Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP
Click to log in with Facebook
Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP. Comparison between keeping H1 versus forfeiting H1 and using EAD/AP after 485 filing.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gps001 can only hope to improve
Default Problems associated in using Advance Parole for re-entry (instead of a visa stamp)

-I have my H1-B valid until 2010, but the visa stamping expired.
-I applied for I-485/EAD/AP. Got EAD card and AP document. I don't intend to use EAD at all, until unless absolutely necessary.
-I intend to travel outside US, and return back using the AP.
-I don't want to get my visa stamped, as its a hassle, and getting an visa appointment is a hassle as well.

My questions:
1. If I travel outside US and return, and use the Advance Parole at the port of entry, what are the restrictions on my H1-B status?
2. Is using the AP, same as having the visa stamping (although its for a limited period)?
3. My H1-B will be in 6th year in 2010. Can I extend it beyond that to be on H1-B beyond 6th year, based on pending I-485 (when I use AP)?
4. Can I change jobs on H1-B (to a different company).
5. I heard that, at the port of entry, the I-94 card is stamped as PAROLEE. When I transfer my H1 to a different company, and produce the I-94 (with Parolee) on it, would it cause a problem?
6. How early can we apply for the renewal of the advance parole? Say, if my AP expires Oct 15th, 2008, can I send an application in April?
7. Does using AP, force me to switch to EAD?

Any other restrictions, problems associated with using Advance Parole, when I intend to be on H1-B (and not use EAD)?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote