Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 01-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADude View Post
Grow-Up guys and gals!!! There is no point I am right and you are wrong fight. Make this effort successful. Take a chill pill. Relax & enjoy the life.
Who are u referring to

Old 01-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of
Default Unused visas

In the letter which has the below point I would like to add how many Visas were wasted each year, does anyone know?

--------
Recapture administratively the unused visas for permanent residency to fulfill the congressional mandate of 140,000 green cards per year
--------
Attended the Advocacy days in DC - 2011
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Regd. the admin fixes

Hi,

I whole heartedly support this campaign and will be doing my bit too. just a few thoughts:

1. In the draft letter to president, the line "Reinstate premium processing of
Immigrant Petitions." is a bit ambigous and dosent specify which petition.
Shouldnt it read "Reinstate premium processing of I-140 Immigrant Petitions."
2. Also shouldnt the goals be in the order of ease of acheivability. Many of the
more difficult (though more powerful) goals are at the top wheras items like
reinstating I-140 premium proessing are at the bottom.

What do you folks think..?

Old 01-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrish View Post

1. In the draft letter to president, the line "Reinstate premium processing of
Immigrant Petitions." is a bit ambigous and dosent specify which petition.
Shouldnt it read "Reinstate premium processing of I-140 Immigrant Petitions."
People to whom this petition is going know that the Immigrant Petition implies I-140 petition. We do not want our letter to read like an alphabet soup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrish View Post
2. Also shouldnt the goals be in the order of ease of acheivability. Many of the
more difficult (though more powerful) goals are at the top wheras items like
reinstating I-140 premium proessing are at the bottom.

What do you folks think..?
You really cannot determine the achievable factor of a goal on a scale of 1 to 100 so that ordering is moot. In fact, there is some merit in keeping our most ambitious goals upfront - with enough support from the community we might just achieve them.

"The only person who can truly persuade you is yourself. You must turn the issues over in your mind at leisure, consider the many arguments, let them simmer, and after a long time turn your preferences into convictions." - Milton Friedman

Old 01-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by english_august View Post
You really cannot determine the achievable factor of a goal on a scale of 1 to 100 so that ordering is moot. In fact, there is some merit in keeping our most ambitious goals upfront - with enough support from the community we might just achieve them.
Point noted.
NorCal'ers as well as others, please act NOW... we can do it, IV can help!
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign
PD: Aug 2006. I-485: July, August 2007 @ TSC. I-485 approved on June 15, 2011

Old 01-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1bmajdoor is infamous around these parts h1bmajdoor is infamous around these parts h1bmajdoor is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhathi View Post
That is naive... AC21 is not an administrative decision of USCIS... It is a law... AC21 = American Competitiveness in the 21st Century act!! It was passed by congress and the only body that can revoke it is congress.

USCIS cannot revoke AC21.. only congress can. Please dont be paranoid. The most USCIS can do is refuse to change their current stance on same/similar job.

Gurus, correct me if I am wrong.
i am not a guru... but CIS can easily make things more difficult for you than congress intended.

namechecks are not authorized by congress (for GC anyway), by CIS uses them to screw people anyway.

"same or similar" in AC21 is a good enough clause. Do not needle them to come up with a rigid rule, because whatever they come up with will be worse than what you have now.

At least now they have some leeway to help you, and you have _some_ chance to move in career.

jeez...

you can't handle the truth.
you can't even handle the lies.
=====================

Old 01-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jitamitra is a jewel in the rough Jitamitra is a jewel in the rough Jitamitra is a jewel in the rough Jitamitra is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitamitra View Post
Just a thought. I think something is holding back folks to write up these letters directly to president. Do you guys think it's a good idea just to have these letters mailed to IV and then pass it along to white house administration when IV meets them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
Those who are against IV and have never supported or never wanted to do anything just make it a point that they will NEVER do it. The reason they give will be a "Silence" or a "change in topic of discussion".

Pessimists will say "Nothing will happen" or "So did you get your GC? after the rally?"

Some say "Who cares for GC when you have choice to go home"
Chanduv23:

I understand your enthusiasm of spreading +ve ness , but you need to also look at the practical implications on the situation. You are too criticizing and self-centric in what you beleive is the right thing to do.

Things do not work the way you expect at times and backfire. All I am saying is to give it a second thought if you are not getting a huge turn out of people. If you believe you are the smartest ass in the forums, tell me how many people you beleive would come forward and write a letter to the president. It's nothing to do with whether you did it, but are taking off the apprehensions and motivate other people to do it.

I agree with comments from walking_dude as it's inspiring and has a point. Get out of the shell and look at the world from a different perspective.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1bmajdoor is infamous around these parts h1bmajdoor is infamous around these parts h1bmajdoor is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking_dude View Post
Please don't give much credence to 'conspiracy theory' posts by paranoid folks like H1bmajdoor who live in fear of their own shadows. Neither do they understand the difference between a law AC21 and regulations ( USCIS frames these) nor do they care to learn. Their ignorance causes them fear, and fear causes them to act irrationally.

