Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ksairi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Arrow common - these can not be planned that much erlier

Hi I wanted to come, but due to a short notice I cant. I already have something planned for the Saturday August 18th.

I am not even a volunteer, just a member on the forums.

I am from Rockville MD. I know you can use volunteers from this area.

I just want to ask if you can
1. have the meetings accounced 10 days prior.

2. located it well for people from Northern Maryland like Clarksburg, Gaitherburg and Germantown.

You people are doing a great job. Keep up the good work !

Happy Independence Day !

Thanks and Best Regards,

Deepak Arora

common - these can not be planned that much erlier -any way try to be there if not just post your ideas to go head on the agenda.

Those Who Want to Succeed In Their Actions Worship Gods.
Indeed In This World Success Is Achieved Quickly Through Actions not By Praying Gods........ Lord Krishna
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sparky123 is on a distinguished road
Default university students

Just wondering if anyone has contacted students of universities near DC area. There are a few universities within drivable distance like University of Maryland (college park), University of Maryland (Baltimore), George Mason univ, Virginia tech, University of Virginia, etc..

I am sure a lot of students would turn up, provided they have transportation. They may not have a car themselves and may hesitate because of that . If the local DC members can arrange for some transportation and mobilize the students, that would be really great.

P.S: I have been a student myself a couple of years ago, and hence predicting the student mentality. Once ISKCON took us to their prayer center by renting a school bus. Most of us were first timers who went there, just because they gave us a ride ...and another time was for a bible study in a local church

Old 08-15-2007, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky123 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has contacted students of universities near DC area. There are a few universities within drivable distance like University of Maryland (college park), University of Maryland (Baltimore), George Mason univ, Virginia tech, University of Virginia, etc..

I am sure a lot of students would turn up, provided they have transportation. They may not have a car themselves and may hesitate because of that . If the local DC members can arrange for some transportation and mobilize the students, that would be really great.

P.S: I have been a student myself a couple of years ago, and hence predicting the student mentality. Once ISKCON took us to their prayer center by renting a school bus. Most of us were first timers who went there, just because they gave us a ride ...and another time was for a bible study in a local church
Sparky,

This is already on my list. Why about any one? I am trying to break ice with the student members at the above mentioned schools. Why don't you come join me in this effort? I am being swamped and there are ideas I can share with you on this front to get more students involved.

Please update your profile if you have not and confirm that you are going to attend the meeting in Tyson's library on Saturday. The head count helps me with the food order.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sparky123 is on a distinguished road
Default will confirm

Nixstor,

Sure. I would definitely like to help. I had not updated my profile because my current project is wrapped up and am in the process of looking for the next one. Without knowing where I am going to relocate, it is hard to say at this point of time (typical hardships of a consultant life )

Right now busy with interview calls and stuff. I'm sure I'll land up somewhere in a week or two. Can jump into rally work full time then

Old 08-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
shirish is infamous around these parts shirish is infamous around these parts shirish is infamous around these parts

Shivakant

I will be there with Piyush. Wil try to get some more ppl.

Old 08-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nixstor,

Sure. I would definitely like to help. I had not updated my profile because my current project is wrapped up and am in the process of looking for the next one. Without knowing where I am going to relocate, it is hard to say at this point of time (typical hardships of a consultant life )

Right now busy with interview calls and stuff. I'm sure I'll land up somewhere in a week or two. Can jump into rally work full time then
I understand your search for project and hardships. Good luck in your search and hopefully you don't have to relocate too far. We are not looking for any commitments. If your job takes you to west coast the next week, you are more than welcome to go. IV can use your help as long as you are here in the DC area and as much as you can.

Old 08-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirish View Post
Shivakant

I will be there with Piyush. Wil try to get some more ppl.
Thanks for the confirmation. I hope to see more people who are in VA/MD.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
murugesh.naidu@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Default Count me in too...

i will be there

Old 08-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by murugesh.naidu@gmail.com View Post
i will be there
Thanks murugesh,

talk to your co workers, spread the word and bring them in

Old 08-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
johnamit is on a distinguished road
Default count me in

I will be there on 18th Aug.
PD: Sep 05
I140 :AD May 06
I485: RD 7/2/7

Old 08-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2006
Compare
raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold
Default I will not be able to attend

I posted earlier that I will be attending this meeting. I will not be able to attend this weekend as I am required to by in New York this Saturday for job reasons. I tried to escape it but could not.

I am sorry. I am willing to talk to core group members after the meeting and take up any voluntary work for organizing the rally.

I live in Germanton, MD and work at Arlington. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ursosweet is infamous around these parts ursosweet is infamous around these parts
Default on call...

but will try to come after rounds.
can some one send directions from B'more?

Old 08-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursosweet View Post
but will try to come after rounds.
can some one send directions from B'more?
maps.google.com is your friend.

Destination for this week end is

7584 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22043-2099

Old 08-16-2007, 12:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice
Default Buses

The Irish Lobby for Immigration Reform(http://www.irishlobbyusa.org/about.php) hired a couple of buses to ferry their members for a rally in DC last year and this year.

This will be a really good option for spouses who live in Northern VA/MD/DC to attend the rally if their husbands are at work. I think it will boost attendance significantly. Their husbands can drop them off at a certain designated point at 8 am in the morning an pick them up at 5 pm on their way back home.

Quote:

Old 08-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by purgan View Post
The Irish Lobby for Immigration Reform(http://www.irishlobbyusa.org/about.php) hired a couple of buses to ferry their members for a rally in DC last year and this year.

This will be a really good option for spouses who live in Northern VA/MD/DC to attend the rally if their husbands are at work. I think it will boost attendance significantly. Their husbands can drop them off at a certain designated point at 8 am in the morning an pick them up at 5 pm on their way back home.
Lets keep this thread for the volunteer activity in DC area and not for transportation logistics.

The solution you suggested works well for people in NY/NJ area. DC area is well connected by METRO (rail and bus). Also buses are not allowed to park in the District during day times for long hours.

Your post sounds as if you were suggesting husbands to go to work and have wives go to the rally. If both husband & wife (unless she is carrying) cannot attend a local event for 3-4 hrs, that is definitely something that needs introspection.

Last edited by nixstor; 08-16-2007 at 12:27 PM.