|All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Options in case of Layoff with pending 485
I work for a big IT consulting firm as a consultant in the IBM AS400 platform.
My assignment at the current client site is about to end in a week. The way things have been going in our business unit lately compounded with the bad economy, I am worried about my job and continued employment in this company.
I made my employer aware of my situation and my worry. They verbally assured me of no problem, but I dont want to totally take their word. I hate to be in such a vulnerable position.
So i want to keep alternate options in the worst case.
My visa/GC status-
I am still Working on my H1 (13th year) valid until 05/2013. I did apply for EAD but did not use for employment and it got expired in Sep 2010. I have not renewed EAD to avoid expenses as i was expecting 485 approval in 5-6 months and no job issue.
My case is EB3-India with a PD of 03/12/2002.
With this situation what are my best available options and the risk associated?
Currently EAD is taking 3+ months for approval. Can I go for Interim EAD to get quick approval. What is the procedure for that and how quick can i get one?
Any risk there if i get laid off before I get EAD?
All help and advice is appreciated.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Layoff with 485 pending||Robert Kumar||Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation||9||11-10-2010 10:00 AM|
|Urgent help needed- In case of a layoff which is better H1B or EAD||gonecrazyonh4||Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP||6||04-03-2009 06:53 PM|
|485 pending -Job layoff||bablata2007||All other Green Card Issues||16||03-07-2009 09:38 PM|
|Layoff/New Job and pending 485||jonty_11||All other Green Card Issues||4||01-21-2009 08:44 PM|
|Pending Layoff -||HV000||Non-Immigrant Visas||28||03-06-2008 08:14 PM|