Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

Old 06-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
zerozerozeven is a jewel in the rough zerozerozeven is a jewel in the rough zerozerozeven is a jewel in the rough
Default Australia - Where immigration is still booming

http://www.economist.com/displayStor...ry_id=11465271

Even Europe and Canada are more welcoming to skilled immigrations now. This is now for US to lose if they dont fix the immigration system soon
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozerozeven View Post
http://www.economist.com/displayStor...ry_id=11465271

Even Europe and Canada are more welcoming to skilled immigrations now. This is now for US to lose if they dont fix the immigration system soon
Australia & Europe are a lot more racist than the US is. And there are hardly any jobs in Canada.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2007
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
mhtanim will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_hoosier View Post
Australia & Europe are a lot more racist than the US is. And there are hardly any jobs in Canada.
Just to share my own experience... although many of us think Australia & Europe are more racist, it may not always be true.

I have many friends who moved into Australia and most of them are doing pretty well. Big cities like Syndey and Melbourne have huge immigrant communities now.

The saddest part? I came to the U.S. about 9 years ago. My friends who moved into Australia after I moved into the U.S. already are done with their PR process and and are now Aus Citizens!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhtanim View Post
Just to share my own experience... although many of us think Australia & Europe are more racist, it may not always be true.

I have many friends who moved into Australia and most of them are doing pretty well. Big cities like Syndey and Melbourne have huge immigrant communities now.

The saddest part? I came to the U.S. about 9 years ago. My friends who moved into Australia after I moved into the U.S. already are done with their PR process and and are now Aus Citizens!!!
And yet, it is far more likely that given a chance, desis settled in Australia will move to the US than desis in the US moving down to Australia.

This is based on a couple of real cases I know.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
USDream2Dust will become famous soon enough
Talking Not to blow you away

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhtanim View Post

Not to disrespect your views but I recently in Feb 2008 visited australia for 30 days on a tour. I found it very beautiful and untouched interms of land and environment. I had same feeling when I came from India to US.

All the natural beauty aside it is not even close to US in terms of living standards and yes there is racism.

I stayed in melbourne and sydney with my friends and relatives for about 15 days.

It is good to visit but definitely not worth moving from US to australia.

Lot of people I met there have migrated from US to Australia in search for better life. Definition of better life is debatable.

In general I found ausis to be fun loving people with little to no goals in life.

Last edited by USDream2Dust; 06-03-2008 at 06:40 PM.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold
Default Southern Australia

Visit the site below

www.immigration.sa.gov.au

Southern Australia immigration made much faster, the one similar to Alberta in Canada.

Synonyms for inJustice:
Abuse, breach, crime, damage, dirty deal, discrimination, encroachment, favoritism, grievance, inequality, inequity, infraction, infringement, iniquity, malfeasance, malpractice, maltreatment, mischief, negligence, offense, one-sidedness, oppression, outrage, partiality, partisanship, prejudice, raw deal, rotten deal, ruin, sellout, transgression, trespass, unfairness, unjustness, unlawfulness, villainy, violation, wrongdoing

Old 06-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
brick2006 is infamous around these parts
Default how?

is this related...to our struggle
interesting read tough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramkalyan View Post
Visit the site below

www.immigration.sa.gov.au

Southern Australia immigration made much faster, the one similar to Alberta in Canada.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2008
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute
Default Racism? No Jobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_hoosier View Post
I can categorically state that the statement is not true as far as Canada and Australia are concerned.

I have a brother and more than a few friends in Australia and have discussed the issue with them on more than one occasion. Without getting into too many details, I can say that racism in Australia is not any worse than racism in let's say Texas. I agree that it is no bay area but it is not that bad that one would not want to go there.

Regarding the jobs in Canada <sigh> , what can I say. I guess all my friends who are making 6 figure there and the recruiters who offered me a job in Alberta must be lying to me. Getting established in Canada does take more work, but saying there are "hardly in jobs in Canada" is patently ridiculous to put it mildly.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2007
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
mhtanim will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersose View Post
And yet, it is far more likely that given a chance, desis settled in Australia will move to the US than desis in the US moving down to Australia.

This is based on a couple of real cases I know.
I do agree with you. I wouldn't wanna move into Australia at this point of my life either.

Australia is probably more welcoming nowadays when it comes to immigration. I don't think their immigration process takes as much time as it takes here. However, considering the job market and living standards, US probably still is much better.

I know few people who moved into Australia from the U.S.. I also have met few who moved into the U.S. from Australia. I guess it's hard to compare which country is better for immigrants unless you actually live in both countries by yourself.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute

Those, who have been waiting in USA for the last several years for GC, Canada/Australia is not of much attraction. But for people starting-up career after graduation, Canada and Australia might be rewarding. In 10 years, they can reach better position working in Canada/Australia.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/22/2006
Compare
Aah_GC is on a distinguished road

My take is wherever it is you find yourself in, make the best out of it. There are always going to better places to settle down and not-so good places to go. It is up to you to find the good part and focus your attention on how well you can contribute and succeed as a human. For all we know we might be heaven one day and say – “Hey we should have gone there, but..”

Contributed $700 and made calls to Senators

Old 06-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canada

If anyone interested in Canada, visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/
Learnt that you can apply for Permanent residency, (wait for 1-3yrs if applying within US), then look for job & then move to Canada, pretty sweet deal, given the current US' endless waittimes.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:13 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
syzygy is on a distinguished road

Nothing Is More Racist Than America And We All Who Invested Time In For Usa Wasted So Much Of Our Life..

Old 06-04-2008, 12:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2007
Compare
gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute

sometimes I wonder if I should have been born few years late.

I remember AUS migration was not that easy or preferred few years ago..but I am hearing good things about it more than Canada..

I think whoever came to US and got stuck will have to contend here..personally with wife and 2 kids..I dont think I would restart my life..

But very interesting thread though..atleast useful for the people who are in India right now

485 Approved 08/18/2010

Old 06-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/24/1900
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/24/1900
Compare
Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice

Dude, you came to that conclusion in just 30 days, about an entire nation ???!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USDream2Dust View Post
In general I found ausis to be fun loving people with little to no goals in life.