Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Recent Blogs
Click to log in with Facebook
Recent Blogs RSS feeds of select Blogs on Immigration

Old 05-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
amaruns has a spectacular aura about amaruns has a spectacular aura about
Default Air France sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky_jones View Post
I flew Air France once in 2003. My connecting flight from Paris to Delhi got delayed by 12 hours. When I approached the Air France staff, they told me that since I had an Indian passport, I would have to wait out the entire time in the transit area. Meanwhile, they proceeded to make arrangements for other non-Indian passengers. They even refused to acknowledge my attempts to reason with them, either not replying to me, or replying only in French. I filed a formal complaint afterwards, but never got a reply.

I have travelled on numerous times since then, but never with Air France. I don't even consider them as an option anymore.
I had a similar experience in 2004 when I took Air France for the first time (to Delhi, connecting at Paris). It was the last time I ever took Air France.

Last edited by amaruns; 05-31-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute
Talking My love note to Air France and their response

On behalf of Air France, I must respectfully deny this allegation as we do not discriminate against any of our passengers based on their origin, race or gender.

I must add that the airline has no authority over security procedures which apply to all passengers transiting through Charles de Gaulle. Should there be any incident, the airline staff is not authorized to arbitrate or provide assistance to passengers at the security checkpoint.

In order to better serve you, we would like to provide you with the following information from the Air France Customer Relations Department in the USA:

The USA Customer Relations Department handles claims for residents of the United States after the completion of travel. If your permanent residence is outside of the United States,

please submit your claim in writing to the Air France Customer Service Department in your

country of permanent residence.

Please visit our website wwww.airfrance.com and select your country of permanent residence, select contact us and make a claim online.

or mail your request to:

Air France Customer Relations

P.O. Box 459000

Sunrise, FL 33345-9000

Thank you for your cooperation

Original Message Follows: ------------------------
Title................................... : Mr.
Last name............................... : Kumar
First name.............................. : Mohan
E-mail.................................. :
Do you have an Air France or KLM card?.. : No
Your message............................ : STOP RACISM YOU BASTARDS !!!
Old 05-29-2009, 09:02 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute

here is the thing folks, until now I found no place where it details what exactly has happened. some people say they were racially discriminated, some say they didnt have transit visa...no one exactly says what has happened...

that being said, I flew airfrance, as far as I remember, once and I swear i had no problems..attendants were every polite. Ofcourse on the ground in Paris, when I walked in to a store or whatever , the girl in the store just didnt ack' me when I was asking in English, who cares, I left the store. Other than that, no problems folks... but i do understand everyone would have a different experience...

ps: I just cant believe that AF still replied to the comment/feedback to the OP's "stop racism you.....", wow! that was something..you gotta give credit atleast for that folks..
Old 05-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Racism is prevelant amongs Europeans too

The problem is not ingrained in the airline . Most of the Europeans would rather cut each other than talk to each other . I worked in germany which is also kind of like France and they hate the French more than anything else . I had a magazine in my hand and was looking at a nice picture of a French car , my German remarked , that is a very bad car because it is 'FRENCH'. Hundreds of years of war and strife have left the european countries little fortresses in themselves who have their own little language and culture . English is not accepted or frowned upon in most countries , because English is the language of the British and we are not British .

Air France being an international Airline should have known better . Air France needs India a lot lot more than India needs Air France . We have hundreads of Airlines Vying to ferry our passengers across the Atlantic and could very well do without Air France . By the way I also transited through Paris once and has issues with language . People in France speak in French even when they clearely see that the passanger does not understand French and has no clue to the happennings .

The French consultate in India should be get into this and provide a Government Apology to the matter at hand . The Indian Govt also kept quiet on the issue . India does not need diplomacy with France one bit . We have very little trade with them anyways .

***THE MORE I AM HURT, THE STRONGER I GET ***
Old 05-29-2009, 09:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future

The racism by AF might be true or might not be true as alleged. It may a transit visa issue alone or a purely a case of pathetic customer service. I would not jump the gun and side with the racist angle alone without more info.

