Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

View Poll Results: What did you do TO GET GREEN IN SEPTEMBER?
Opened SR for primary applicant 24 51.06%
Opened SR for dependant applicant 11 23.40%
Submitted letter by lawyer to NSC/TSC - AILA 4 8.51%
Contacted Senator/Congressman to inquire with USCIS 8 17.02%
Called NSC/TSC daily 3 6.38%
Spoke with higher rank/IO multiple times 7 14.89%
Infopass 13 27.66%
Did nothing - it just works that way! 20 42.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2009, 10:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerofpeace View Post
What works for someone may not work for us. VXG and others were lucky we are not as simple as that which does not mean that we left any stone unturned...it just doesn't work that way.....but again will keep on trying...

has anybody tried calling USCIS as the proxy applicant..I mean has anyone as a primary called USCIS for their dependent....the reason I am asking is I need to do that....I am sure there is no "sex" in the file and there is no way for them knowing that I am the primary applicant or not.

SoP
u going to talk in girl's tone?
485 approved on Jan 25,2012.
Physical cards received on Jan 30, 2012
one time contribution - 100$
one time contribution for April 2011 Advocacy days - 50$
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2009, 10:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2008
Compare
seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all
Default No

No what I meant was that they don't even have the PD in front of them and no personal details....so I guess I can take a chance....they have limited information anyway...

SoP

Old 09-15-2009, 11:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
fatjoe is a jewel in the rough fatjoe is a jewel in the rough fatjoe is a jewel in the rough fatjoe is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerofpeace View Post
What works for someone may not work for us. VXG and others were lucky we are not as simple as that which does not mean that we left any stone unturned...it just doesn't work that way.....but again will keep on trying...

has anybody tried calling USCIS as the proxy applicant..I mean has anyone as a primary called USCIS for their dependent....the reason I am asking is I need to do that....I am sure there is no "sex" in the file and there is no way for them knowing that I am the primary applicant or not.

SoP
I have tried it several times. You can talk on behalf of your spouse. But your spouse has to be there at that time, as the CSR first asks if that is your case. There is no need to tell lies, you can always say that you are enquiring about your spouse. The CSR makes sure that your spouse is there at that time, and talks to your spouse first before talking to you about your spouse's case.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of
Default Recd CPO E mail

Recd the CPO E mail today @ 7 PM EDT - 9/15 from TSC

EB2- June 04

Attorney Sent a Letter to AILA liason on 8/20
Called TSC on 8/27/ - Opened a SR
Called TSC again on 9/3 - CSR told me that they sent a reply for the SR opened on 8/27
Recd the SR - reply on 9/4/09 stating that " your Application processing is pending/delayed"
Called Senator office on 9/9/09 and sent fax
Called Senator office on 9/14/09 - Liason officer told me that it will take 30 to 60 days to get the response.
Called other Senator office on 9/14/09 , Sent the fax
Called again to II Senator office on 9/15/09, I was told to call back after 15 days to get the respose
Called TSC again on 9/15/09 around 4.45 PM EDT, Talked CSR , So nice , she eve discussed about the weather , summer time events etc, I told her about the letter I have recd for my SR ( 8/29), she asked if it mentioned any time frame, And i told her "No", then she said it is very unusaul and tranferred my call to the officer,

1st he told me the current processing time is 9/07/07 and my ND is 9/28/07 so my application has a 21 days lag, Then I told him that my application has mailed on 8/7/09, I also mentioned about the letter i received for SR, then he started asking questions about the receipt # and case details

The the officer verified following details

My first name,
Last name,
Address, Zip code, Door #,
fathers first name
mothers first name,
4 Digit SSN

and then told me that your case is under review with an officer from 8/29/08( Then I realized both of us had a Soft LUD on our application on 8/29/08) , I told him about that, the he said yes it is , it is related to the interal process. Then I asked him that What can i do now, He said, Keep your faith and finger crossed asked to me keep on calling USCIS TSC office every week to check about my case.

I really don't know whether he is playing with me or what.

what ever it is I got the CPO e mail @ 7 PM EDT

10 Yr wait is over.

Thank you all, I am not going away, Tristate leadership knows me very well, and I will be involved all the effort of the IV

Old 09-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
kubmilegaGC will become famous soon enough kubmilegaGC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrajs View Post
Recd the CPO E mail today @ 7 PM EDT - 9/15 from TSC

EB2- June 04

Attorney Sent a Letter to AILA liason on 8/20
Called TSC on 8/27/ - Opened a SR
Called TSC again on 9/3 - CSR told me that they sent a reply for the SR opened on 8/27
Recd the SR - reply on 9/4/09 stating that " your Application processing is pending/delayed"
Called Senator office on 9/9/09 and sent fax
Called Senator office on 9/14/09 - Liason officer told me that it will take 30 to 60 days to get the response.
Called other Senator office on 9/14/09 , Sent the fax
Called again to II Senator office on 9/15/09, I was told to call back after 15 days to get the respose
Called TSC again on 9/15/09 around 4.45 PM EDT, Talked CSR , So nice , she eve discussed about the weather , summer time events etc, I told her about the letter I have recd for my SR ( 8/29), she asked if it mentioned any time frame, And i told her "No", then she said it is very unusaul and tranferred my call to the officer,

