Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 08-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of
Angry Plight of EB2 India

Yes, that is right, I said “plight of EB2-India”.

I am a passive observer of these forums. But some of the ridiculous notions floating around here have motivated me to vent. First and foremost, the law as written is highly favorable to people in EB3 categories, even from India. Here is how...

Take my example (and there are thousands like myself)....came to the US 8 years ago, spent 5 years working day and night to earn a PhD on a low (barely sustainable) stipend, got FIRST job saw decent money for the first time 6 years after I came.

Now, compare this to a person working an EB3-job for the last 8 years. Not only does this person do a real job that hopefully provides a respectable income but this person also has the option of moving to EB2 after 5 years of experience. So, at the end of the day in 2008; this person comes out ahead of me in terms of money, in terms of priority date (if ported) and most likely in terms of GC.

There are complaints all over the forum which have the stink of pretentiousness such as “oh..i am a poor EB3 waiting for n number of years” etc etc. What you guys seem to forget is that YOU are NOT an EB3, it is your JOB that is EB3. You have all the opportunities that were/are available to a person who sweated it out in the university system here to gain more qualifications and get an EB2 job. You CHOSE not to. The general discussion seems to center around cribbing about the US immigration system (Immigration by the way is a privilege defined by laws, not a birthright) and then blaming the EB2 crowd when they finally see the system implement the law as intended in the first place (horizontal spillover rules).

All these posts that refer to “my career is over because my gc is delayed” are nothing but a pathetic excuse. Law of supply and demand....if you have a skillset that is valuable, you will be fine with or without GC anywhere in the world. It takes a bunch of documents to remain here legally, all you need is a passport to go back if the system here seems so bad.

For all the attacks that are bound to happen, here is the fodder.....this is probably my first and last post, I haven’t contributed a dime to IV, will work here as long as I like it and if not, India is a great country and provides enough opportunities for any skillset !!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2008
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
scorpion00 is a glorious beacon of light scorpion00 is a glorious beacon of light scorpion00 is a glorious beacon of light scorpion00 is a glorious beacon of light scorpion00 is a glorious beacon of light

What a stupid post.
Do you really think that all EB3 people are no US-educated? EB2/EB3 is dictated by job requirements and not the actual qualifications of someone. I am graduate of a top ranked US university but applied in EB3 since my job didn't require M.S and my company didn't want to manipulate the job requirements.
I am sure there are many more like me who were qualified for EB2 but applied in EB3.
If this is the best you can come up, I really hope that this was your first and last post.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2010
Compare
willwin has a reputation beyond repute willwin has a reputation beyond repute willwin has a reputation beyond repute willwin has a reputation beyond repute willwin has a reputation beyond repute willwin has a reputation beyond repute willwin has a reputation beyond repute willwin has a reputation beyond repute willwin has a reputation beyond repute willwin has a reputation beyond repute willwin has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=chaanakya;276968]....if you have a skillset that is valuable, you will be fine with or without GC anywhere in the world. It takes a bunch of documents to remain here legally, all you need is a passport to go back if the system here seems so bad.

QUOTE]

So why are you worrying about EB3 porting to EB2 if the world is open?

Why are you concerned about your GC? After all you are better educated than EB3!

Is your other name, SunnySurya?

Old 08-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute
Default PhD Idiot

Boy! you thinking every EB2 is masters and every EB3 is bachelors?

Never visited IV? Thank you
First and last post in IV? Once again, thank you
Never contributed or will not contribute? We are not begging you to contribute. So chill Doc.

Next time you decide to tickle your tonsils with your toe-nail make sure you have your facts right.

