Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > Immigrant Visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
femba09 is on a distinguished road
Default URGENT HELP NEEDED - Entering country with AP

Left country on Advance Parole - 15th july 2010 and haven't entered US since than.
New Advance Parole got approved on August 8th 2010
Validity of new Advance Parole - 26th july 2011

I am planning to enter the country on 13th July 2011 ....Will I be able to enter the country or I am out of status?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2011, 03:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Guru's please help

Hi,

My father in law is very seriously ill. There is a low chance for survival.
Our current AP is valid till I believe around the 20th of this month.

What do I have to do if I need to get AP for my wife quickly.

All answers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joy

Old 07-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Read AP laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by femba09 View Post
Left country on Advance Parole - 15th july 2010 and haven't entered US since than.
New Advance Parole got approved on August 8th 2010
Validity of new Advance Parole - 26th july 2011

I am planning to enter the country on 13th July 2011 ....Will I be able to enter the country or I am out of status?
Read the AP Laws ......

One should leave the country and come back on the same Advance Parole.
Advance parole is for travel for short period of time. You can be lucky when entering on different AP if the officer does not find out that you left the country before the AP was approved.
IV conducts lawyer conferences where you can ask a lawyer. May be there might be one next week.

Best of Luck.
GREENED ON 8/03/10
WAIT_FOR_EVER's - WAIT_IS_OVER

Old 07-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joydiptac View Post
Hi,

Thanks,

Joy
You can take an infopass and plead with the IO, They can authorize emergency AP I think, probably in 2 days.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2007
Compare
vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of

Check This - http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ce-parole.html

Old 07-14-2011, 09:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thank you so much for your reply

Thank you so much for responding. I just came to know today, I plan to send over the application to USCIS either online or by courier by tomorrow morning.
...Frankly I have never had to do this on my own as my lawyer used to take care of it.
This time it is different. My oversight my mistake.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Take INFOPASS or Walk-in and get emergency AP...

Try to take Infopass Appt but somtimes the appointments are not available right next day. If you cant take INFOPASS tomorrow take a future day's INFOPASS but just walk-in with that FUTURE and tell them that you can not wait till INFOPASS date , you have a emergency.

In spite of that, if they kick you out then talk to congressman's office and they will talk to INFOPASS folks/local office.

FYI - In emergency AP, they take your picture and FP there itself and will issue a temp document which is valid for 2-4 weeks based on what you tell them. You have to comeback US within that timeframe.

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks,

Joy

Old 07-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
Default Thanks Diptam!

Will follow your advice.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptam View Post
Try to take Infopass Appt but somtimes the appointments are not available right next day. If you cant take INFOPASS tomorrow take a future day's INFOPASS but just walk-in with that FUTURE and tell them that you can not wait till INFOPASS date , you have a emergency.

In spite of that, if they kick you out then talk to congressman's office and they will talk to INFOPASS folks/local office.

FYI - In emergency AP, they take your picture and FP there itself and will issue a temp document which is valid for 2-4 weeks based on what you tell them. You have to comeback US within that timeframe.
Sorry to hear about your situation. Please get some one to fax the medical documents to you, so that you can make your expedite request with your local infopass or mail documents, more facilitating and stronger, with the contact info of hospital and doctors etc included. Check with your legal attorney to talk to uscis. Also if any medical diagnosis or seriousness is mentioned, that could also be added. Saw on the site about humanitarian parole at uscis site which is appended below.
USCIS - Humanitarian Parole

Old 07-14-2011, 10:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Will follow your advice.
Sorry to hear about your situation. Please get some one to fax the medical documents to you, so that you can make your expedite request with your local infopass or mail documents, more facilitating and stronger, with the contact info of hospital and doctors etc included. Check with your legal attorney to talk to uscis. Also if any medical diagnosis or seriousness is mentioned, that could also be added. Saw on the site about humanitarian parole at uscis site which is appended below.

Note : I posted on wrong message reply earlier.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default No , you are right - I missed this

You are 100% correct . Walking in with a solid proof (like fax or email copy these days) much stronger. I assumed he already had something like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreeshankar View Post

Old 07-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptam View Post
You are 100% correct . Walking in with a solid proof (like fax or email copy these days) much stronger. I assumed he already had something like this.
I am quite humbled by your kind note, which Speaks volumes about your excellent etiquette, and self confidence and selfless sincere intention to help others.
God Bless.
Sree