Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

View Poll Results: Will you ride the bus to DC?
I will- from MN 5 9.62%
I will- from WI 2 3.85%
I will- from IL 5 9.62%
I will - from OH 5 9.62%
I will - from PA 11 21.15%
I already bought air tickets! 14 26.92%
I will - from IN 3 5.77%
i'm on me own wheels along the 66... 2 3.85%
i'm in MO/central or south IL- need carpool or something to chicago 4 7.69%
I will provide rides to the bus pick up points (Yipee!) 1 1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 01:41 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Catch a Ride on the BUS to DC (MN, WI,IL,OH,PA etc)

Dear iv members,

Here's the news of the day. An IV bus can take you to DC for the rally in the most wonderful company of your peers and their families. Build a sense of community on the way. Stop worrying about airfares and airport transit. Think of the songs you may sing on the journey and the sense of fiery enthusiasm that will grip you amongst so many motivated volunteers. get your jokes and comedy routines ready or just load up that ipod. We have firm plans for at least one bus. Not to worry though, you folks step forward in numbers and buses shall be no limitation!!

The current plan is for the bus to start in Minneapolis St Paul and travel to DC picking up volunteers in WI (Madison), IL (Chicago) and Ohio. If there are enough respondents from OH and interest from PA, another bus will run that section of the route.

For the NEW ENGLAND bus see the other Bus thread!

Please indicate your interest in the poll and post here with any additional info- where you are and how many people, will the ride help get some friends along too?

See you all in DC 9/18

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Last edited by paskal; 08-21-2007 at 01:45 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 08-21-2007, 12:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
7/23/2007
Compare
gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future
Default This is great news!

Hi Paskal,

This is great news! I intend to take the bus from MN along with my wife and a 10 month old son.

Any thoughts on when the bus would leave? I would prefer to go the weekend before the rally and help with the pre-rally work.

Checking with my friends if having a bus would motivate them to come along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paskal View Post
Dear iv members,

Here's the news of the day. An IV bus can take you to DC for the rally in the most wonderful company of your peers and their families. Build a sense of community on the way. Stop worrying about airfares and airport transit. Think of the songs you may sing on the journey and the sense of fiery enthusiasm that will grip you amongst so many motivated volunteers. get your jokes and comedy routines ready or just load up that ipod. We have firm plans for at least one bus. Not to worry though, you folks step forward in numbers and buses shall be no limitation!!

The current plan is for the bus to start in Minneapolis St Paul and travel to DC picking up volunteers in WI (Madison), IL (Chicago) and Ohio. If there are enough respondents from OH and interest from PA, another bus will run that section of the route.

Please indicate your interest in the poll and post here with any additional info- where you are and how many people, will the ride help get some friends along too?

See you all in DC 9/18

Join the IV Minnesota Chapter

Proud participant of the September 18th Rally in DC. Flew in from Minnesota.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute
Default People

please do not miss out on this opportunity. This was one of the action items that came out of the last mid west conference call.
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=

Old 08-21-2007, 01:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is the poll for everybody?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paskal View Post
Dear iv members,

See you all in DC 9/18
This is great news for people on the east coast and around.

West coast, don't hesitate to go here
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12441
and find help!

Also, is everybody supposed to vote (maybe not)? I already bought air tickets but am on the west coast (I will be catching an airBUS
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign
PD: Aug 2006. I-485: July, August 2007 @ TSC. I-485 approved on June 15, 2011

Old 08-21-2007, 01:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Green06 is just really nice Green06 is just really nice Green06 is just really nice Green06 is just really nice

I will come with my wife and 5 year old. I am motivating some of my friends and their families to join also. Is there any money which we have to pay and how much for the bus ride, I am sure if we are going together then we can find group discounts on hotels etc

http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=72&Itemid=52

Old 08-21-2007, 02:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green06 View Post
I will come with my wife and 5 year old. I am motivating some of my friends and their families to join also. Is there any money which we have to pay and how much for the bus ride, I am sure if we are going together then we can find group discounts on hotels etc
Awesome. It is nice to see people getting their little ones to the rally. It shows your dedication to see a successful rally.

I would not worry about the money aspect now to ride the bus. You are welcome to offer some token amount to ride the bus.
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=

Old 08-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default bus

iv will help with the cost of the bus
we, as state chapters may decide on token contributions from everyone but that would be about all you have to do...so don't worry, this is the cheap easy fun way to do it! just step up!

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 08-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Default join the fun guys!

please spread the word to your friends too
also a bus gives everyone the opportunity to bring families at no real cost
think about that!

PA members, please spread the word in your chapter and amog friends and colleagues. you guys are so very close and it would be an eay effortless ride. be sure to add your families along for the ride. we would really like to have designated PA buses- surely Pittsburgh and Philadelphia lone can fill a few up!

Old 08-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
nshantha has a spectacular aura about nshantha has a spectacular aura about
Default Hi Janilsal, Is there any way you can help Peoria and Blooming people to get Bus Ride

Hi Janilsal,

We are planning to arrange some people in Peoria, Bloomington,IL.

Is there any way you can help Peoria and Bloomington people to get Bus Ride

Thanks,

Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by janilsal View Post
Awesome. It is nice to see people getting their little ones to the rally. It shows your dedication to see a successful rally.

I would not worry about the money aspect now to ride the bus. You are welcome to offer some token amount to ride the bus.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute
Default how about MI

you guys forgot to include michigan from the midwest states. anyway I am flying there along with few other members on the 18th. see you all there.
Go IV!!

- Member of MI IV Chapter
- Contributing $25 monthly since 2007
- Several one-time contributions totalling over $1,500
- Participated in ALL Advocacy Efforts in Washington DC & San Jose since JUL 2007
- I am doing my part, have you done yours to advance our mutual cause?

* If you have the Faith of a Mustard Seed You can say to the Mountain 'Be Moved', and it WILL be Moved!!

** Faith without Action is Futile.

- The Bible

Old 09-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
7/23/2007
Compare
gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future
Default Head count for the Midwest to DC bus

Folks who have signed up for taking the Midwest to DC bus please respond to my PM with info on how many are going to join you on the bus.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold

bump

Old 09-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
7/23/2007
Compare
Default please respond

Folks who have signed up to take the midwest bus to DC, please respond with the number of people joining you on the bus, this will help coordinate the bus planning activities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcpadmavyuh View Post
Folks who have signed up for taking the Midwest to DC bus please respond to my PM with info on how many are going to join you on the bus.

Old 09-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
am4gc is on a distinguished road
Default bus routes

can we know the bus routes and times fot this route? Any way to catch it from Cincinnati,OH or nearby places?

Old 09-17-2007, 01:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
7/23/2007
Compare

am4gc: the bus from minneapolis to DC is cancelled as we did not have enough participation. Members are now flying to DC from the midwest states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by am4gc View Post
can we know the bus routes and times fot this route? Any way to catch it from Cincinnati,OH or nearby places?

Closed Thread