As far as my experience with AF several years ago, the flight was not any more memorable than most European carriers I have flown. My baggage was delayed at Mumbai airport (baggage missed the connecting flight at Charles De Gaulle)...but they gave a me a free return ticket from my home town to Mumbai to identify and collect the bags. Further when I was back in the US they sent me an unsolicited check for $40 for the inconvenience caused!!
Old 05-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnab221 View Post
... People in France speak in French even when they clearely see that the passanger does not understand French and has no clue to the happennings ....
That is the general norm of many countries and cultures except South Asia where people are so enslaved by English that now we have lost the ability to understand this basic norm of human culture. We are the only people (South Asians)on earth who take pride speaking in foreign languages particularly English and not speaking in our own languages. Europeans, Japaneses, Chinese, Americans, Canadians, Arab countries all take pride speaking in their own languages.

Last edited by BharatPremi; 05-29-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Traveled Recently

By AF. It was an OK experience, except for the fact that they loot you on the transit visa fee. Also CDG airport has got to be the busiest but one of the worst airports in Europe. My baggage landed in Mumbai instead of New Delhi, but was sent to me by courier in 2 days time.
Also don't ask a second time for the I-94 form, as the stewardess will frown and shove it in your face.
Next time I shall pony up the additional fare for Thai, Singapore or Malaysian and never flying a European route again.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute

haha,..too funny...wrt I-94..

how much was the fee for paris T visa?
Old 05-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikekilo View Post
haha,..too funny...wrt I-94..

how much was the fee for paris T visa?
60 Euros. Same price as a short term Schengen visa. So if you can get a short term Schengen visa (the consulates are empty in the US FYI) visit some places in Europe as part of a layover (ironically cheaper to get 2 tickets instead of a transfer) and then travel to India. Skip duty free in Europe as it's price gouging.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Folks - I would just say - we must not look into things through a "convex mirror". racism and discrimination are big words and knowingly or unknowingly people do treat each other differently at different times and in different circumstances.

Most folks here are Indian and being indian we always feel that a Eurpoean looks down upon us.

When you have a wonderful "Air India" - why bother to even talk about other arilines? When you live in USA where everyone is treated the same - why bother about an 8 hour flight where air hostess was not pleasing or something else.

On Another note I have seen people claiming "Air India" as lousy toilets, useless old flight attendents, - I have seen people treating these flight attendents with attitude - finding fault with them etc.. A westerner will not do this.

I travelled in Air India this January and I can ONLY say - I loved it. I travelled in Delta, Lufthansa, Kuwait, Emirates, KLM etc.. and Air India was the best - just because I felt very nice about it. I liked Delta too.

Now, coming back to attitude - Air Hostess - some of them do have a lot of attitude - this is common among all airliners. I remember one air hostess who was anoyed with my kid as she was crying loud and I heard her saying to another passenger "I am getting a headache" - but then there were some air hostesses who actually played with my kid - gave her lot of stuff to eat and play, one of them even took pictures with my kid.

Now - lets discuss the issue - the airline put all Indians in a lounge because of visa rules - lets not blame the airline here. Indian govt MUST take it with France fovt and work out something that helps Injdian nationals transitting through France. To do such a thing, Indian govt must have a pressing reason and for that - regular travellers to Fraqnce must express concern and let govt know how beneficial it is to both Indian and France.

On another note - I see so many people love to talk about airlines and how people are treated, i would recommend that we open a thread for each airline and post some genuine issues with airlines like Transi visa issues, attitude probllems, rude behaviour, missing baggage, bad flights etc.... we can even write good things if we come across.

It is natural to bad mouth people or things, we cannot expect everything or everyone to be like what we expect - we can atleast expect that it is just the way things are.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2008
Compare
kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute

Air India has the newest Boeing 777 LR non stop from JFK to Mumbai and Delhi. You can get tickets as cheap as 1000 usd roundtrip in economy.

Cheapest business class where you can SLEEP! 3500 USD roundtrip to India. Find a cheaper business class where you can actually sleep and let me know.

Best food! undoubtedly. New entertainment system with lots of Indian movie options.

I am not sure if old sayings apply to Air India.

Also we have jet airways , whose international service is in same class as singapore airlines, emirates and virgin atlantic.

