Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 03-25-2009, 12:16 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow My w2 for u

Kudos to all of us for the FOIA drive .....

Now, Its time for some visible action Item .

NOTE CORE ....Ivians are asking this since we had the rally in Sept 2007 ...We need to show strength of our mass again.

Action item

I suggest we mail them our 2008 W2s and show them the taxes that we have paid here .....and that they are and will loose that tax dollar if there is no reform.

Send a copy of the W2 along with a brief letter to Mr President at the White House as well

We have to to talk to them in the language that they understand.

It is a capitalist country ...... Show them the power of dollars that we pay to them in taxes and that they could very well loose that along with the hi tech edge that they claim to have .

Add to it , that Immigrants are investing money off shore in real estate and businesses due to the instability and volatility of the Immi system

I suggest "MY W2FORU" Campaign .

Easy to do , Copy, Fold, Seal, Send

Comments .....

Chapter Link

All Michigan Members, please PM me your
First Name:
Last Name
Valid Phone Number:
IV id:
State:

To get IV ACTION UPDATES

Contribution:

TOTAL : $ 1800+ till date along with Recurring contributions since April 07
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold

Is this agreed by CORE team?

Old 03-25-2009, 12:27 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by langagadu View Post
Is this agreed by CORE team?
Bro, Nope but its high time that we did something

Chapter Link

First Name:
Last Name
Valid Phone Number:
IV id:
State:

To get IV ACTION UPDATES

Contribution:

Old 03-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
The7zen has a reputation beyond repute The7zen has a reputation beyond repute The7zen has a reputation beyond repute The7zen has a reputation beyond repute The7zen has a reputation beyond repute The7zen has a reputation beyond repute The7zen has a reputation beyond repute The7zen has a reputation beyond repute The7zen has a reputation beyond repute The7zen has a reputation beyond repute The7zen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nope

I dont mind revealing the dollars i paid in tax but sending W2...NOPE.

BTW: IMHO one should refrain from starting new initiatives without IV approval.

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

Old 03-25-2009, 12:37 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu25 View Post
Kudos to all of us for the FOIA drive .....

Now, Its time for some visible action Item .

NOTE CORE ....Ivians are asking this since we had the rally in Sept 2007 ...We need to show strength of our mass again.

Action item

I suggest we mail them our 2008 W2s and show them the taxes that we have paid here .....and that they are and will loose that tax dollar if there is no reform.

Send a copy of the W2 along with a brief letter to Mr President at the White House as well

We have to to talk to them in the language that they understand.

It is a capitalist country ...... Show them the power of dollars that we pay to them in taxes and that they could very well loose that along with the hi tech edge that they claim to have .

Add to it , that Immigrants are investing money off shore in real estate and businesses due to the instability and volatility of the Immi system

I suggest "MY W2FORU" Campaign .

Easy to do , Copy, Fold, Seal, Send

Comments .....
be careful with how you use your W2. That is a sensitive document containing a lot of information. Pls think of something more sensible than asking people to send their W2 forms. There could be other ways to communicate the tax contribution (if that is what you intend) of legal immigrants. Also, please note that even if you are not given a GC, the IRS will still recieve your tax, right? they already know that we pay tax (actually not pay... its collected before we get our pay). Now they are trying desperately to find out legal immigrants who are not being paid and cancel their visas.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7zen View Post
I dont mind revealing the dollars i paid in tax but sending W2...NOPE.

BTW: IMHO one should refrain from starting new initiatives without IV approval.
Dude ...this is a suggestion . IV core may or may not approve.....

I do not see any prob in sending W2 to any govt agency.

Whats your fear ?

Chapter Link

First Name:
Last Name
Valid Phone Number:
IV id:
State:

To get IV ACTION UPDATES

Contribution:

Old 03-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
be careful with how you use your W2. That is a sensitive document containing a lot of information. Pls think of something more sensible than asking people to send their W2 forms. There could be other ways to communicate the tax contribution (if that is what you intend) of legal immigrants. Also, please note that even if you are not given a GC, the IRS will still recieve your tax, right? they already know that we pay tax (actually not pay... its collected before we get our pay). Now they are trying desperately to find out legal immigrants who are not being paid and cancel their visas.
Thomas ....hmm More sensible like sending calculators, Pizza Yeah makes sense there ....Make them fatter and lethargic so they sleep more than they already do .

W2 might be radical step ....but that is what will get the media's attention ...not Pizza and Calculators ..

W2 is sensitive .....true .......but tell me how can your W2 be misused ? If you have yr ssn on it you can blank that out .....(If you think that USCIS will "misuse" it )

Chapter Link

First Name:
Last Name
Valid Phone Number:
IV id:
State:

To get IV ACTION UPDATES

Contribution:

Old 03-25-2009, 12:56 PM
ganguteli

Paying taxes is no big deal and not a strong arguement to get greencards. If we are paying taxes, we are using the infrastructure and facilities of the country as well. So why highlight with this single point?

Paying taxes is the price for living in this country and working. If you were out of country waiting for greencard and were forced to pay US taxes, only then you have a reason to complain.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree ! One pays taxes as a 'necessity' to get something in return in terms of Public schools, roads, transportation, parks etc. I think OP had just a few senators' statements in mind who made public announcements alluding that H1Bs are somehow free loaders and do not pay taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganguteli View Post
Paying taxes is no big deal and not a strong arguement to get greencards. If we are paying taxes, we are using the infrastructure and facilities of the country as well. So why highlight with this single point?

