Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 04-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
gc_maine2 is just really nice gc_maine2 is just really nice gc_maine2 is just really nice gc_maine2 is just really nice gc_maine2 is just really nice

Sorry to see this news, May his SOUL rest in peace.. my prayers are for his family... This is a very shocking news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkBird View Post
Guys,

I knew Mehul and his family. They migrated to Sweden late January and Mehul passed away peacefully in his sleep on March 2, 2008

Admins, please close/archive this thread. It's painful
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-------------------------------
[I]United we Win, Divided we Fall[/i]
Eb3 -Mar 04,
Total contribution $350
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
java_jaggu is on a distinguished road
Default Perspective

This thread just puts things in perspective. Getting a GC and beyond is a good thing, but in the larger scheme of things, enjoying the present moment and enjoying what you got is far more important. You never know when it can end !

Old 04-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute

Feeling so sad about whole thing. May his soul rest in piece. My best wishes with his family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by java_jaggu View Post
This thread just puts things in perspective. Getting a GC and beyond is a good thing, but in the larger scheme of things, enjoying the present moment and enjoying what you got is far more important. You never know when it can end !
LUD - 06/02/2011
CPO Email - 6/2/20111
Cards Received - 6/9/2011

Finally maDemygc

Old 04-22-2008, 08:34 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future
Default What we can do to help his family

We the employment based immigrant community to do some thing to help his family. May be by contributions, and help his family to get his benefits from the company he worked, any insurance, IRA, 401K etc.....
Hiis spouse may not have the ability do these things from a foreign country. Some body from IV must contact his family now based in Sweden. This is my suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkBird View Post
Guys,

I knew Mehul and his family. They migrated to Sweden late January and Mehul passed away peacefully in his sleep on March 2, 2008

Admins, please close/archive this thread. It's painful

Old 04-22-2008, 09:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts

The news is terrible...

But I admire the courage he showed during his difficult times.

I agree with you dealsnet. We, the members of IV, should take up this issue and try to help his family.

ArkBird, any ideas how we can help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealsnet View Post
We the employment based immigrant community to do some thing to help his family. May be by contributions, and help his family to get his benefits from the company he worked, any insurance, IRA, 401K etc.....
Hiis spouse may not have the ability do these things from a foreign country. Some body from IV must contact his family now based in Sweden. This is my suggestion.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
xtronics is on a distinguished road

Extremely sorry to hear the news. My sympathy to his family

Old 04-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future
Default Read his 3 post

I am pasting his 3 remarkable postings. We can see his courage to face the destiny. He thinks about his family, and see them settle in a stable country before his end. He is saying good bye to IV readers on his last post.

Gurus,

I have a unique position. couple of weeks back I was told that have fatal cancer and won't live pass 4-6 months. After recovering from initial shock I am wondering if my wife will be able to continue her american dream or she will have to head home after me.

I have filed 485 with approved 140 back in june, 2007 with PD of March, 2003

Please help.

Mehul

Let me answer that. I am from Fiji but I was born in India so I am stuck with rest of you and for my family going back is not an option. Fiji is very hostile to indians living there so for us it's here or nowhere. May be india is an option but we have very few distant relatives in India as both of our parents has passed away.

Though it is a big shock for me and my family, I have to get over it and think about their survival after me.

My apologies if I have given the impression as GC greedy but I can understand how difficult it is for someone to understand how is life without something you can call a "Home"

Thank you all for your help and support but I have made peace with my fate. I have pancreas cancer with VERY poor pragnosis and trust me I took 5 different opinions with the some of the best hospitals in US and Europe.

Regarding my family, something is working out in Sweden and probably all of us will move there permanently in 1-2 months. We have some relatives living there.

Thanks again for all you help. You guys really made us feel we are not alone.

Good luck and Good Bye.

Mehul

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge_hammer View Post
The news is terrible...

But I admire the courage he showed during his difficult times.

I agree with you dealsnet. We, the members of IV, should take up this issue and try to help his family.

ArkBird, any ideas how we can help?

Old 04-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2011
Compare
dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute

May Mehul rest in peace.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Please close this thread

Hi Admin,

Please close this thread untill we can plan and do some help to Mehul's family. Its really painful and not sure how just sympathy is going to help them.

How many of you ready to donate if we raise fund to help Mehul's family?

Old 04-22-2008, 07:20 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
Kushal is just really nice Kushal is just really nice Kushal is just really nice Kushal is just really nice
Default count me in..

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
Hi Admin,

Please close this thread untill we can plan and do some help to Mehul's family. Its really painful and not sure how just sympathy is going to help them.

How many of you ready to donate if we raise fund to help Mehul's family?
please create a thread for donation and let us know...

Old 04-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sriram18 is on a distinguished road

Count me in..

Old 04-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/21/2007
Compare
guchi472000 is a jewel in the rough guchi472000 is a jewel in the rough guchi472000 is a jewel in the rough guchi472000 is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up USCIS Rule

Pls check the link below.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

Old 04-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jaihind is on a distinguished road
Default Our Prayers for you

Dear Friend:

Do not give up hope.

Take a second opinion.

Go to India and spend time with your loved ones. Many times that heals things in a magic way !

On your GC situation do these :

1)Send an appeal to your local senator under CC to the Secretary of State, Homeland Security and the President to intervene and do some thing
2)Send an appeal to the Director of USCIS in charge of AOS explaining the situation
3)Consult a good attorney to know the options in the exiting scenario

My entire family will say a prayer for you today at 8 PM. I request all IV members to join the prayers if possible.

God Bless You

Balaji

Old 04-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jaihind is on a distinguished road
Default Help the family

Folks

Is there any link to contribute to help his family ??

Let me know please.

Bala

Old 04-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/05/2003
Chargeability
:
Austria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute
Default close this please

I think the admin should respect the wishes of his friends and close this thread, it is causing pain for them.
If all of us agree that we need to help his family then lets open a new thread and make it about helping them, so his friends do not need to come back here and read his last words over and over again.

I am just trying to be sensitive to those that knew him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaihind View Post
Folks

Is there any link to contribute to help his family ??

Let me know please.

Bala