Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 10-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2007
Chargeability
:
Brazil
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2007
Compare
Naruto will become famous soon enough Naruto will become famous soon enough
Default EAD Mistake

hi all,

I just received my EAD Card today. To my shock Immigration put the "Sex" Male on the card instead of Female. I checked with my paralegal, all my forms say female and my picture is defiantly a female.

According to Immigration customer service i should return the card and file for EAD again, and wait all over again.

My paralegal is waiting for the lawyer to answer and he does not think that i should return the card. As long as al the other information is correct i should not return it, and should be able to use it.

I'm suppose to start in Nov my new job.

has anybody else been in this situation? any advices?
Thank you
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2007
Chargeability
:
Brazil
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2007
Compare

Anyone

Old 10-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
alex77 is a name known to all alex77 is a name known to all alex77 is a name known to all alex77 is a name known to all alex77 is a name known to all alex77 is a name known to all

If they ask you to pay EAD fees again, you should sue them

Old 10-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2007
Chargeability
:
Brazil
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2007
Compare

The delimma is if it's decided by Immigration that's it's my mistake i have to pay all over again. Put nobody know if i should pay the new fees or the july-2nd fees.
Also i asked if i should send a payment with the appilcation just to make sure the application is not rejected for not including the payment, i did not get an answer for that.

I'm stuck....

Old 10-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold

The problem is not the fee but the wait of another 90 days....it was their mistake but you will suffer....if I were you, I would apply for renewal EAD but will use that one for the meantime....

If you already have SSN, there shouldn't be any problem unless your employer make a fuzz out of it...

I am not a lawyer...you can take this advise on your own risk....

I am not a lawyer....all my comments are my own beliefs, please respect it. I do respect yours!

Old 10-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute

USCIS screwed up my EAD card as well. Instead of my signature they printed my lawyers signature on my card. I double checked a copy of my application and found that it was infact a USCIS error.

My lawyer told me two options regarding the correction of my EAD card.

1) To go ahead now and re-apply for the corrected card without the USCIS filing fee cost as the card contains a USCIS error. This would create a clean application and avoid any potential future issues with the incorrect information. With this application we need to send 2 additional photographs along with the original "incorrect" EAD card.

2) Alternatively, could wait until 6 months from the expiration date of the EAD card and request an extension of the EAD with USCIS filing fee cost and the request for correction explaining the error and hope that USCIS will not make the same error again.

Since I are not planning to use my EAD anytime soon, I opted for second option.

EB3 India - PD Dec 2003; I-140 AD Mar 2006; I-485 RD Jul 2007; FP done on 09/24/2007
Attended September 18th 2007 DC Rally
Made $300 contribution until now

Old 10-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Compare
loudobbs will become famous soon enough loudobbs will become famous soon enough

Stuck being a male??

Jokes apart, Call an IO or take a INFOPASS appt to talk to an IO. Its always easier if you can talk to somebody face to face....

I some centers you can get a INFOAPASS appt for next day easily

Hopefully they should be able to help you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto View Post
The delimma is if it's decided by Immigration that's it's my mistake i have to pay all over again. Put nobody know if i should pay the new fees or the july-2nd fees.
Also i asked if i should send a payment with the appilcation just to make sure the application is not rejected for not including the payment, i did not get an answer for that.

I'm stuck....
  • I-485 applied June 29th
  • I-485 receipt notice received Aug 15
  • EAD approved Aug 17
  • EAD card received Aug 24
  • FP Notice received Sept 1
  • FP complete Sept 21

Old 10-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1901
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/08/1901
Compare
asdfgh is infamous around these parts asdfgh is infamous around these parts asdfgh is infamous around these parts asdfgh is infamous around these parts asdfgh is infamous around these parts asdfgh is infamous around these parts asdfgh is infamous around these parts
Default What does this mean?

Sorry to hijack someone else's post but I dont have privilege to start new thread...

Got notice today from CSC stating below

we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our LINCOLN, NE location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our LINCOLN, NE location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Havent recd. Receipt Notice, EAD, AP or FP notice yet...any idea what above means?
Thanks.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
JulyFiler is just really nice JulyFiler is just really nice JulyFiler is just really nice JulyFiler is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudobbs View Post
Its always easier if you can talk to somebody face to face....
and also resolves any ambiguity on their side..

Old 10-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2003
Compare
arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute
Default EAD mistake can be corrected

There was a mistake in my EAD card once and called USCIS & my lawyer and both said I have to send the original EAD card with new filled & signed EAD application (I-765) and all supporting documents (EAD application I-765 & supporting documents mentioned in I-765).