Paying taxes is the price for living in this country and working. If you were out of country waiting for greencard and were forced to pay US taxes, only then you have a reason to complain.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
sundevil is a name known to all sundevil is a name known to all sundevil is a name known to all sundevil is a name known to all sundevil is a name known to all sundevil is a name known to all

How do you guarantee confidentiality from the person who receives your W2. W2 is almost the holy grail of your identity and if that falls into the wrong hands, GC would be the last thing on our minds. USCIS is a group of employees. Lets see, a mail room attendant receives all this mail which has no obvious destination(or destination does not want it). All it takes is for him/her to throw in unsecure trash or worse, sell it to highest bidder. Sure you can blank out your SSN, your address, your company, your name and what else will be left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu25 View Post
Thomas ....hmm More sensible like sending calculators, Pizza Yeah makes sense there ....Make them fatter and lethargic so they sleep more than they already do .

W2 might be radical step ....but that is what will get the media's attention ...not Pizza and Calculators ..

W2 is sensitive .....true .......but tell me how can your W2 be misused ? If you have yr ssn on it you can blank that out .....(If you think that USCIS will "misuse" it )

Old 03-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/24/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
jamesbond007 is a splendid one to behold jamesbond007 is a splendid one to behold jamesbond007 is a splendid one to behold jamesbond007 is a splendid one to behold jamesbond007 is a splendid one to behold jamesbond007 is a splendid one to behold jamesbond007 is a splendid one to behold

Devil's advocate:
Can anyone get a signed letter from their employer that if they leave the country, their position will go with them? If the position remains as is, then it eventually gets filled by another person and the taxes continue to be paid.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default My 2 cents

Instead of projecting a high handedness and saying that sun would raise from west if I leave USA. How about approaching the issue in a more compassionate way. While on one hand we say we are law abiding and on the second hand, we want laws be changed for our convenience. We can't have it both ways..

In my view, just sticking to the point that if CIS hadn't wasted the Visas over the years, we wouldn't have had this backlog would solve the issue. Inspite of having a demand, CIS wasting visas is a big administrative crime. They accepted it in front of Congress. So hitting on the same point for justice will solve the issue.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:25 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
vijay226 has a reputation beyond repute vijay226 has a reputation beyond repute vijay226 has a reputation beyond repute vijay226 has a reputation beyond repute vijay226 has a reputation beyond repute vijay226 has a reputation beyond repute vijay226 has a reputation beyond repute vijay226 has a reputation beyond repute vijay226 has a reputation beyond repute vijay226 has a reputation beyond repute vijay226 has a reputation beyond repute
Default instead of w2 post research data

Immigrant Households and Businesses Generate Billions: In 2005, immigrant households and businesses paid approximately $300 billion in federal, state, and local taxes: $165 billion in federal income taxes, $85 billion in state and local income taxes, and $50 billion in business taxes.

Immigrants Pay More in Taxes Than They Use in Services Over Their Lifetimes: Depending on skills and level of education, each immigrant pays, on average, between $20,000 and $80,000 more in taxes than he or she consumes in public benefits.

Immigrants’ Relative Youth Contributes To Social Security’s Health: Current levels of immigration will provide a net benefit to the Social Security system of nearly $450 billion in taxes paid over benefits received during the 2006-2030 period—and almost $4.4 trillion during the 2006-2080 period. This is because 75 percent of immigrants arrive in the United States when they are in their prime working years (age 18 to 65). But the share of native-born citizens in their prime working years now stands at only 60 percent, and will decline rapidly over the coming decades as the Baby Boomers retire.

Immigrants Educated on Home Country’s Tab: The roughly 26 million immigrants now in the United States who arrived when they were over the age of 18—after their upbringing and basic education were paid for in their home countries—represent a windfall to American taxpayers of roughly $2.8 trillion. The United States receives all of the tax payments made by these immigrants, while bearing almost none of the costs of raising and educating them.

http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/ind...ntent=fc080412

Last edited by vijay226; 03-25-2009 at 03:28 PM.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay226 View Post
Immigrant Households and Businesses Generate Billions: In 2005, immigrant households and businesses paid approximately $300 billion in federal, state, and local taxes: $165 billion in federal income taxes, $85 billion in state and local income taxes, and $50 billion in business taxes.

Immigrants Pay More in Taxes Than They Use in Services Over Their Lifetimes: Depending on skills and level of education, each immigrant pays, on average, between $20,000 and $80,000 more in taxes than he or she consumes in public benefits.

Immigrants’ Relative Youth Contributes To Social Security’s Health: Current levels of immigration will provide a net benefit to the Social Security system of nearly $450 billion in taxes paid over benefits received during the 2006-2030 period—and almost $4.4 trillion during the 2006-2080 period. This is because 75 percent of immigrants arrive in the United States when they are in their prime working years (age 18 to 65). But the share of native-born citizens in their prime working years now stands at only 60 percent, and will decline rapidly over the coming decades as the Baby Boomers retire.

Immigrants Educated on Home Country’s Tab: The roughly 26 million immigrants now in the United States who arrived when they were over the age of 18—after their upbringing and basic education were paid for in their home countries—represent a windfall to American taxpayers of roughly $2.8 trillion. The United States receives all of the tax payments made by these immigrants, while bearing almost none of the costs of raising and educating them.

http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/ind...ntent=fc080412
Excellent information. Never new this much. But again, whether the politicians know these facts? Nobody knows. These are things that should be highlighted and then ofcourse there are these guys........
http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/m...orana-bio.html

Old 03-25-2009, 04:41 PM
ganguteli

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
Excellent information. Never new this much. But again, whether the politicians know these facts? Nobody knows. These are things that should be highlighted and then ofcourse there are these guys........
http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/m...orana-bio.html
Stop comparing us to Noble prize winners. We are not that good and not best in the world.

That is a wrong strategy.

If someone among us is capable of a Noble prize, then they can apply in EB1. It is always current.