Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 03-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute

I was interviewed by National Public Radio(NPR) recently abt the whole immigration stuff. This can be heard on the following link
http://marketplace.publicradio.org/s...200603098.html

My 2 cents worth of thought, that has reached the National Audience. Getting Media Attention is pretty important with this fight.
HOPING USCIS either to approve or deny my GC ASAP - EB3 India, PD - 2004 Mar, I-140 - 2006 July
I-485/AP/EAD - RD July 2. ND Aug 15, 2007 NSC
FP - Oct 12, 2007 EAD,AP - 2nd set
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2006, 07:07 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2003
Compare
willgetgc2005 is on a distinguished road

Anandrajesh,

Congrats and great job. However, I disagree with the salary part you
mentioned in your interview. You had mentioned that the salary used to
be 1/10 or even 1/20 of the US salary when you moved back to India. Do you
think this is correct ? I dont think that is a correct ratio

At times, unconsciously, we exagerate how bad it is in India while it is not.

Just my 2 cents. Again, this is not to find fault. Great job.

-------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandrajesh
I was interviewed by National Public Radio(NPR) recently abt the whole immigration stuff. This can be heard on the following link
http://marketplace.publicradio.org/s...200603098.html

My 2 cents worth of thought, that has reached the National Audience. Getting Media Attention is pretty important with this fight.

Old 03-30-2006, 09:50 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Compare
GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold
Default Good talk

He says in the talk, the job market in India is booming right now and it offers promotion opportunitieis etc ...

In some places, depending on your experience and capabilities, you might as well get comparable salary to US. Given that cost of living is low in India, you might end up with same disposable income after taxes and expenses.

Good to hear that Americans are getting an idea what it would be to live in a shell in a global economy. Germany, UK opened up their borders and more EU countries might follow suit like Netherlands, Belgium, lastly France.

Old 03-30-2006, 10:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks and clarification

No Bro. I told them when i came to US in 2000 the salary was 1/20 or 1/25 of what I can make in US. So US was an attractive option. Now the salaries in India are close to 10 lacs per annum, it turns out to be 1/4 or 1/5 of what i make here. With less taxes, less cost of living and facilities in india good enough i guess i live a happier life in India than here.

SO i was presenting him my point that moving back to India may turn out to be a wonderful decision than getting stuck here. If every highly qualified immigrant take this decision and leave, US will be at loss. I did manage to convince him that losing us is a bad thing for US economy. That is how he managed to portray my story in a good way.
HOPING USCIS either to approve or deny my GC ASAP - EB3 India, PD - 2004 Mar, I-140 - 2006 July
I-485/AP/EAD - RD July 2. ND Aug 15, 2007 NSC
FP - Oct 12, 2007 EAD,AP - 2nd set

Old 03-31-2006, 02:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
sertasheep will become famous soon enough

Excellent newspiece, there. Here's hoping you're able to sort out your situation, Anand. By the way, salaries in India are now nearly 1/3rd of that in the US(in the bigger companies, of course)

Old 03-31-2006, 03:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/19/2007
Chargeability
:
Kenya
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
jkays94 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCwaitforever
He says in the talk, the job market in India is booming right now and it offers promotion opportunitieis etc ...

In some places, depending on your experience and capabilities, you might as well get comparable salary to US. Given that cost of living is low in India, you might end up with same disposable income after taxes and expenses.

Good to hear that Americans are getting an idea what it would be to live in a shell in a global economy. Germany, UK opened up their borders and more EU countries might follow suit like Netherlands, Belgium, lastly France.
Not forgetting Canada in the mix, Canadian permanent residency is attainable in between 9 months to 24 months if one applies while residing in the US as a skilled worker and has work experience.

And this just yesterday :

ABOARD TP-01, NORTHERN MEXICO — Mexican President Vicente Fox has proposed that Canada open its doors to growing numbers of unskilled Mexican "guest workers" to deal with a looming labour shortage brought on by an aging Canadian population.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl.../National/home

At the end of the day the US stands to be the looser. It appears that congress has forgotten about the impending retirement of over 75 million baby boomers. I am aware of many friends stuck in the BEC's or endless H1B extensions who are applying for Canadian permanent residency which they attain in as little as 9 months (if the interview is waived and depending on the skill). It will be no wonder if Canada soon becomes a destination for many skilled workers from the US who abandon their quest to become GC holders in the face of excruciating backlogs and needless hoops and hurdles.

Monday, October 31, 2005 Page A1 GLOBE AND MAIL

Immigration Minister Joe Volpe, who will table his annual report to Parliament today, says Canada hopes to be taking in as many as 300,000 immigrants a year within five years, and will start by raising its target for next year to between 225,000 and 255,000. Canada is on track to accept 245,000 this year, the very high end of last year's target.

"We have to start thinking about the Immigration Department as a recruiting vehicle for Canada's demographic and labour market needs . . . we are the lungs of the country," said Mr. Volpe in an interview with The Globe and Mail. "We are producing more jobs than the labour market has workers for. . . . We're desperate for immigration."

Last edited by jkays94; 03-31-2006 at 03:25 AM.

Old 03-31-2006, 09:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/18/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Congrats!

Congrats! Nice Job!

Old 04-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/19/2007
Chargeability
:
Kenya
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
jkays94 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by techy2468
IT in canada is in a bad shape.....very difficult to maintain a good job.....people get citizenship after 3 years...and they move to usa on TN visa...
I agree, IT might be in a bad shape in Canada, and indeed, coming back on a TN visa is indeed shorter than waiting for 6/7 years for a GC, not to mention that one gains self driven job mobility.