I took photo copy of my original EAD (that has error) before sending it so that I will have proof of their mistake and also wrote cover letter about the mistake USCIS done (I even kept a photocopy of my EAD card and circled the error and asked them to correct it so that it will be easier for them to find the error).

I sent it to USCIS i.e. the entire package and they verified all my details and realized it is their mistake so they sent me the new card with proper details. Since it is their mistake they didnt charge me. If it is your mistake then they will ask you to pay for the EAD i.e. EAD processing fee (if you made mistake like any typo you or your lawyer did in your EAD application you have to pay).

so dont worry but you will have to wait for atleast 10-15 days to get it corrected. so call them and your attroney and get the details and send it to USCIS soon. but it is important to take your EAD photocopy before you send it and keep it in your records. also follow up and send it overnight through fedex/ups/courier for safer/quicker delivery of your packag and you can track too. good luck.

Quote:
hi all,

I just received my EAD Card today. To my shock Immigration put the "Sex" Male on the card instead of Female. I checked with my paralegal, all my forms say female and my picture is defiantly a female.

According to Immigration customer service i should return the card and file for EAD again, and wait all over again.

My paralegal is waiting for the lawyer to answer and he does not think that i should return the card. As long as al the other information is correct i should not return it, and should be able to use it.

I'm suppose to start in Nov my new job.

has anybody else been in this situation? any advices?
Thank you

Last edited by arnet; 10-12-2007 at 09:06 PM.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
crystal is a name known to all crystal is a name known to all crystal is a name known to all crystal is a name known to all crystal is a name known to all crystal is a name known to all

What you said is correct. You have to re-submit aplication along with the original apporved EAD.

My lawyer screwed up the photographs in my wife application and sent some body else He is submitting the EAD and AP applications again .

Old 10-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2007
Chargeability
:
Brazil
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2007
Compare

arnet

Do you mind me asking when did this happen to you ?
I did make a photo copy of the EAD. I did schedule an appointment with info pass on Monday. I'll see how it goes. I'm hoping I do not have to wait anther 6 months. I'm worried with all this fiasco it will take long to correct the mistake.

Thank you all for your answers.

-Naruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnet View Post
There was a mistake in my EAD card once and called USCIS & my lawyer and both said I have to send the original EAD card with new filled & signed EAD application (I-765) and all supporting documents (EAD application I-765 & supporting documents mentioned in I-765).

I took photo copy of my original EAD (that has error) before sending it so that I will have proof of their mistake and also wrote cover letter about the mistake USCIS done (I even kept a photocopy of my EAD card and circled the error and asked them to correct it so that it will be easier for them to find the error).

I sent it to USCIS i.e. the entire package and they verified all my details and realized it is their mistake so they sent me the new card with proper details. Since it is their mistake they didnt charge me. If it is your mistake then they will ask you to pay for the EAD i.e. EAD processing fee (if you made mistake like any typo you or your lawyer did in your EAD application you have to pay).

so dont worry but you will have to wait for atleast 10-15 days to get it corrected. so call them and your attroney and get the details and send it to USCIS soon. but it is important to take your EAD photocopy before you send it and keep it in your records. also follow up and send it overnight through fedex/ups/courier for safer/quicker delivery of your packag and you can track too. good luck.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prom2 will become famous soon enough

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...postcount=2912

Old 10-13-2007, 03:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudobbs View Post
Stuck being a male??

All these Medical facilities charging thousands of dollars for sex change. People wanting sex change should go to USCIS. They will get it done free

This is height of inefficiency.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2003
Compare
arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute
Default last yr

it happened in 2006 november, so i sent it back immediately. now i'm NOT sure about the duration it depends on their workload. apply and follow it up with USCIS and do the same procedure as we do for the new EAD application. once applied, give atleast 2 wks, after that if possible follow it up with the help of local congressman/senator too to expediate the correction. also make sure in your EAD application which you applied last time to see whether lawyer office or you made the mistake, if not then you dont have to worry about the processing fee. one of my friend had this problem at the same time in EAD card and it is USCIS mistake and he got EAD corrected after 2 months of sending it to them. so follow it up.

Quote:
arnet

Do you mind me asking when did this happen to you ?
I did make a photo copy of the EAD. I did schedule an appointment with info pass on Monday. I'll see how it goes. I'm hoping I do not have to wait anther 6 months. I'm worried with all this fiasco it will take long to correct the mistake.

Thank you all for your answers.

-Naruto