|Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP. Comparison between keeping H1 versus forfeiting H1 and using EAD/AP after 485 filing.|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Problems associated in using Advance Parole for re-entry (instead of a visa stamp)
-I have my H1-B valid until 2010, but the visa stamping expired.
-I applied for I-485/EAD/AP. Got EAD card and AP document. I don't intend to use EAD at all, until unless absolutely necessary.
-I intend to travel outside US, and return back using the AP.
-I don't want to get my visa stamped, as its a hassle, and getting an visa appointment is a hassle as well.
1. If I travel outside US and return, and use the Advance Parole at the port of entry, what are the restrictions on my H1-B status?
2. Is using the AP, same as having the visa stamping (although its for a limited period)?
3. My H1-B will be in 6th year in 2010. Can I extend it beyond that to be on H1-B beyond 6th year, based on pending I-485 (when I use AP)?
4. Can I change jobs on H1-B (to a different company).
5. I heard that, at the port of entry, the I-94 card is stamped as PAROLEE. When I transfer my H1 to a different company, and produce the I-94 (with Parolee) on it, would it cause a problem?
6. How early can we apply for the renewal of the advance parole? Say, if my AP expires Oct 15th, 2008, can I send an application in April?
7. Does using AP, force me to switch to EAD?
Any other restrictions, problems associated with using Advance Parole, when I intend to be on H1-B (and not use EAD)?
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|does parole stamp superceds Advance Parole doc date?||AXM||Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing||6||10-28-2011 11:25 AM|
|H4 Visa Vs Advance Parole for re-entry||gc_buddy||Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing||9||11-20-2008 04:51 PM|
|Problems associated in using Advance Parole for re-entry (instead of a visa stamp)||gps001||Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP||70||12-08-2007 03:11 PM|
|Canceled H1B: Re-entry with visa stamp of previous employer||rvpg||Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation||3||11-27-2007 06:57 PM|
|Traveling with Parole and no H1B visa stamp||vls||All other Green Card Issues||1||02-19-2007 06:19 PM|