Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

Old 10-01-2009, 01:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Rama1978 is on a distinguished road
Default Urgent!.I-94 Expired: RFE on H1B Extension: state corp records "Not in Good Standing"

I am in a very difficult situation Please help me by giving advice or experiences.I got an RFE on my application to extend my H1-B visa for second term of 3 yr's. The RFE is in the same format as the need for Client evidence and so on.

But the shockers are these paragraphs on the second page of the RFE. Did anyone recieved the same content. Please give me advice accordingly as what to do now?.

My state taxes were in fact paid to NY, but only the pay stub address in in Texas, will this create a major problem. I am in a very big dilemma as what would my next step be.

Last edited by Rama1978; 10-01-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future

If it was just location RFE then I guess it could have been explained since there are so many consultants from IBM E&Y Deloitte that fly coast to coast every week. If you were doing the same you could submit lease papers of apartment in texas and couple of flight tickets as evidence of commuting to work. I am not sure if you are doing that.

For second part of RFE it looks like ur company is not in good standing with CIS. They have had issues in past. I would recommend you should just apply for transfer from this company since it is not in good standing with CIS
Called CHC and other law makers
Contacted Local Congressman for support to Immigration bills.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstart View Post
If it was just location RFE then I guess it could have been explained since there are so many consultants from IBM E&Y Deloitte that fly coast to coast every week. If you were doing the same you could submit lease papers of apartment in texas and couple of flight tickets as evidence of commuting to work. I am not sure if you are doing that.

For second part of RFE it looks like ur company is not in good standing with CIS. They have had issues in past. I would recommend you should just apply for transfer from this company since it is not in good standing with CIS
If its a desi company better apply for a Transfer as this is the same fraud companies are doing with a fake addresses in Tax free states .........which USICS finally going behind them ....Looking at the RFE its more to do with the company practices in Hiring ...

Old 10-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
sdrblr has a brilliant future sdrblr has a brilliant future sdrblr has a brilliant future sdrblr has a brilliant future sdrblr has a brilliant future sdrblr has a brilliant future sdrblr has a brilliant future sdrblr has a brilliant future sdrblr has a brilliant future sdrblr has a brilliant future sdrblr has a brilliant future

Even if you navigate from this issue, you might or will have to face the same questions when you go for visa stamping. Start thinking about plan B and C

Old 10-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Rama1978 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply's,

The taxes were axctually paid to NY,address is given a texas one, I dont have lease agreement in Texas, Is it important that I have a lease agreement or airplane tickets as commute..proof..

What is the best possible option without lease and airtickets to reply this part of the query.

Will a letter sufficient saying that, Address was a mistake on the paystub..

Old 06-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
simsd is on a distinguished road

Can you please update us as to what happened with this situation?

Old 06-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/1999
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/11/1999
Compare
zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of
Default Don't worry

Relax!
It's the Texas Corporate records that are not in good standing..
What it probably means is, when company relocated, either it didn't pay the outstanding state taxes or UI premiums OR maybe they just didn't inform TX state agency of the move, and state would automatically flag the corp as not in good standing if quarterlies aren't paid on time some times..

So this is overzealous immigration officer run amok with google!

You should be alright so long as your firm is a legit business and addresses the concern with info..

Even companies in bankcrupties are allowed H1B filings so not having paid some state taxes is definitely not going to hold up your H1b

Old 07-07-2010, 10:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DiligentKarma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama1978 View Post
Thanks for the reply's,

The taxes were axctually paid to NY,address is given a texas one, I dont have lease agreement in Texas, Is it important that I have a lease agreement or airplane tickets as commute..proof..

What is the best possible option without lease and airtickets to reply this part of the query.

Will a letter sufficient saying that, Address was a mistake on the paystub..
Hi Rama, what happened to your case?