or just pick up the phone speak 2 sentences and are in a hurry to finish the call and be done with action item. If there is so much hurry, then we should not call and participate in actiIonitem.

I have been on a side listening in one of the call for other reason and can fully relate to the reaction some of us maybe getting. We all need to get better with communication skills.

Communication Skills should be least of our worries...!!! Keep the calls going!!! WE WANT HR3012 - 2012 :-)
Bookmark and Share Compare

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugembo View Post
Pappu Dude, where in these AI instructions admin tells you to say you like the senator? Admin gave us only 3 lines and that's what we all have been following.
Come on, is this what we are going to discuss today? Sorry but this is not specifically pointed to mugembo. We are not salesmen who say and repeat what the manager tells us. We have to improvise. Admin can only give a hint and not individually teach each. We should learn to be suave and sweet and at the same time firm, almost lobbyist like. Please give it a thought. Thanks.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yes and Please keep calling

Yes, we are active with friends, families part of our action and reaching others

Hi, my name is ________. I live in ________ and work in ________ . I like our Senator ________
I am calling to voice my support for H.R. 3012.
I want to request our Senator to support and pass H.R. 3012 bill in Senate as soon as possible. Thank you.

Thank You Everyone for Your Great Team efforts.

------------------------------
My ego rests with shoes outside
Proud contributor, active in all Action Items

Old 09-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute

Lets take emotion out of the equation. It just messes up with our thinking. What concerns me is despite the heavy volume of calls our beloved H.R 3012 is not yet lined up for voting. Lets focus all our collective optimism on that single fact, keep calling and trying to influence the senators that 3012 is the most pertinent issue that needs to be addressed before the recess.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Done for NJ

Called both Hon. Senators. Staff told me that they are getting many calls.

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

Old 09-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute skal has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGP View Post
Done AI again today for NJ Senators. They both asked me if I was calling for HR 3012 and I said yes. One of them took my name and zip code and the other only zip code. They both said that they will pass on the support message to the Senators.

Keep it going guys. We are just about there. I can see that the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter, shinier and the land is becoming GREENER
Yes, the VA Senators office just asked the zip code as I gave my name first and the reason for my call to support HR3012.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:00 PM
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
anfu02 is on a distinguished road

Is today the last day senate is in session for 2012 ?

Old 09-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Make their 4 digit pin as '3012'

Get your action items going. let them feel the pain and dream about 3012 any and every time. now extending calls to places where I lived and paid taxes.

Rock the senate.

Oye Chakdepatte.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute

Called NY and NJ senators. Was able to talk to a live person from all 4 offices.

Today is NOT the last day for the senate in 2012. The last day of this session is indeterminate and there is a lame duck session after this.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default communication

My conversations during the Senator calls went some thing like below.

My name is ... and I am calling from ..., MD. Can I speak to some one handling immigration related matters?

Are you calling regarding a specific issue or a bill?

I am calling regarding a bill, HR3012, which deals with employment based immigration. I would like Senator to support this bill.

I will pass on the message to the Senator.

As you might be already aware of 1000s of families in Maryland is affected by long delays in employment based immigration. Senator's help is needed to alleviate our pains.

We have been getting several calls on this bill. I will pass on the message to the Senator. Thank you and have a nice day.

Thank you, have a nice day.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sl1234 is on a distinguished road

Called Senators' office in NC

Old 09-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
psirimalla is a glorious beacon of light psirimalla is a glorious beacon of light psirimalla is a glorious beacon of light psirimalla is a glorious beacon of light psirimalla is a glorious beacon of light psirimalla is a glorious beacon of light
Default H.r.6429

All, relaxing news for now. the discussion is on going about H.R.6429, atleast if this becomes law, it can reduce the wait time of all EB's. keep fingers crossed.

Office of the Clerk of the U.S. House of Representatives

Old 09-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Priority Date
:
May-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute

No more Roll call votes today
Sen. Harry Reed proceeded to S.3525, a bill to protect and enhance opportunities for recreational hunting, fishing, and shooting,

Old 09-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psirimalla View Post
All, relaxing news for now. the discussion is on going about H.R.6429, atleast if this becomes law, it can reduce the wait time of all EB's. keep fingers crossed.

Do not waste the time on this. It will not go ahead and become law this year. Let's focus on HR3012 action item.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 09-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psirimalla View Post

Probably you did not see what is going on the House floor. The bill is dead. Both sides disagree on the way STEM bill is written and the bill is expected to be voted down.

STEM bill is dead.

Closed Thread