Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-17-2010, 12:05 AM
gc_wannabe gc_wannabe is offline
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 15
gc_wannabe is infamous around these parts gc_wannabe is infamous around these parts gc_wannabe is infamous around these parts gc_wannabe is infamous around these parts gc_wannabe is infamous around these parts
Default Any issues with pre-approved labor?

Hi- When I started off with the green card process, I had not idea about what most of the things meant. I joined a very reputable Fortune 500 company in 2006 (the same year I came to the US on a H1B), and started my GC process in 2007. The company offered me an pre-approved labor with a 2006 PD, which had a matching requirement w.r.t job description and salary.
During July 2007, i filed for my I-140 and I-485. Subsequently, my I-140 got approved without any issues. Now, given that my priority date is close to being current (2/14/2006), I'm afraid if using a pre-approved labor will have any role to play with my I-485 approval.

And no, I'm not working for a consultant. And I have been with the same employer since 2006.

Please don't start off with the jumping the queue argument. When I used the labor substitution, it was perfectly legal, and didn't even know what a priority date is :-)


Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #2  
Old 06-17-2010, 12:30 AM
immigrant2007 immigrant2007 is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 287
immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_wannabe View Post
Hi- When I started off with the green card process, I had not idea about what most of the things meant. I joined a very reputable Fortune 500 company in 2006 (the same year I came to the US on a H1B), and started my GC process in 2007. The company offered me an pre-approved labor with a 2006 PD, which had a matching requirement w.r.t job description and salary.
During July 2007, i filed for my I-140 and I-485. Subsequently, my I-140 got approved without any issues. Now, given that my priority date is close to being current (2/14/2006), I'm afraid if using a pre-approved labor will have any role to play with my I-485 approval.

And no, I'm not working for a consultant. And I have been with the same employer since 2006.

Please don't start off with the jumping the queue argument. When I used the labor substitution, it was perfectly legal, and didn't even know what a priority date is :-)


Thanks.
you will be fine dear friend. you will be able to use your 2005 PD.
how;s miami?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 06-17-2010, 12:55 AM
anilsal anilsal is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,300
Blog Entries: 3
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute
Default IV core group has repeatedly reminded us

that dates being current is not an indication of you getting your GC. The dates have to be current for a long time for you to see the approval.

It is very unfortunate that your lives can be tied to this dates circus.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 06-17-2010, 04:30 AM
gc_wannabe gc_wannabe is offline
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 15
gc_wannabe is infamous around these parts gc_wannabe is infamous around these parts gc_wannabe is infamous around these parts gc_wannabe is infamous around these parts gc_wannabe is infamous around these parts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilsal View Post
that dates being current is not an indication of you getting your GC. The dates have to be current for a long time for you to see the approval.

It is very unfortunate that your lives can be tied to this dates circus.
Well, I understand that. But, when the stars line up finally, I don't want to see my application having problems because I used a pre-approved labor.

it would be encouraging to hear from folks who got their GC and used pre-approved labor. Years and years of wait should yield something, and just not plain disappointment.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #5  
Old 06-17-2010, 06:51 AM
eb3retro eb3retro is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 837
eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute
Default i hate to kill the buzz.

Years and years of waiting? no kidding. Look at my priority date. And there are people waiting before me. You used a pre-approved labor and have been waiting in the GC queue from what 2006? Dude, in today's world, a reasonable wait for eb3-is anywhere between 10-15 years and eb2 is atleast 5-6 years. I am not mad that you used a pre-approved labor, though in my personal opinion, its a taboo. I am just saying you are lucky enough that you may get your green card much quickly than people like us who have been waiting atleast 8-10 years and trust me, people like your case, usually should be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_wannabe View Post
Well, I understand that. But, when the stars line up finally, I don't want to see my application having problems because I used a pre-approved labor.