Let us start a fund for this guy's ticket back-home.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion00 View Post
What a stupid post.
Do you really think that all EB3 people are no US-educated? EB2/EB3 is dictated by job requirements and not the actual qualifications of someone. I am graduate of a top ranked US university but applied in EB3 since my job didn't require M.S and my company didn't want to manipulate the job requirements.
I am sure there are many more like me who were qualified for EB2 but applied in EB3.
If this is the best you can come up, I really hope that this was your first and last post.
..."who were qualified for EB2 but applied in EB3. " ...Exactly my point. Technically I am qualified for EB1 but filed as EB2, hence i need to play by the rules governing EB2. Now if i begin lamenting that I am qualified for EB1 which is current and life is unfair since i am in EB2, how much sense would that make? My point is Don't crib if EB3 is retrogressed...use the system and become EB2, port your priority date, which is ofcourse dependent upon finding an EB2 job !!! All of this nonsense .."i pray someone does something for EB3" is going to get no one anywhere !! Fight for comprehensive immigration reform or HR 5882 recapture BUT for god's sake Do not blame the EB2 - India people who have played by the rules and are in a favorable position today relative to EB3 !!

The lawsuit against PD porting makes sense from an EB2 perspective and they are right to go ahead with it. Porting your PD from EB3 to EB2 makes sense from an EB3 perspective and every EB3 should try to do it before this door closes, if it does.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2003
Compare
trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek_bechara View Post

Never contributed or will not contribute? We are not begging you to contribute. So chill Doc.

Next time you decide to tickle your tonsils with your toe-nail make sure you have your facts right.

I will contribute for his air ticket back home. I wonder who gave him PH D? I would like to get PH D from his university and become eligible for EB1

Old 08-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
Default What else could be expected?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Attack the argument, not the argumentor.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare
conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future
Default please ignore

please ignore this thread and let it die its own natural death. There is no point discussing all this again and again.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
prioritydate has a spectacular aura about prioritydate has a spectacular aura about
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek_bechara View Post

This is funny. You made me laugh

<Next time you decide to tickle your tonsils with your toe-nail make sure you have your facts right.>

Old 08-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2008
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
scorpion00 is a glorious beacon of light scorpion00 is a glorious beacon of light scorpion00 is a glorious beacon of light scorpion00 is a glorious beacon of light scorpion00 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaanakya View Post
..." My point is Don't crib if EB3 is retrogressed...use the system and become EB2, port your priority date, which is ofcourse dependent upon finding an EB2 job
Really???? Are you sure that this is what you meant in your original post?

This is what you wrote in the first post,
"Now, compare this to a person working an EB3-job for the last 8 years. Not only does this person do a real job that hopefully provides a respectable income but this person also has the option of moving to EB2 after 5 years of experience. So, at the end of the day in 2008; this person comes out ahead of me in terms of money, in terms of priority date (if ported) and most likely in terms of GC"
"You have all the opportunities that were/are available to a person who sweated it out in the university system here to gain more qualifications and get an EB2 job. You CHOSE not to."
Are you insane or what? Why can't you understand that many EB3 also have US education.There are thousands who had M.S degree or more than 5 years of experience but didn't apply in EB2.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute
Default One last reply

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Attack the argument, not the argumentor.

Is that from your PhD course work homie? Clearly you dont have an argument because an argument is based on facts. I need something to attack so I'm picking on you.

Always remember: We stand together and thats the only way we will ever build a Indian strong community in US of A.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2002
Compare
Redeye has much to be proud of Redeye has much to be proud of Redeye has much to be proud of Redeye has much to be proud of Redeye has much to be proud of Redeye has much to be proud of Redeye has much to be proud of Redeye has much to be proud of Redeye has much to be proud of Redeye has much to be proud of
Default Phd

Boy, you are two kinds of crazy

1) You ignored the point people have life and do things to be happy in life. You choose a job that makes you happy. Then apply for GC either EB3 or EB2.
You say you have chosen PHD, and you came out low on money. What were you smoking when you chose Phd and also thought you would make money?

