Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

View Poll Results: How many members did you call
I called all the offices below 75 30.74%
I called more than half of the offices 41 16.80%
I called less than half of the offices 61 25.00%
I did not call any 67 27.46%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Campaign to call specific Congressional Hispanic Caucus Members

Folks,

Please call the below selected members from CHC. There are reasons why we should NOT be calling every one in the CHC. The members we have to target from CHC and their corresponding numbers are listed below.

I removed congressman Henry Cuellar from the list as he is now the co sponsor of all three bills

I removed congresswoman Lucille Roybal-Allard from the list as she is now the co sponsor of all three bills

Tell them that you would like to talk to some one who handles immigration/legal matters, If forwarded to voice mail, leave a VM. If the VM is full, you can get back to the main line by pressing 0 and then leave a message with them.

The message you have to deliver when calling these offices is

I would like Representative "Representative Name" to co sponsor bills HR 5882, HR 5921 & HR 6039 sponsored by Zoe Lofgren. All three bills have wide bipartisan support in the house and will help reduce the back logs associated with USCIS. These bills are a great first step towards immigration reform.

DO NOT GET INTO THE LEGAL/ILLEGAL DISCUSSION WITH STAFF MEMBERS

Only if the staff member bring up the issue of CIR, in that case say that -

In the past we have been supporting Comprehensive approach and still continue to support comprehensive approach and we look for our our main issues to be addressed whenever comprehensive bill is passed. However, this is is just an interim fix to begin or start the immigration reform process.

Senator Robert Menendez
202 224 4744

Ruben Hinojosa
phone: 202-225-2531

Charles Gonzalez
Phone: (202)225-3236

Hilda Solis
202 225 5464

Ciro Rodriguez
202 225 4511

Raul grijalva
ph (202) 225-2435

Dennis Cardoza
(202) 225-6131

Jim Costa
(202)225-3341

Last edited by nixstor; 05-23-2008 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Updates
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Also, is it possible to add automated Web Fax?

It would be great if IV moderators can setup an automated WebFax to all these Congressmen (in CHC) that all members of IV can utilize. I am waiting for a feature like that.

We should use a standard template with a standard message which will get appended with the contact information of the IV member who sends that.

Also, pass whatever cost for this feature to the IV member who is sending the fax. You can count two adults from my family who are ready to pay for such an effort.

Only if we setup something like that, we could achieve responses in massive numbers. We need to make sure that the effort from an individual IV member remains minimal even if it costs 20-40 dollars. That way, we can increase the number of fax submissions.

Waiting to see such a facility. Please let me know, how I can help with this effort.

------------------------------------------
One time Contribution: 100
Recurring Contribution: 50

Old 05-15-2008, 01:59 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Urgent Action Item

We have been advised not to send webfaxes at this time. Things are moving very fast and we are doing this real time as things process with the bills. So at this time phone calls would be the best medium to make our voices heard.

This action item is extremely important.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future
Question i called the first number

the person who took the phone asked where are you calling from? I think they care for calls only from the rep's distrcit? Also would verbal messages to any staff be sufficent? no fax?

Old 05-15-2008, 02:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Contacted the Representatives Offices

I already Contacted First 6 Numbers in the List. Response from their Staff was positive. All of them noted the Bill Numbers and assured to Convey the message to the Representative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixstor View Post
Folks,

Please call the below selected members from CHC. There are reasons why we should NOT be calling every one in the CHC. The members we have to target from CHC and their corresponding numbers are listed below.

Tell them that you would like to talk to some one who handles immigration/legal matters, If forwarded to voice mail, leave a VM. If the VM is full, you can get back to the main line by pressing 0 and then leave a message with them.

I would like Representative "Representative Name" to co sponsor bills HR 5882 and HR 5921, sponsored by Zoe Lofgren. Both of these bills have wide bipartisan support in the house and will help reduce the back logs associated with USCIS. These bills are a great first step towards immigration reform.

In the past we have been supporting Comprehensive approach and still continue to support comprehensive approach and we look for our our main issues to be addressed whenever comprehensive bill is passed. However, this is is just an interim fix to begin or start the immigration reform process.

Raul grijalva
ph (202) 225-2435

Charles Gonzalez

Dennis Cardoza
(202)225-3341

Jim Costa
(202) 225-6131

Henry Cuellar
phone: 202-225-1640

Ruben Hinojosa

Ciro Rodriguez
202 225 4511

Lucille Roybal-Allard
202 225 1766

Hilda Solis
202 225 5464

Senator Robert Menendez
202 224 4744

Old 05-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

Please call all of them. They asked me whether I was from district or particular organization, and I said I am not from the district but I am a member of Immigration Voice and they have taken down my message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legal View Post
the person who took the phone asked where are you calling from? I think they care for calls only from the rep's distrcit? Also would verbal messages to any staff be sufficent? no fax?

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 05-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute

Called most of them and most of them asked for my details.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
naidu2543 is on a distinguished road
Default Called 2 offices

I called Hilda Sollis and Senator Robert Menendez office. Left a voice mail for Robert Menendez secretary. Hilda Solis office asked me which organisation I am with. I told her that I am with IV and requested to pass the message to Hilda Solis for cosponsoring of the 2 bills. Will call few more tomorrow.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Go IV

Called all of the them. Its looks like they are getting many calls from IV'ians. Good to know that.

Also called my local congressman to seek the support

Go IV

Last edited by newuser; 05-15-2008 at 04:38 PM.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
imm_pro has much to be proud of imm_pro has much to be proud of imm_pro has much to be proud of imm_pro has much to be proud of imm_pro has much to be proud of imm_pro has much to be proud of imm_pro has much to be proud of imm_pro has much to be proud of imm_pro has much to be proud of imm_pro has much to be proud of

Called all of them..left few Voice messages also..one of them encouraged me to call my local district rep. first, which i already did..i also gave my contact deatils to couple of them..hope it is ok...they said they will send me a letter..dont know for what ?

Old 05-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2011
Compare
gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Called all of them

I called most of them. For some went into VM. Some took my information. They are friendly. GO IV GO..

Every one please ask your friends to help in this compaign..

Old 05-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute
Default Called 5 Representatives and 1 Senator

Called 5 Representatives and Senator Menendez. Will call the rest today evening.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Called all the Offices

As soon as, I got the chance, I was able to call the rest of Congress offices.
Now Let us hope that, our phone calls help us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp! View Post
Please call all of them. They asked me whether I was from district or particular organization, and I said I am not from the district but I am a member of Immigration Voice and they have taken down my message.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev View Post
Called 5 Representatives and Senator Menendez. Will call the rest today evening.
Thanks for making these important calls.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixstor View Post
Folks,

I would like Representative "Representative Name" to co sponsor bills HR 5882 and HR 5921, sponsored by Zoe Lofgren. Both of these bills have wide bipartisan support in the house and will help reduce the back logs associated with USCIS. These bills are a great first step towards immigration reform.

Raul grijalva
ph (202) 225-2435

Charles Gonzalez

Dennis Cardoza
(202) 225-6131

Jim Costa
(202)225-3341

Henry Cuellar

Ruben Hinojosa
phone: 202-225-2531

Ciro Rodriguez
202 225 4511

Lucille Roybal-Allard
202 225 1766

Hilda Solis
202 225 5464

Senator Robert Menendez
202 224 4744
Pls post this information on other websites and forums as well so that people can start calling
We do not enough people calling as per the poll above