Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future
Default Indian Students attacked in australia

Guys, I know this is nothing to do with US immigration and Green Card. So, please dont pick on me for posting this here.

I thought i would post it to show how much australia depends on foreign students to run their economy. Its their 3rd biggest exports. One of the below links(Laughing gang 'took delight' in train bashing) actually shows the CCTV footage of the assault.

Safety of international students 'compromised'
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1...compromised%27

Laughing gang 'took delight' in train bashing
http://www.theage.com.au/national/la...0521-bgvq.html

Scarred, scared and wanting to go home
http://www.theage.com.au/national/sc...4p.html?page=2

Four Indian students in Australia assaulted
http://www.ptinews.com/pti%5Cptisite...3?OpenDocument
Attended DC rally
NC state chapter http://groups.google.com/group/iv-nc
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2007
Compare
gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute

so said and sickening to these things happening around..

485 Approved 08/18/2010

Old 05-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Another incident which highlights the misconcieved notion that immigrants take away your jobs. Usually this attitude is held by people of low and low-mid wages. What they dont realize is that without immigrants and with the world open to international free trade, there is no way industry can survive in these developed nations where the cost of living is very high. These people are used to skipping schools / not going to college and still landing some sort of job with which they were able to carry on their love life. Now since they find that there are hardly any industry left (every thing moved to 3rd world) they have to really struggle to keep up with the diminishing job market. They are frustrated about studying and working hard. It is time that industry and business leaders really educate these (stupid) folks that immigration actually benefits the job market on the long run by stablizing wages and through sustaining inovation.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light
Default so frigging narrow minded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummgelauft View Post
I would encourage ALL immigrantsm in all countries, to check the local gun laws, and if it is allowed by law, carry a gun at all times.

This was no gang that beat up saurabh. they were just a bunch of stupid, dropout teens.
Also, I do not understand why Indian students are heading for Australia. It has NOTHING to offer. After all, it is a country of ex-convicts. Technically, all white australians, who have family roots in autralia back to the later half of 19th century, or earlier are descendants of thieves, robbers, murderers, rapists and child molesters.

Canada is a much much better choice. It is clean, quiet, calm and it proximity to US is a great thing.
dude, you are very narrow minded.

in any case, crime happens everywhere!! EVERYWHERE. whats the point in discussing a crime on a site like this? this is clearly a psychological need in the poster's mind to sympathize with people of like color and feel sympathized in return. to re-iterate: crime is everywhere - no need to perpetuate negativity and name calling. it should stop with the criminal. (unless, you are using your freedom of speech to basically slander and defame and entire race/nation).
I-140 AD: Jan 2008
I-485 RD: July 20 2007
I-485 ND: Sept 29 2007
EAD: on second EAD
have used AC21

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
Another incident which highlights the misconcieved notion that immigrants take away your jobs. Usually this attitude is held by people of low and low-mid wages. What they dont realize is that without immigrants and with the world open to international free trade, there is no way industry can survive in these developed nations where the cost of living is very high. These people are used to skipping schools / not going to college and still landing some sort of job with which they were able to carry on their love life. Now since they find that there are hardly any industry left (every thing moved to 3rd world) they have to really struggle to keep up with the diminishing job market. They are frustrated about studying and working hard. It is time that industry and business leaders really educate these (stupid) folks that immigration actually benefits the job market on the long run by stablizing wages and through sustaining inovation.
Nicely said.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of

Quote:
I would encourage ALL immigrantsm in all countries, to check the local gun laws, and if it is allowed by law, carry a gun at all times.

This was no gang that beat up saurabh. they were just a bunch of stupid, dropout teens.
Also, I do not understand why Indian students are heading for Australia. It has NOTHING to offer. After all, it is a country of ex-convicts. Technically, all white australians, who have family roots in autralia back to the later half of 19th century, or earlier are descendants of thieves, robbers, murderers, rapists and child molesters.

Canada is a much much better choice. It is clean, quiet, calm and it proximity to US is a great thing.
What are you saying.....criminal behavior is hereditary? You serious?
I-485 delivered to NSC 8 August 2007
Receipted at TSC 2 October 2007

Old 05-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
peterpan can only hope to improve

Quote:
when you have an entire population of convicts of various natures, living on an island, with no outside contact, the general culture of that place will be affected, even after hundreds of years.
fail.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When you have an ENTIRE population of convicts of various natures, living on an Island, with no outside contact, the general culture of that place will be affected, even after hundreds of years.
Can you be any more narrow-minded? Please don't generalize!

Old 05-28-2009, 12:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dice is infamous around these parts Dice is infamous around these parts Dice is infamous around these parts Dice is infamous around these parts

Typical judgmental racism, you're no different from the Anti-immi's who talk the same way about India/Subcontinent etc.

Australia's a great country, Australians are a fine bunch of peepz, i got tons of Aussie friends here, they're all super cool, every country has a crime problem, but judging a whole culture based on that is not cool.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Got_Skillz View Post
The generalization that the poster has implied is actually true. Most Australians are the progeny of criminals ousted from Europe. New South Wales was a British penal colony to start with. Check your facts.

What a frakked up litte chickenshit country. Why do desis go there anyhow? It's a 100 times worse than India !!!
No matter what, all five fingers are not alike my friend; so, please don't generalize!

Old 05-28-2009, 01:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
browncow is a jewel in the rough browncow is a jewel in the rough browncow is a jewel in the rough browncow is a jewel in the rough
Default Updates

"Authorities are not co-operative" Victims friends say.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/109052...y_11029057.jsp

"the external affairs ministry is pressing the victorian government to contain such situations". I feel sick to my stomach, when instead of creating an uproar and making everyone attending the case work 24/7, our ministers give such lame statements.

This reminds me of the statement "Such things happen in big cities" said by the deputy chief minister, in reference to the Mumbai hotel attacks. They DO NOT CARE about an Indian citizens' life.

Last edited by browncow; 05-28-2009 at 01:59 AM.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future

Chi_Shark,

we all know "CRIME HAPPENS EVERYWHERE", It may not be a hate crime. News items are showing that this is shaking australian government and they are coming out to condemn it and acting on it. Asking international students not travel lonely etc., I expect you to read those news items before writing some random, generalized comments.

Today there was one more attack as per Times of India.

If its not targeted towards foreign students, why would they do that?
Attended DC rally

Old 05-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts

Did anyone else notice that a couple of perpetrators were non-white? One looked south asian and the other oriental!

This shows it was not racism.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare

yep, it is not a racial attack. It is just that the guy was vulnerable given he is travelling alone and the rest in that coach are a gang. On the whole, it looks like foriegn students are getting targeted not specific to any race or country.
Attended DC rally

Old 05-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge_hammer View Post
Did anyone else notice that a couple of perpetrators were non-white? One looked south asian and the other oriental!

This shows it was not racism.
The video is totally misleading.
THat was a video from a previous attack in a train. The kids were not trying to kill the other guy.
and was not even picked up by the wires.

The current case is where a group of australians gate crashed a indian party and attacked everyone, chanting racial abuses, asking them to leave australia, attacking with screwdrivers to an extent that one indian is fighting for his life in the hospital.