Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > FREE Lawyer conference calls
Click to log in with Facebook
FREE Lawyer conference calls This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bbct is a glorious beacon of light bbct is a glorious beacon of light bbct is a glorious beacon of light bbct is a glorious beacon of light bbct is a glorious beacon of light

Today, I filed an official complaint with IRS about this employer. They told, they are going to send a notice asking the employer to reply to the tax bearer within 10 days from the receipt of the letter. I don't know how the employer is going to react and if they would still provide a corrected W2. Hoping, they would provide, otherwise I would have to call IRS again after another 2 weeks time. I had to be on the phone line for almost 30 mins to reach the IRS customer representative. It is a real pain.

Last edited by bbct; 02-17-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbct View Post
Today, I filed an official complaint with IRS about this employer. They told, they are going to send a notice asking the employer to reply to the tax bearer within 10 days from the receipt of the letter. I don't know how the employer is going to react and if they would still provide a corrected W2. Hoping, they would provide, otherwise I would have to call IRS again after another 2 weeks time. I had to be on the phone line for almost 30 mins to reach the IRS customer representative. It is a real pain.
Employer will send the W-2. They will in big trouble if they don't. Also, there could be possible more scrutiny/audits of their accounts.

"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

Old 02-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/16/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2004
Compare
krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future
Default Be prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbct View Post
Also be prepared for a backlash ..make sure you have your bases covered.

-good luck
kris
PD EB2 Jan 2001, 9/11 ,(BEC ,pink slip)
H1 new empl - Dec 02
EB3 RIR, INDIA(Empl mess up)
PD: Sep 2003 , 2nd MS - SE
140 Approval: March 2004
3EADs , 4FPs
3APs, 485 approval -- 07/30/2007
GC in Hand - 08/07/2007

First in flower campaign
Calls to Congressmen,Senators
Letter for administrative fixes
Periodic donations to IV
Still with IV.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bbct is a glorious beacon of light bbct is a glorious beacon of light bbct is a glorious beacon of light bbct is a glorious beacon of light bbct is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnam70 View Post
Also be prepared for a backlash ..make sure you have your bases covered.

-good luck
kris
I have an email reply saying -
1) They are not going to provide a corrected W2 since they changed the payroll company starting 01/01/2009
2) The HR has asked me to report those wages even without a W2
3) They also wrote they have not received the Insurance Company payment statements which was not true because the Insurance Company did mailed those documents in the 2nd week of January and the HR also confirmed over the phone that they have received.

I have the statements from the Insurance Company that shows SS and Medicare taxes withheld. The statements also say it should be reported in the year end W2. I have also faxed the Insurance Company statements to them and have a confirmation report.

I really didn't want to file a complaint but since my wife has to receive W2 for the next year 2009 also, I felt they might do the same next year.

Last edited by bbct; 02-17-2009 at 07:04 PM.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:55 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaq View Post
My wife worked as a consultant for first half of 2008 with a desi employer as an employee (on W-2). After many calls and emails we received W-2 Thursday that has income and taxes of only first two months. Now he says that he showed remaining 4 months as his profit so he can only send 1099. Please advise if I can take any legal action against this employer.

Thank you
There is an option in turbo tax, if you didnot receive the w-2 from employer you need to submit another form. So explore that one and will give you more information.

I guess if you are submitting that form, IRS will take care of your employer issue. Otherwise just call the Trubo Tax people if you are using them.

Last edited by snathan; 02-17-2009 at 08:57 PM.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I got a letter from IRS stating they have notified the employer to send the corrected W-2. I should be waiting two weeks before the due date and then use Form 4852 to report the correct wages. This has become a stress for no-fault of ours. If the employer provides us a corrected W-2 after we file our taxes and if the figures don't match then we should amend our taxes using 1040X. I am sure the employer will wait till the last date or near to due date to give us a corrected W-2. This is a real pain in the a$$.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

The HR finally mailed us the corrected W-2 today after filing a complaint with IRS. Thanks to everyone.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:06 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12-10-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-02-2007
Compare
gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tax returns

Hi,
Some online tax return websites have capabilities of pulling your W2 information from IRS site. I know turbotax does. Print out all those copies and your pay stubs. Send it to IRS with letter stating your problem. Before you do please apply for extension as april 15th is last date for tax return filing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaq View Post
My wife worked as a consultant for first half of 2008 with a desi employer as an employee (on W-2). After many calls and emails we received W-2 Thursday that has income and taxes of only first two months. Now he says that he showed remaining 4 months as his profit so he can only send 1099. Please advise if I can take any legal action against this employer.

Thank you

After 8 years........Finally Green'ed on 9th July 2010.
Thanks IV for your help and support!!!

Old 03-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute

U did not need to file a complaint just telling them that u wud file wud have been enough

Chapter Link

All Michigan Members, please PM me your
First Name:
Last Name
Valid Phone Number:
IV id:
State:

To get IV ACTION UPDATES

Contribution:

TOTAL : $ 1800+ till date along with Recurring contributions since April 07