1st he told me the current processing time is 9/07/07 and my ND is 9/28/07 so my application has a 21 days lag, Then I told him that my application has mailed on 8/7/09, I also mentioned about the letter i received for SR, then he started asking questions about the receipt # and case details

The the officer verified following details

My first name,
Last name,
Address, Zip code, Door #,
fathers first name
mothers first name,
4 Digit SSN

and then told me that your case is under review with an officer from 8/29/08( Then I realized both of us had a Soft LUD on our application on 8/29/08) , I told him about that, the he said yes it is , it is related to the interal process. Then I asked him that What can i do now, He said, Keep your faith and finger crossed asked to me keep on calling USCIS TSC office every week to check about my case.

I really don't know whether he is playing with me or what.

what ever it is I got the CPO e mail @ 7 PM EDT

10 Yr wait is over.

Thank you all, I am not going away, Tristate leadership knows me very well, and I will be involved all the effort of the IV
@natraj - YOU ARE THERE. I remember my afternoon emails and our exchange ...How life can change in few hours GREAT NEWS - Congratulations on getting GREEN ...so there is still hope for June 04...

Back to counting hours for my ongoing torture... USCIS willing!

Old 09-16-2009, 12:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of
Default Thank Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubmilegaGC View Post
@natraj - YOU ARE THERE. I remember my afternoon emails and our exchange ...How life can change in few hours GREAT NEWS - Congratulations on getting GREEN ...so there is still hope for June 04...

Back to counting hours for my ongoing torture... USCIS willing!
kubmilegaGC, Thank Q, Infact I have scheduled infopass appointment on Sept 22nd, Which I will cancel it tomorrow, I don't know you have tried the infopass,

Don't miss any opps, Try them all, Good Luck and Best Wishes

Old 09-16-2009, 12:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of
Default Congrats natrajs

It seems like its just me and kubmilegaGC left from June 2004. Anybody else from June 04?

Old 09-16-2009, 12:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
kubmilegaGC will become famous soon enough kubmilegaGC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrajs View Post
kubmilegaGC, Thank Q, Infact I have scheduled infopass appointment on Sept 22nd, Which I will cancel it tomorrow, I don't know you have tried the infopass,

Don't miss any opps, Try them all, Good Luck and Best Wishes
wife's SR yielded in a response of "assigned to an officer on 9/11" and my infopass today (9/15) also had the same result....so I guess its a waiting game for us! I tried normal "outside of processing window" method to file SRs but now learnt about getting to directly to talk to IO...will try that tomorrow - I wish I could bug them ay this hour

Old 09-16-2009, 12:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy View Post
It seems like its just me and kubmilegaGC left from June 2004. Anybody else from June 04?
We are going to GET THERE @cali - really anyone else with June 04 or prior?

Old 09-16-2009, 12:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of
Default Keep the faith...

kubmilegaGC - Yeah, lets hope so. Let's see who is going to be the last man standing!!!

Btw, do you know the sequence to get to the POJ method for TSC center? I am planning on calling them tomorrow.

Thanks!

Old 09-16-2009, 12:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Default Its the same sequence BUT

Quote:
kubmilegaGC - Yeah, lets hope so. Let's see who is going to be the last man standing!!!

Btw, do you know the sequence to get to the POJ method for TSC center? I am planning on calling them tomorrow.

Thanks!
PRESS 4 instead of 3 (outside of normal processing time) - I guess go back couple pages on this thread or "Sept approvals (our very own favorite) thread - you will get the details.

Lets keep each other posted.

Thanks,

Old 09-16-2009, 12:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:

Thanks!
btw, I hope none of us will be "the last man" standing lets not wish for it!

Old 09-16-2009, 12:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Default Got a response for inquiry made by local senator

Reached home and had a letter waiting...

Here is the response from TSC:

According to TSC, it is currently processing 485 visas based on filing date order. There are a large amount of cases that are being processed and your case will be processed in receipt date order. With the limited amount of visas that are currently available between now and September 30, 2009, there is no guarantee that your case can be completed before the end of FY 2009.

For whatever it means, I have seen tons and tons of cases with receipt date/notice date and PD after me that have been approved. Heck, all my dates are current on outside the processing time so I dont know what to make out of it.

All we can do is keep our fingers crossed...... I wish I had received the card instead of the letter today

Old 09-16-2009, 12:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

I feel the pain buddy...I feel the pain. There is no rhyme or reason and this reasoning is BS ...since we all know people with later PDs and later RDs/NDs have been approved - the processing order is JUST a BIG MESS.

When the senator inquiry was initiated? sometime in August?

Old 09-16-2009, 12:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Default Yeah, its a bunch of bull crap

Senators inquiry was initiated in first week of September. I guess that is TSC's way of saying F$%$ off....

I am thinking.....I think they have black listed my application for hassling them too much
How can I get in their good books now?