So why are we wasting time with such moronic european airliners? who cant let us sleep one night in their country.

This year, I flew Lufthansa as that was the most viable option for me. The flight from Germany to Mumbai was substandard but the service was ok, cant complain. People were friendly at the german airport.

In 2004 or 05, I flew air france one way on reward ticket, the FAs were rude to Indian customers but overall flight experience was smooth , comfortable and without hassle. People at french airport were ok.

The lufthansa ticket was 1640 rountrip. I also considered air france, first they quoted me 2200 USD and then said, if I could compromise and flew alternate dates, fare would be 1840. The ticket agent sounded as if he was doing me a favour. No wonder when I showed up at the airport, the air farnce flight was almost empty whereas there was a big rush on lufthansa.

CHANDU - I see airline is responsible for this. It is their duty to prevail on authorities otherwise why are they asking for business from Indian customers? In 2004 Delta used to fly via france and my brother had missed connection, he was provided hotel by delta in france for one night. Good that delta got fed up with european visa rules and started new non stop service.

Last edited by kshitijnt; 05-30-2009 at 01:39 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
browncow is a jewel in the rough browncow is a jewel in the rough browncow is a jewel in the rough browncow is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humhongekamyab View Post
This is exactly what I do after a similar experience in 2003. I always discourage my friends and family from flying with Air France though I disagree with the statement about 'European carriers'. I have flow KLM & Swiss and they are very good airlines.

I think the best airlines are US airlines unless you are flying Delta.
I agree Swiss is good, and so is KLM. The issue is with the indian staff that they have in india. But I have no issues with them or Air India, cos atleast they are indian.
but I would never let a european/us carrier treat me like dirt.
And likewise, I dont have Air France even as an option. regardless of whether they are cheap or not.
I know I can live without them, and would only fly with them if they were the last airline which can fly airplanes.

Last edited by browncow; 05-30-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sad!!!

It is terrible that AF treated its customer like a piece of Shi$. I have never flown nor shall ever fly in that crap airline.

I would like to suggest one thing here. We (Indians), mostly, and I dont mean to generalize here, don't bother to "WRITE" letters to the company to express our dissatisfaction or frustration. Partly to blame for this attitude is because of the system we grew up in India where even if you complain we don't get any response, mostly. The customer service is lacking. So, in that mind set we most often feel its the same with other countries.

But I strongly feel, sending a letter to express our outrage would definitely bring a positive change. The Govt. of India, should intervene but, lets not keep up the high hope, its not going to happen....they are all busy making money to buy land, home, comercial complex, marry their daughters and sons extravagantly and endless greed. So, realistically, the Indian Govt. is not going to intervene. Shame on them!!!

Moving forward, I strongly urge all the folks in this thread who had a bad experience to write to AF and vent out your frustration and pledge not to fly with them ever again, and those of us who heard this story, just send an a mail to express the shock and question if we could also face the same situation should we decide to fly in AF.

The poster who send a mail to AF with the "B" word, I applaud him. He even got a response!!! Wow!! that's the magic and strength of writing. Trust me it works. Just write to the airline, expressing or venting out your frustration. Just one line is enough, if you think its not worth the time.

I felt like writing this comment because I don't want to be discriminated or treated differently(badly) because of my ethnicity or color.

So, my friends, please go to this link (AF Suggestions page) and let them know your feelings.

http://w3.airfrance.com/US/en/local/...m%3FchaineLien

I have already send an email...I'll post the reply (If I get one).
Old 05-30-2009, 05:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, every outraged indian should send an email to Air France. The content of that should clearly indicate that they will never fly Air France again due to these "racial" discrimination allegations.

That should teach them a lesson.
485 approved on Jan 25,2012.
Physical cards received on Jan 30, 2012
one time contribution - 100$
one time contribution for April 2011 Advocacy days - 50$
Old 05-30-2009, 06:30 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute
Default Racist AF

There is something with the french language it self. All the people who speak french as their native language, tend to be a$$holes, of varying degrees. This true of the french people and the francophone Quebec people inCanada and the French speaking Swiss. I say, stop flying AF, screw them. It is they who need us, not the other way round