Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > FREE Lawyer conference calls
Click to log in with Facebook
FREE Lawyer conference calls This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:23 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of
Question How much pay should we aim for after green card

How much pay should a hard working guy aim for after getting green card considering following scenarios
1 - Both full time and consulting positions.
2 - Short term and long term consulting positions.
3 - Both parents working or only one parent working.
4 - Work where you live or commute every week.
5 - Start a consulting company
6 - Do Executive MBA and then start a company

Thanks

Total contributions $120
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of kishorda has much to be proud of

My friend neither education nor green card will get you better pay if that was the case then every citizen would be rich. End of the day you have to prove you capability at interview and while at job.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uma001 View Post
How much pay should a hard working guy aim for after getting green card considering following scenarios

Thanks
Hey dude - u r asking for career counselling..go consult a career adviser....ultimately it is you, ur talents, ur situations and your negotiation skills decides your monetary worth...

There is always a saying, aim high so that you will try to get there..
I-485 Receipt Date: July-25-2007
Since year 2000 GC process is like Maha Bharat Saga...
---------------------
yE dESa mEginA, yendugAliDina
yE pITha mekkinA, yevvaredu raina
pogaDarA, nI talli bhoomi bhAratini
niluparA, nI jAti ninDu garvammu
lEdurA iTuvanTi BoodEvi yendu
lErurA manavanTi pouru linkendu...
-Rayaprolu Subbarao

Old 07-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of

I am not talking about a person who has education, capability, knowledge, masters degree but no luck. Since no green card, he cannot go for higher position. I have seen people who do not know anything are working as managers, directors etc but they want me to work for them all the time, but I am fed up with their skills.
The question I posted is like career counselling , because nobody here to guide me becos everybody wants to gain from me but not to help me out thats why I posted here. i want to change my plans after getting green card.
I can get good position , but in a dilemma should I go for good position or pay or if wife and husband works for average salary, is that good enough?

Total contributions $120

Old 07-25-2012, 09:53 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Correction:

I am talking about a person who has education, capability, knowledge, masters degree but no luck

Quote:
I am not talking about a person who has education, capability, knowledge, masters degree but no luck. Since no green card, he cannot go for higher position. I have seen people who do not know anything are working as managers, directors etc but they want me to work for them all the time, but I am fed up with their skills.
The question I posted is like career counselling , because nobody here to guide me becos everybody wants to gain from me but not to help me out thats why I posted here. i want to change my plans after getting green card.
I can get good position , but in a dilemma should I go for good position or pay or if wife and husband works for average salary, is that good enough?

Total contributions $120

Old 07-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/31/2007
Compare
madras1 has a reputation beyond repute madras1 has a reputation beyond repute madras1 has a reputation beyond repute madras1 has a reputation beyond repute madras1 has a reputation beyond repute madras1 has a reputation beyond repute madras1 has a reputation beyond repute madras1 has a reputation beyond repute madras1 has a reputation beyond repute madras1 has a reputation beyond repute madras1 has a reputation beyond repute

I heard some companies give 20% hike and a promotion automatically after you get your green card.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:58 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thanks
if you ask on this forum like this.....How much pay should we aim for after green card?

i would say u don't deserve any pay..... neither do u need exec. mba to start a company

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute MahaBharatGC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Correction:

I am talking about a person who has education, capability, knowledge, masters degree but no luck
Just my 2 cents of advice!
More responsibility when you go up the ladder..more political battles there..
So, first find out what you like to do...enjoy family time and other things or simply likes to be a boss for authority and money...
Go and read about great people about what they did and how they achieved success to find out your inner fire....and go achieve it..
There is no use of luck if you are not ready to grab it when the door opens for you...
I-485 Receipt Date: July-25-2007
Since year 2000 GC process is like Maha Bharat Saga...
---------------------
yE dESa mEginA, yendugAliDina
yE pITha mekkinA, yevvaredu raina
pogaDarA, nI talli bhoomi bhAratini
niluparA, nI jAti ninDu garvammu
lEdurA iTuvanTi BoodEvi yendu
lErurA manavanTi pouru linkendu...
-Rayaprolu Subbarao

Old 07-25-2012, 10:00 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhira View Post
if you ask on this forum like this.....How much pay should we aim for after green card?

i would say u don't deserve any pay..... neither do u need exec. mba to start a company
LOL...If not here, where can you ask? You need to know peoples opinion. In a forum like this, friends from diff situations, diff environments , will share their opinion.