It's best to ignore such losers who beam negative-energy. Their penchant for inaction is a self-fulfilling prophecy that dooms their life. Nothing will happen to them in life, as they don't do anything to make things happen! . Don't join their league.
thank you.

you can't handle the truth.
you can't even handle the lies.
=====================

Old 01-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
shukla77 is infamous around these parts shukla77 is infamous around these parts shukla77 is infamous around these parts shukla77 is infamous around these parts shukla77 is infamous around these parts shukla77 is infamous around these parts
Default Wow

Wow.. I am super motivated now..I am gonna try the same with the people who work for me and see how it works.... just kidding... I will send letters on saturday...

Good Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
IV has not done anything that could have a negative impact on your green card processing. IV is striving hard to change your lives.

Shame on those who are scared or pessimistic. All you people do is to gaze at the sky and wait for the stars to fall.

If you are so scared - how will u raise your children? What will u teach them? Cowardice? Will U teach them to run away from issues? Will u teach them how to not cooperate?

Old 01-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitamitra View Post
Chanduv23:

I understand your enthusiasm of spreading +ve ness , but you need to also look at the practical implications on the situation. You are too criticizing and self-centric in what you beleive is the right thing to do.

Things do not work the way you expect at times and backfire. All I am saying is to give it a second thought if you are not getting a huge turn out of people. If you believe you are the smartest ass in the forums, tell me how many people you beleive would come forward and write a letter to the president. It's nothing to do with whether you did it, but are taking off the apprehensions and motivate other people to do it.

I agree with comments from walking_dude as it's inspiring and has a point. Get out of the shell and look at the world from a different perspective.
I am pretty straight forward in my approach and do not know how to "sugarcoat". This is not my own organization, I am not the founder of this organization, I am just a member like you. While it is individual's choice of doing what they want to do, what I have noticed is that the negative energy does have cascading effect, especially when things do not happen, those who spread negative energy seem to influence people. Once again, this is individuals own perspective. The fact that things do not happen easily we have to blow trumphets into the ears of people. Like a member said sometime back "Eagles which never flew - would not dare to fly until they are pushed, and when they are pushed forcefully and dropped into the air - they automatically start flying".

I have done what I can in the best of my capacity and continue to do so, I have considered IV as a self help group and also conducted meetings in the tri state area and continue to motivate people to make them feel a sense for the community.

If you look at IV as YOUR organization - you can see why it is important to feel a sense for the community.

The biggest issue our community faces today is the flow of negative energy. To quote examples, I was able to convince some friends for the rally in DC. Everything was going well, now when these people discussed with their collegues they were reluctant and did not show interest. The negative energy prompted my friends not to attend the rally because they felt that not many people are going for it and they tried to convince me out of IV. Such negative energy flows everywhere in the community and we have to overcome it. We can do it only by example.

Look at all those other immigration forums where people are talking bad about IV including their administrators and their owners - people who follow those websites will hate IV and hinder all our efforts. Such negative energy when it is flowing at a greater level - will cause more and more damage to our community.

It is simple - if you attack me for what I do - you are spreading negative energy - you are making a common man take a back seat and not encourage them to cooperate

If I point at h1bmajdoor's posts - I am doing it just to make sure that the positive energy flows and negativity does not influence the community.

it is a tough battle especially when you have thousands of daggers pointing at you ready to poke you.
Well, you say I am a smartass - so be it.

And if you do not support the community - stay away - why poke at someone who is doing something?

Old 01-10-2008, 11:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
av2004 is a jewel in the rough av2004 is a jewel in the rough av2004 is a jewel in the rough
Cool Multi-year singe EAD-AP card??

Check out this Posting by the "OH Law firm" dated 01/07/2007. Is this a good sign?

http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

If not, I will go ahead and send my letter as well...

Last edited by av2004; 01-11-2008 at 12:07 AM.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/21/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Compare
satish_hello has a spectacular aura about satish_hello has a spectacular aura about satish_hello has a spectacular aura about
Default Hi All

We have to pond this letter to every oneLike who is in Primary.

Thisis debatable issue, since it is about legal Immigrant.If we 500 thousand of us can do it , we have to pound the fax, then only it can be heard.

Nancy Pelosi
Senate Majority Leader - Reid
John Kerry
John McCain
Barag Obama
Senator Clinton.
Hucabee
Sen. Edward

To All the important Senators.

Change we believe in , we can make change (steeled from Obama - kidding).

Please let us know how do we get those all the fax number.

Regards
satish

Old 01-11-2008, 01:17 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone keeping track of the number of letters sent?

anyone?

Old 01-11-2008, 01:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's time to create a tracker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by santb1975 View Post
anyone?
Can it be done on this thread, or (probably better) do we need a new thread?
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign
PD: Aug 2006. I-485: July, August 2007 @ TSC. I-485 approved on June 15, 2011

Old 01-11-2008, 07:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold

This thread need to be on top.