2) I cannot change my classification and port it like it is my application. Because simply it is not. At the same time I do not want to leave my 6 figure job with benefits ( yeah you heard it right and damn right I worked hard for it like you did for your Phd)

And yeah India is a great country and would love to go back someday, but not today. Irony is I know for a fact that I will have better life in India than in US given my family background. But I will not let any struggle in my life go waste.

PS: I have a US Masters with a 4.0. I have got offers for Phd which I chose not to do because it does not interest me.

Quote:
..."who were qualified for EB2 but applied in EB3. " ...Exactly my point. Technically I am qualified for EB1 but filed as EB2, hence i need to play by the rules governing EB2. Now if i begin lamenting that I am qualified for EB1 which is current and life is unfair since i am in EB2, how much sense would that make? My point is Don't crib if EB3 is retrogressed...use the system and become EB2, port your priority date, which is ofcourse dependent upon finding an EB2 job !!! All of this nonsense .."i pray someone does something for EB3" is going to get no one anywhere !! Fight for comprehensive immigration reform or HR 5882 recapture BUT for god's sake Do not blame the EB2 - India people who have played by the rules and are in a favorable position today relative to EB3 !!

The lawsuit against PD porting makes sense from an EB2 perspective and they are right to go ahead with it. Porting your PD from EB3 to EB2 makes sense from an EB3 perspective and every EB3 should try to do it before this door closes, if it does.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:51 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2007
Compare
ab_tak_chappan is infamous around these parts ab_tak_chappan is infamous around these parts ab_tak_chappan is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

chaanakya i fully agree with your assessment!

Quote:

I am a passive observer of these forums. But some of the ridiculous notions floating around here have motivated me to vent. First and foremost, the law as written is highly favorable to people in EB3 categories, even from India. Here is how...

Take my example (and there are thousands like myself)....came to the US 8 years ago, spent 5 years working day and night to earn a PhD on a low (barely sustainable) stipend, got FIRST job saw decent money for the first time 6 years after I came.

Now, compare this to a person working an EB3-job for the last 8 years. Not only does this person do a real job that hopefully provides a respectable income but this person also has the option of moving to EB2 after 5 years of experience. So, at the end of the day in 2008; this person comes out ahead of me in terms of money, in terms of priority date (if ported) and most likely in terms of GC.

There are complaints all over the forum which have the stink of pretentiousness such as “oh..i am a poor EB3 waiting for n number of years” etc etc. What you guys seem to forget is that YOU are NOT an EB3, it is your JOB that is EB3. You have all the opportunities that were/are available to a person who sweated it out in the university system here to gain more qualifications and get an EB2 job. You CHOSE not to. The general discussion seems to center around cribbing about the US immigration system (Immigration by the way is a privilege defined by laws, not a birthright) and then blaming the EB2 crowd when they finally see the system implement the law as intended in the first place (horizontal spillover rules).

All these posts that refer to “my career is over because my gc is delayed” are nothing but a pathetic excuse. Law of supply and demand....if you have a skillset that is valuable, you will be fine with or without GC anywhere in the world. It takes a bunch of documents to remain here legally, all you need is a passport to go back if the system here seems so bad.

For all the attacks that are bound to happen, here is the fodder.....this is probably my first and last post, I haven’t contributed a dime to IV, will work here as long as I like it and if not, India is a great country and provides enough opportunities for any skillset !!

Old 08-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcgreen is on a distinguished road

your title is misleading. where is the "plight" that you refer to?
Also, EB2 applies to jobs that require a Masters degree as well, not just PhD.

An MS can be completed in as little as 9 months (YES, 9 months, if you apply for MS in a school that follows quarter system and complete coursework but no thesis) for majors like Electrical and Computer Engineering. So what is the plight for folks who completed MS in say 9 months to 2 yrs, and how is it different from the plight of EB3 folks?

Quote:

Old 08-13-2008, 08:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kumsoft is on a distinguished road

Let everyone get their greencard. Dont fight among us, thats what anti-immigrants community wants.

Last edited by kumsoft; 08-13-2008 at 09:03 PM.