it would be encouraging to hear from folks who got their GC and used pre-approved labor. Years and years of wait should yield something, and just not plain disappointment.
__________________
EB3 - India
PD 1/03
I140 approved - march, 2006.
485 status - Rotting in NSC with a single RFE
Lost H1, working on EAD. Invoked AC21 twice.
Attended DC Rally and contributed to IV many times.
Renewed EAD 3 times and AP 4 times
Total cost from the H1 days (new h1, extension, ead, ap, 140, 485 etc - $22000)
Total cost if I had bought a labor certification those days and having a GC by now - $15000
Not knowing if GC is this worth - Priceless.
R2I'd in Feb 2011.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 06-17-2010, 09:27 AM
boldm28 boldm28 is offline
Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-00
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 62
boldm28 has much to be proud of boldm28 has much to be proud of boldm28 has much to be proud of boldm28 has much to be proud of boldm28 has much to be proud of boldm28 has much to be proud of boldm28 has much to be proud of boldm28 has much to be proud of
Default you got that rite bud

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3retro View Post
Years and years of waiting? no kidding. Look at my priority date. And there are people waiting before me. You used a pre-approved labor and have been waiting in the GC queue from what 2006? Dude, in today's world, a reasonable wait for eb3-is anywhere between 10-15 years and eb2 is atleast 5-6 years. I am not mad that you used a pre-approved labor, though in my personal opinion, its a taboo. I am just saying you are lucky enough that you may get your green card much quickly than people like us who have been waiting atleast 8-10 years and trust me, people like your case, usually should be happy.
you got that rite buddy
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 06-17-2010, 09:40 AM
gc_wannabe gc_wannabe is offline
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 15
gc_wannabe is infamous around these parts gc_wannabe is infamous around these parts gc_wannabe is infamous around these parts gc_wannabe is infamous around these parts gc_wannabe is infamous around these parts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3retro View Post
Years and years of waiting? no kidding. Look at my priority date. And there are people waiting before me. You used a pre-approved labor and have been waiting in the GC queue from what 2006? Dude, in today's world, a reasonable wait for eb3-is anywhere between 10-15 years and eb2 is atleast 5-6 years. I am not mad that you used a pre-approved labor, though in my personal opinion, its a taboo. I am just saying you are lucky enough that you may get your green card much quickly than people like us who have been waiting atleast 8-10 years and trust me, people like your case, usually should be happy.
I can empathize. I might me more luckier than you, and there are people *luckier* than me. (You know what I mean..) But, if for some reason I don't get my GC, and you get your GC in a few years, me being lucky to start with is of no use. Nothing is sure till GC is on-hand for anyone.

So, I would appreciate if someone could let me know if there are any disadvantages process-wise when it comes to I-485 adjudication on a pre-approved labor.

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
  #8  
Old 06-17-2010, 02:54 PM
ArkBird ArkBird is offline
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/24/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 300
ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute
Default

TOTALLY unknown...

No one knows what they look at and won't look at while deciding on your I485. If you one of the "chosen" one, you may get called for personal interview and I have heard lots of horror stories about the stuff they asked at the interview. At the same most of the people get the GC without hitch.

So, the morale of the story is stop worrying. There is nothing you can do/prepare to effect decision on your I-485. Since you have played by book and assuming you don't have any law related issues, you should be fine.

Cheers

ArkBird


Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_wannabe View Post
I can empathize. I might me more luckier than you, and there are people *luckier* than me. (You know what I mean..) But, if for some reason I don't get my GC, and you get your GC in a few years, me being lucky to start with is of no use. Nothing is sure till GC is on-hand for anyone.

So, I would appreciate if someone could let me know if there are any disadvantages process-wise when it comes to I-485 adjudication on a pre-approved labor.

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 06-17-2010, 04:19 PM
umndude umndude is offline
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 18
umndude is infamous around these parts umndude is infamous around these parts umndude is infamous around these parts umndude is infamous around these parts umndude is infamous around these parts umndude is infamous around these parts umndude is infamous around these parts umndude is infamous around these parts umndude is infamous around these parts umndude is infamous around these parts umndude is infamous around these parts
Default

Let's say there is a problem. What can you do to fix it? You want to start GC fresh?
Relax... I have seen many people who bought PDs from consultants paying 10k and got GCs too. Don't worry. If you post these kind of threads, it make people waiting for years more frustrating. Be happy for your luck. Go chill. Don't keep saying you are afraid and all.




Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_wannabe View Post
I can empathize. I might me more luckier than you, and there are people *luckier* than me. (You know what I mean..) But, if for some reason I don't get my GC, and you get your GC in a few years, me being lucky to start with is of no use. Nothing is sure till GC is on-hand for anyone.

So, I would appreciate if someone could let me know if there are any disadvantages process-wise when it comes to I-485 adjudication on a pre-approved labor.

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #10  
Old 06-17-2010, 05:33 PM
eb3retro eb3retro is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 837
eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute
Default u r right..

u r right, green for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by umndude View Post
Let's say there is a problem. What can you do to fix it? You want to start GC fresh?
Relax... I have seen many people who bought PDs from consultants paying 10k and got GCs too. Don't worry. If you post these kind of threads, it make people waiting for years more frustrating. Be happy for your luck. Go chill. Don't keep saying you are afraid and all.
__________________
EB3 - India
PD 1/03
I140 approved - march, 2006.
485 status - Rotting in NSC with a single RFE
Lost H1, working on EAD. Invoked AC21 twice.
Attended DC Rally and contributed to IV many times.
Renewed EAD 3 times and AP 4 times
Total cost from the H1 days (new h1, extension, ead, ap, 140, 485 etc - $22000)
Total cost if I had bought a labor certification those days and having a GC by now - $15000
Not knowing if GC is this worth - Priceless.
R2I'd in Feb 2011.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 06-17-2010, 06:27 PM
anu_t anu_t is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 117
anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute
Default

There are some people who would be Happy , worry free even if their Dates are not current. Even they are patiently waiting for their turn since 2003.
And then I see this kind of questions. Makes me just frustrated.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old 06-17-2010, 10:12 PM
gc_wannabe gc_wannabe is offline
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 15
gc_wannabe is infamous around these parts gc_wannabe is infamous around these parts gc_wannabe is infamous around these parts gc_wannabe is infamous around these parts gc_wannabe is infamous around these parts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkBird View Post
TOTALLY unknown...

No one knows what they look at and won't look at while deciding on your I485. If you one of the "chosen" one, you may get called for personal interview and I have heard lots of horror stories about the stuff they asked at the interview. At the same most of the people get the GC without hitch.

So, the morale of the story is stop worrying. There is nothing you can do/prepare to effect decision on your I-485. Since you have played by book and assuming you don't have any law related issues, you should be fine.

Cheers

ArkBird
Thank you.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #13  
Old 06-18-2010, 11:00 AM
ravi98 ravi98 is offline
Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 70
ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_wannabe View Post
Well, I understand that. But, when the stars line up finally, I don't want to see my application having problems because I used a pre-approved labor.

it would be encouraging to hear from folks who got their GC and used pre-approved labor. Years and years of wait should yield something, and just not plain disappointment.
Not sure if there is anything you can do about it currently. Your lawyer may be your best bet to know obstacles may come your way - if they do.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #14  
Old 07-06-2010, 01:17 PM
lenbin lenbin is offline
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2005
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 14
lenbin has a spectacular aura about lenbin has a spectacular aura about
Default

@ gc wanna be
it works perfectly especially if ur company is on good standings as u mentioned in ur post.
PM me if u want info on similar cases, thats if u ddnt get CPO mail yet.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Use approved Labor to re-file I-140 EB2 (EB3 I-140 approved)? aarzoo All other Green Card Issues 13 08-26-2010 02:08 PM
Pre-approved labor - Any issues? gc_wannabe Immigrant Visa 0 06-17-2010 12:02 AM
L1 to H1 and Labor not approved getpkonline Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation 0 11-16-2008 07:47 PM
Labor approved njdude26 Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 6 09-13-2006 02:45 PM
Labor RIR Approved but... njdude26 Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 0 09-12-2006 10:59 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 (Unregistered)
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org