Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dilvahabilyeha has a spectacular aura about dilvahabilyeha has a spectacular aura about
Default Buddies! Evidence is important! ( must Read! )

Guys! What ever action you do regarding immigration please be adviced that you have to have an evidence, like

1) You call any customer service then use a voice recorder and be on speaker phone.

2) Send pkg to USCIS, then keep a tracking info from the fedex website as a pdf and send it to your personnel email.

3) If your check is encashed by USCIS or HLS, download the online chk copy and also the stamement and send it to your personnel email.

4) Any important questions/discussion/answers you dwelt with your laywer, end of day, send an email saying this is what I understood on what we discussed, so are we in same page? to your lawyer.

5) Always have some cheatsheet to track the mailing dates, received dates, called date, dead lines etc and keep using it and updating it. (good for your rebate tracking too )

6) Let others know what tips you have !

Man! when big big things in our history

like Taj Mahal ( http://www.stephen-knapp.com/was_the...dic_temple.htm )

and Red Fort ( http://www.stephen-knapp.com/photogr..._influence.htm)

get under disputes just because they lack proper evidence ,

where are we! so be careful with Evidence!

Did any of the tips useful to you?

Tnx

Last edited by dilvahabilyeha; 07-23-2007 at 06:41 PM. Reason: People should not miss, good things when they are free!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dilvahabilyeha has a spectacular aura about dilvahabilyeha has a spectacular aura about
Default 1 more Tip

Also One More which I am in process of doing,

If possible have all the originals scanned and pkg it as password protected zip file and store it somewhere, this might help you if you don't find your originals on time. One of my friends had cut a CD (encrypted) and has put the originals in the Bank locker just to avoid accidents like fire,etc.

Last edited by dilvahabilyeha; 07-23-2007 at 01:25 PM.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute
Default It is a must

As dilvahabilyeha suggested, it is a must for everyone to scan all your records (everything from birth certificate to passport to I797, I-94s) and keep them as images in your laptop (password protedted) and in a backup device.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by insbaby
As dilvahabilyeha suggested, it is a must for everyone to scan all your records (everything from birth certificate to passport to I797, I-94s) and keep them as images in your laptop (password protedted) and in a backup device.
This will be a weekend worth of an effort, but definitely a highly recommended stuff. Scanning passports and importantt documents is a real must for all. I have not done it myself, and plan to do it.

Every household MUST have Fax, Photocopy, scanner and printer, especially in these situations where 500K applications are expected in this month filing.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilvahabilyeha
Man! when big big things in our history

like Taj Mahal ( http://www.stephen-knapp.com/was_the...dic_temple.htm )

and Red Fort ( http://www.stephen-knapp.com/photogr..._influence.htm)

get dissolved in history just because they lack evidence ,

where are we! so be careful with Evidence!

Did any of the tips useful to you?

Tnx
If there is no evidence how do you know history is false? By your own admission, there is no evidence that the Taj Mahal was not built by Shah Jahan, in which case you cannot disagree with de facto History.

Besides, Stephen Knapp is a Hare Krishna (hence, the motive) and it is well known that Hare Krishnas though generally very ignorant about science and history, write books and publish them nonetheless misleading the unsuspecting public. Some linguists have critically reviewed Stephen Knapps works and exposed his ignorance. You can find some with a google search.

But we are digressing...back to collecting and maintaining evidence

Old 07-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersose
If there is no evidence how do you know history is false? By your own admission, there is no evidence that the Taj Mahal was not built by Shah Jahan, in which case you cannot disagree with de facto History.

Besides, Stephen Knapp is a Hare Krishna (hence, the motive) and it is well known that Hare Krishnas though generally very ignorant about science and history, write books and publish them nonetheless misleading the unsuspecting public. Some linguists have critically reviewed Stephen Knapps works and exposed his ignorance. You can find some with a google search.

I know it's not the place to discuss this first; but still , thought should ask you, don't the pictures talk to you?, Please PM me, let's not lose focus on the current evidence tips

Last edited by dilvahabilyeha; 07-23-2007 at 03:30 PM.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of
Default Scanning records...

How else did folks send docs to their lawyers/law firms? In my case each and every doc was scanned and sent as PDF, and I have a PDF of every single doc that exists in my boxes full of docs. Pretty soon I'll need to rent some storage for the original docs - may need a mini warehouse for all this stuff.... (of course I'm kidding, but that's quite a lot of docs - education, experience, pay stubs, W2s, taxes, H1 & H4 Receipt Notices, Approval Notices, Labor Certs apps, certified Labor Certs, I-140 approval(s), I-1485 apps, moving notices, copies of passports, bank statements.... etc. .

Hopefully, some bright day in the next 10-25 years, we'll get a green card, and that may bring an end to this surreal state of being shackled to your documents endlessly.... it's like living in a twilight zone.

Perhaps USCIS should ask for docs once and store them electronically (heck, we can all submit these docs electrnocially, can't we?). Give me a login/profile on a USCIS.gov web site where I can maintain electronic copies of these, upload PDFs as required (and also as future reference, download them as required). USCIS should also post PDFs of all Receipt Notices, Approval Notices, and other documents it generates, to these user profiles.

Once this happens we won't need to FedEx them a repetitive set of documents (repetitive for most part.... ) which end up weighing down the FedEx truck by a couple of pounds for each such filing.

