Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 10-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
centaur is infamous around these parts centaur is infamous around these parts

Good assessment. I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakalov View Post
Guys

Dem. care about illegals. Thats it! Rep. care about us. Here is the thing tho: A stand along bill for skilled immigrants (SKILL) will never pass in a democratic congress. A CIR that gives any path to citizenship will never pass in a republican congress. So the question is which one of those (CIR or SKILL(attached to something)) has a better chance for passing? I think nether at least till 2009. Best possible scenario I think is if the Rep can get the Senate and Dem. the house with Dem. president. Then we have an equal chance for an attached SKILL or CIR.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute
Default The best

The best we can do now is keep the pressure on the lawmakers. Make them aware of our problems. IV is the only organization that really represents our interest. We need to make it stronger by actively participating. We cannot give up hope, have to keep fighting. We will succeed only if we keep at it.

Am I singing to the choir?

Old 10-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice

you mean "preaching to the choir"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grupak View Post
The best we can do now is keep the pressure on the lawmakers. Make them aware of our problems. IV is the only organization that really represents our interest. We need to make it stronger by actively participating. We cannot give up hope, have to keep fighting. We will succeed only if we keep at it.

Am I singing to the choir?

Old 10-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I meant to type "preaching" not singing

Old 10-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/14/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold
Default Politics Politics Politics

Folks,

Everything that is happening is a part and parcel of day to day politics. What we can do is present our case to the politicians in such a way that it seems beneficial to them. The only way to do that is to do our homework; Find out more about the politician; more about his/her pet projects; more about his/her responses to various legislations. Then meet them and present our case in such a way that it will seem like by supporting our issues, he/she will be working towards their goals.

So, the most effective action on our part will be to organize local chapters, let them do their homework and get them to meet their lawmakers. The rest depends on how they present their cases. If we can do this effectively, we can get relief sooner rather than later!

So, State chapters... wake up and ACT!

Old 10-29-2007, 05:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
zoozee is on a distinguished road
Default Well Said

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtekkedil View Post
Folks,

Everything that is happening is a part and parcel of day to day politics. What we can do is present our case to the politicians in such a way that it seems beneficial to them. The only way to do that is to do our homework; Find out more about the politician; more about his/her pet projects; more about his/her responses to various legislations. Then meet them and present our case in such a way that it will seem like by supporting our issues, he/she will be working towards their goals.

So, the most effective action on our part will be to organize local chapters, let them do their homework and get them to meet their lawmakers. The rest depends on how they present their cases. If we can do this effectively, we can get relief sooner rather than later!

So, State chapters... wake up and ACT!
Well Said Sir/Madam

How long do we have in year 2007 - till 16th Nov?

Cheers

Old 10-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2007
Compare
vparam is a jewel in the rough vparam is a jewel in the rough vparam is a jewel in the rough

Miracle if anything happens in 2008 ...super miracle if it happen in 2007..... Miracle if it happens in 2009... Super Miracle if it happens in 2010....

life goes on...