Total contributions $120

Old 07-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Point noted

1 - first find out what you like to do...enjoy family time and other things or simply likes to be a boss for authority and money...

The door opens for us when luck is on our side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MahaBharatGC View Post
Just my 2 cents of advice!
More responsibility when you go up the ladder..more political battles there..
So, first find out what you like to do...enjoy family time and other things or simply likes to be a boss for authority and money...
Go and read about great people about what they did and how they achieved success to find out your inner fire....and go achieve it..
There is no use of luck if you are not ready to grab it when the door opens for you...

Total contributions $120

Old 07-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stop this thread

Quote:
Point noted

1 - first find out what you like to do...enjoy family time and other things or simply likes to be a boss for authority and money...

The door opens for us when luck is on our side.
You are waiting a thread with these questions. I beleve an educated person will not have
such kind of questions.
Madras1 says companies give 20% after green card. Please name a few good companies not consulting companies who fear of losing a body(source of income) may give a hike.

I feel you need basic education on growth and prosperity. I do not know in what company you are in but you should seriously change this company of yours.
GREENED ON 8/03/10
WAIT_FOR_EVER's - WAIT_IS_OVER

Old 07-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute
Default What are you expecting

Quote:
LOL...If not here, where can you ask? You need to know peoples opinion. In a forum like this, friends from diff situations, diff environments , will share their opinion.
What do you expect will happen after you get your GC ? I assume you are thinking next day you will go to your HR and show your GC and tell them to make you a manager and give a pay hike ...

I have people in my company who are on H1 and full time employees and at director level (much higher than a manager ). GC or no GC. Your career growth and pay depends upon your technical skills , networking and management skills.

Btw a lot of people with GC and citizens are getting laid off too because of outsourcing. I wonder why the GC is not getting them a great pay package.

The only advantage of a GC I see are
1. You don't have to get your EAD and AP renewed every year which costs a lot of money and headache.
2. You can go anywhere you want and come back without the hassle of paperwork.
3. Your countdown to citizenship starts ..

Apart from that GC and your career have limited connection to each other .

EB3 - India - PD - Sep 2004
I140/485 AP - 08/02/2007
FP - 11/2007
AP/EAD - 11/2007
AP/EAD - 2008
AP - 2009
EAD - 2010

Old 07-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/06/2013
Compare
SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thanks
I think a million each quarter should be ok. I can live with that ....... LOL. I will be getting greened soon.......and I will approach you when you have your own company. Please don't get us wrong, but honestly it is up to the individual what he wants to do and how much he/she wants to make.
I140 Receipt Date:Jul 26, '07
I140 Approved Date:Apr 8, '08
2nd I140 Receipt Date:Jul 22, '11
I140 RFE Date:Mar 6, '12
I140 Approved Date:May 23, '12
I-485 Mailed Date:Feb 6, '13 Finally
I-485 Receipt Date:Feb 7, '13
I-485 Notice Date:Feb 12, '13
EAD & Advance Parole Approval:Mar 2, '13
EAD & Advance Parole Combo Card Recd Date:Mar 8, '13 (valid for 1 year)
Finger Print Notice date:Mar 29, '13

Old 08-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

You guys did not understand my post or my situation.

I am currently working as a consultant (just a consultant not manager not director)...I am working for consulting company. I cannot apply for a manger or director for contracting positions fear of not getting another project as a manger once its completed. I asked you guys for advice what should I do after I get green card.I know I am not educated. Thats why I am asking you educated people. Should I look for full time employee as team lead in a nice company so that career will progress (manager and then director) or remain as consultant....etc., etc., One need not be educated to become a manager . If he has high school education thats good enough. LOL

Total contributions $120

Old 08-23-2012, 09:06 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You guys did not understand my post or my situation.

I am currently working as a consultant (just a consultant not manager not director)...I am working for consulting company. I cannot apply for a manger or director for contracting positions fear of not getting another project as a manger once its completed. I asked you guys for advice what should I do after I get green card.I know I am not educated. Thats why I am asking you educated people. Should I look for full time employee as team lead in a nice company so that career will progress (manager and then director) or remain as consultant....etc., etc., One need not be educated to become a manager . If he has high school education thats good enough. LOL
Not sure I understand your question from what is highlighted in red.

Salaries are based on your skill and employer's need. People on H1B have high salaries as well as low salaries. It is all about which company a person is in, what his skill level is, how much demand is there for him and how much he can negotiate.

Question for you- Are you coming for the rally?

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------