A Utopian dream, but it's not outside the realm of possiblity if USCIS can come even close in terms of technology to the guy next door who owns/operates a web 2.0 web site from his garage... (and with any luck, given an EAD and at some point a Green Card, I'd love to go start one of my own.... .

jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by insbaby
Proud member of IV California/NorCal
I was in Washington, D.C.

on Sep 18th 2007

---------------------------------------------

Old 07-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2006
Compare
GooblyWoobly is a splendid one to behold GooblyWoobly is a splendid one to behold GooblyWoobly is a splendid one to behold GooblyWoobly is a splendid one to behold GooblyWoobly is a splendid one to behold GooblyWoobly is a splendid one to behold GooblyWoobly is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersose

Can we please keep these things out of IV? There is a lot of crap going on on all these... most of them bad PR agenda by folks with vested interests in fundamentalism. Who cares who built it? It's beautiful, enjoy it!!

Please refrain from mentioning such things on IV. There are better things to do in life!!

Old 07-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzByTheBay
How else did folks send docs to their lawyers/law firms? In my case each and every doc was scanned and sent as PDF, and I have a PDF of every single doc that exists in my boxes full of docs. Pretty soon I'll need to rent some storage for the original docs - may need a mini warehouse for all this stuff.... (of course I'm kidding, but that's quite a lot of docs - education, experience, pay stubs, W2s, taxes, H1 & H4 Receipt Notices, Approval Notices, Labor Certs apps, certified Labor Certs, I-140 approval(s), I-1485 apps, moving notices, copies of passports, bank statements.... etc. .

Hopefully, some bright day in the next 10-25 years, we'll get a green card, and that may bring an end to this surreal state of being shackled to your documents endlessly.... it's like living in a twilight zone.

Perhaps USCIS should ask for docs once and store them electronically (heck, we can all submit these docs electrnocially, can't we?). Give me a login/profile on a USCIS.gov web site where I can maintain electronic copies of these, upload PDFs as required (and also as future reference, download them as required). USCIS should also post PDFs of all Receipt Notices, Approval Notices, and other documents it generates, to these user profiles.

Once this happens we won't need to FedEx them a repetitive set of documents (repetitive for most part.... ) which end up weighing down the FedEx truck by a couple of pounds for each such filing.

A Utopian dream, but it's not outside the realm of possiblity if USCIS can come even close in terms of technology to the guy next door who owns/operates a web 2.0 web site from his garage... (and with any luck, given an EAD and at some point a Green Card, I'd love to go start one of my own.... .

jazz
Very True! Having a paper-less operation would really accelerate things! But you know who knows they are under the lobbying pressure from the courier companies or the paper companies . I hope they come out of this "Take No Logic" attitude and implement better "Technology" to make things move quicker.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
newxyz100 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilvahabilyeha
I know it's not the place to discuss this first; but still , thought should ask you, don't the pictures talk to you?, Please PM me, let's not lose focus on the current evidence tips

I tried to see the pictures but literally they don't add up for anything. BTW why did they take b/w pictures? Does they want to some how prove that these are "old" pictures dated back to shahjehan era and it resembles to a temple. Its hard for me to buy those things when its not been proved.

And according to Wikipedia, In 2000 India's Supreme Court dismissed Oak's petition to declare that a Hindu king built the Taj Mahal and reprimanded him for bringing the action.

This forum is for Immigration issue's lets keep it that way. And more importanly please bring different cultures to this country and not political ideologies.

Old 07-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by newxyz100
I tried to see the pictures but literally they don't add up for anything. BTW why did they take b/w pictures? Does they want to some how prove that these are "old" pictures dated back to shahjehan era and it resembles to a temple. Its hard for me to buy those things when its not been proved.

And according to Wikipedia, In 2000 India's Supreme Court dismissed Oak's petition to declare that a Hindu king built the Taj Mahal and reprimanded him for bringing the action.

This forum is for Immigration issue's lets keep it that way. And more importanly please bring different cultures to this country and not political ideologies.
OOPs! I'm not bringing anything political here Buddy! As someone said, who ever built it, we need not care, just enjoy it, I respect and feel that brings more peace than the pride achieved on which builder side we are. I brought this into context because, When such huge famous things are under disputes and REQUIRE EVIDENCES, we should be prepared with our evidences of our own actions and docs pertaining to the immgration, so that was my idea! I can edit the first post if you want! No Problem!

Last edited by dilvahabilyeha; 07-23-2007 at 06:44 PM.

Old 07-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light

are we already preparing to gather evidence against the anticipated sluggish processing by USCIS....?

Old 07-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonty_11
are we already preparing to gather evidence against the anticipated sluggish processing by USCIS....?
Good thought, not sure how we can do this, any thoughts guys!

Old 07-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
bitu72 is a name known to all bitu72 is a name known to all bitu72 is a name known to all bitu72 is a name known to all bitu72 is a name known to all bitu72 is a name known to all

good ideas ...i am thinking of storing all those PDF's in a memory card..hopefully 1 GB would be good enough. Question - How do you encrypt a PDF any ideas guys???

Old 07-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitu72
good ideas ...i am thinking of storing all those PDF's in a memory card..hopefully 1 GB would be good enough. Question - How do you encrypt a PDF any ideas guys???
Zip them all together and put a password ( atleast 12 chars or more) for that zip file. that's what I do. I started to do mine with the help of my dad, he came here recently and was feeling boared, so gave him this small task, he is happy scanning my docs and saving in a folder, later I'll zip them.

Last edited by dilvahabilyeha; 07-23-2007 at 06:48 PM.