Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing. Changing employers without affecting green card process.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
svr_76 is infamous around these parts svr_76 is infamous around these parts svr_76 is infamous around these parts svr_76 is infamous around these parts svr_76 is infamous around these parts
Default List of questions for Infopass (for case where date current - EB2-I)

hi,
I am going for an InfoPass appointment tomorrow and thought of asking the members is the following questions seem appropriate. I dont expect the officer to answer all/any of them..but just thought of listing them..incase I get lucky and get a helpful officer.

- Is my case with an IO desk?
- Since when is it with an IO desk?
- if and when my background check updated?
- is background check same as IBIS check? If not then is IBIS check complete?
- if and when my FBI name check completed?
- is review awaiting some response from external agency
(Consulate post/FBI/BCP)?
- If under "additional review" What kind of "additional review" is it under?
- Expected time-frame for the additional review to be complete?
- Is it being actively worked on or just assigned to an officer and not updates?
- Is it being transferred to other/local office? Is any interview being planned?

EB3 India (PD Sep 2006).
I-140 approved. I-485 (....yep. Pending peding pending)
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
karanp25 will become famous soon enough karanp25 will become famous soon enough
Default Start off with this question

Start off your infopass with the following question.

I am really desperate....would you help me, pretty please? ........

And then proceed with the other questions you have on your list.

After you are done with all your questions and assuming USCIS hasn't kicked you out of their office, make it clear that you want USCIS to look at your application before others ahead of you in the queue. If they don't, "you will be back" for another infopass.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
svr_76 is infamous around these parts svr_76 is infamous around these parts svr_76 is infamous around these parts svr_76 is infamous around these parts svr_76 is infamous around these parts
Default Thanks for sharing your personal experience...gives a little perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanp25 View Post

After you are done with all your questions and assuming USCIS hasn't kicked you out of their office, make it clear that you want USCIS to look at your application before others ahead of you in the queue. If they don't, "you will be back" for another infopass.
But am looking for relevant information rather than experiences.

EB3 India (PD Sep 2006).

Old 06-17-2010, 12:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
karanp25 will become famous soon enough karanp25 will become famous soon enough

LOL...that's the best reply you could come up with? "You are not looking for experiences but relevant information" - what else could be more relevant than an experience?

BTW, that isn't my experience, but it may very well be yours given that the list of questions you have are rather irritating.

Do you really think your anxiety and you tracking every step (name check, BG check, assignment to officer...blah blah) of you GC will really get you the GC faster? I seriously doubt that.

But after thinking a bit more - i now understand your plan. Your list of questions may impress the infopass immigration officer, and the officer may recommend that you should be hired by USCIS as an IO, given that you are more familiar than him/her with the immigration process. Once you are hired, you plan to approve your own GC? Isn't that true?

I am impressed.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Infopass appointments are tricky

You will need to take multiple appointments to actually get the answers you are looking for. It all depends on how friendly the person is.

I have had at least one appointment where the lady was so kind that she actually told me the date/time my files were touched by the processing officer at the NSC. Infopass officers have a lot of information on their screens.

• Dress decently.
  • It helps to have a friendlier inquisitive tone rather than desperation.

Remember these USCIS employees (infopass) see 100s of people in a week. There is no requirement for the person to provide you more information that they actually want to share.

• Some days are busy for them with lots of appointments.
  • Some days there are just few people - when you have better chances of getting friendlier information.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Honestly

Quote:

If you have no intention of answering the questions, then no one is forcing you to do.

Making a mockery of a person's anxiety does not really show well on your personality.

It is his right to take info pass appointments to know more about his case. If it helps him sleep at nights, then that is a good remedy.

Ideally, the fix for this is legislative action that is being driven by IV leadership.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/18/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/03/2012
Compare
looneytunezez has a reputation beyond repute looneytunezez has a reputation beyond repute looneytunezez has a reputation beyond repute looneytunezez has a reputation beyond repute looneytunezez has a reputation beyond repute looneytunezez has a reputation beyond repute looneytunezez has a reputation beyond repute looneytunezez has a reputation beyond repute looneytunezez has a reputation beyond repute looneytunezez has a reputation beyond repute looneytunezez has a reputation beyond repute
Default nice........

Quote:
But after thinking a bit more - i now understand your plan. Your list of questions may impress the infopass immigration officer, and the officer may recommend that you should be hired by USCIS as an IO, given that you are more familiar than him/her with the immigration process. Once you are hired, you plan to approve your own GC?
Great plan....i think i might recommend this to someone!

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

[Anything said is not LEGAL advise, consult an attorney!]

Donated $200+$500 - Advocacy Day - Apr & Sep 2011
Donated $100 - HR 3012 action item - Nov 2011

Recurring Monthly $ contributor since July 2009.
($2500+ and counting)...

PD : May 2008 EB2 India
I-140 Status : APPROVED - Apr 2009

Old 06-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
ak27 is a jewel in the rough ak27 is a jewel in the rough ak27 is a jewel in the rough ak27 is a jewel in the rough

I have been to Infopass at least four times in last two years. It depends on service rep on the window. Some of them are very cooperative and will try to answer most of your questions but others may not answer anything. I has an appointment yesterday to figure out about Background check which has been pending for last six months. Service rep on window only told me that it is still pending, she won't say when was it ordered which part of it is pending.. I tried to impress upon her but, she got up and walk away. It was such a waste of my time...

It is pure luck.. Couple of times, I got a rep who had helped me with AP stuff...

Old 06-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare

I had mine today. The Officer answered the following questions-
1. Assigned to Officer - Yes
2. Status of various checks- She said she could see 2 checks and both are complete FBI and NameCheck. She did nt say anything about IBIS (She said - "I just see 2 checks and both are done and good, sir. There might be other checks but its not showing up on my screen)
3. No transfered/interview scheduled.
4. Opened up a SR for me for followup.

EB3 India (PD Sep 2006).

Old 06-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/08/2007
Chargeability
:
Bulgaria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak27 View Post
I have been to Infopass at least four times in last two years. It depends on service rep on the window. Some of them are very cooperative and will try to answer most of your questions but others may not answer anything. I has an appointment yesterday to figure out about Background check which has been pending for last six months. Service rep on window only told me that it is still pending, she won't say when was it ordered which part of it is pending.. I tried to impress upon her but, she got up and walk away. It was such a waste of my time...

It is pure luck.. Couple of times, I got a rep who had helped me with AP stuff...
Same thing here. I've been to infopass a million times already. Some of them will tell you straight up that it's on someone's desk and to wait and come back in 1-2 months. Others will feel sorry for you and make some copies of your stuff and fill up some paperwork to "put it on the officer's desk"-you know, just to give you some hope. I've even gone with a lawyer's letter. Nada. Basically, you're at the system's mercy and the infopass people are just customer service reps that are there to answer your most basic questions. Get beyond basic and you're out of shit luck.