Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > Immigrant Visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

Old 08-06-2015, 09:29 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodyn55 View Post
Also, I don't know if IV has any inside info, but the October dates are supposed to result in modest forward movements. I'm not sure it'll be everyone current like 2007. That was a debacle and it actually took threat of lawsuit to keep the dates current for the whole month.

I'm not sure that admin will ever try something like that again, so keep that in mind.
Threat of lawsuit!
Really?
So you think that if you threaten a government agency (not even file a suit), the government will back down and listen to you? Then why are we all doing advocacy work, Lets all start threatening lawsuits everyday There is no point of K street Lobbyists and all the advocacy organizations that are working for decades to pass a single bill or bring a regulation.
Do you really believe everything on the forums or written on the internet?

I think however much we try to write people will form opinions based on who they trust and worship on the internet.
Anyways, Come to the next advocacy meeting if you come we will tell you all the details. Maybe this is one of the ways we can get more participation for advocacy days.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 08-06-2015 at 09:34 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2015, 09:53 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also, I don't know if IV has any inside info, but the October dates are supposed to result in modest forward movements. I'm not sure it'll be everyone current like 2007. That was a debacle and it actually took threat of lawsuit to keep the dates current for the whole month.

I'm not sure that admin will ever try something like that again, so keep that in mind.
Threats of lawsuit is the best way to not have anyone do anything. If you believe that "threat of lawsuit" made dates current in 2007 then why don't you or the same group threaten lawsuit again?

If you threaten me with anything, that is the best way for me to make sure that I won't do whatever you want, even if it results in loss for me. Most people are like that. Specially Bush/Cheney Administration in 2007. Don't get deceived by fantasy la la land of immigration lawyers. Lawyers want everyone to believe that lawyers have answer to everything, and lawsuits get things done. Because if there are more lawsuits, more lawyers (read that lairs) make more money.

Old 08-06-2015, 11:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
NaCh007 is on a distinguished road

Dear DMX17,

Here is your message for convenience -

'If this happens first thing Oct 1st, 2015 and we all file I-485, then too you will have to wait 6 months before AC21 kicks in. You are free in March 2016!

All goes well, we also know that I-140 EAD/AP will also likely happen around March 2016. Then you file EAD/AP and after approval (typically 90 days), you are free in June 2016!

In any of two scenarios above, you will get your GC when your turn comes anyway (unless HR 213).
So:
1) If you can work on the same job until June 30th, 2016 (1 years from now) and not willing to go through the hassle of starting over PERM/I-140/Recapture of PD in addition to H1/H4 extensions, hang tight and help IV in whatever way you can
2) If you are offered your dream job that you hope to get only with a GC, you mission is accomplished if the new employer is willing to do steps in 1) above. Still help IV.'[/color]

'If this happens first thing Oct 1st, 2015 and we all file I-485'

> The first assumption here is that the priority date becomes current in October 2015. But is it not a highly improbable assumption to make?

'we also know that I-140 EAD/AP will also likely happen around March 2016'

> The second one, how come you are confident that I-140 EAD/AP will be happening around March 2016? I see the that the rule is just in proposed rule stage on reginfo.gov. Will it become a final rule just in 6 months?

My main goal is not to jeopardize my GC situation. So, if we are sure that by June 30, 2016, we will get EAD then I can wait. But if we are not sure about it and it is going to take another 2-3 years then I will consider doing the move as it will give me ample time to get my I-140 again.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
InLineForGC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Below is what I had posted before and the same advice still stands as no new information is available about when the I-140EAD/AP will go into effect:

Although I have no inside info nor am I trying to predict anything, just sharing my logic in hope of helping people make the right decision for their situation.

It is reasonable to assume that any "significant" visa movement is not going to happen until the new fiscal year based on available info on visa bulletin trends. If this happens first thing Oct 1st, 2015 and we all file I-485, then too you will have to wait 6 months before AC21 kicks in. You are free in March 2016!

All goes well, we also know that I-140 EAD/AP will also likely happen around March 2016. Then you file EAD/AP and after approval (typically 90 days), you are free in June 2016!

In any of two scenarios above, you will get your GC when your turn comes anyway (unless HR 213).
So:
1) If you can work on the same job until June 30th, 2016 (1 years from now) and not willing to go through the hassle of starting over PERM/I-140/Recapture of PD in addition to H1/H4 extensions, hang tight and help IV in whatever way you can
2) If you are offered your dream job that you hope to get only with a GC, you mission is accomplished if the new employer is willing to do steps in 1) above. Still help IV.
3) If you want to open a business right now, use the H4 spouse!
DMX17 - Though your suggestions above seem fine but I dont think one needs to wait till March 2016 to know I140/EAD rule is getting finalized or not. If I140/EAD final rule comes in March 2016, we should have an indication by Oct/Nov this year whether public commenting starts or not. If public commenting doesnt start by Oct/Nov, it implies nothing is happening soon. Thoughts?

Old 08-06-2015, 12:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Guys, I dont know how many more If's you want me to add. Read my advice again replacing each If with 3 If's.

I have nothing more to add.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Dear DMX17,

Nothing wrong in you getting irritated. But, please try to understand the situation as I am under lot of pressure, hence asking you.

How did you come with March 2016 as the date as it is just in Proposed rule stage? Please advise.

Old 08-06-2015, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
neodyn55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Threat of lawsuit!
Really?
So you think that if you threaten a government agency (not even file a suit), the government will back down and listen to you? Then why are we all doing advocacy work, Lets all start threatening lawsuits everyday There is no point of K street Lobbyists and all the advocacy organizations that are working for decades to pass a single bill or bring a regulation.
Do you really believe everything on the forums or written on the internet?

I think however much we try to write people will form opinions based on who they trust and worship on the internet.
Anyways, Come to the next advocacy meeting if you come we will tell you all the details. Maybe this is one of the ways we can get more participation for advocacy days.
I don't think i was referring to using lawsuits to achieve legislative aims. I was referring to what happened in 2007.

Specifically, the part where everyone in EB was made current for July, and then abruptly unavailable after a couple of days of accepting applications..

Cyrus D. Mehta & Associates, PLLC - Immigration Updates

There was advocacy by you guys, of course, and there were also law suits filed - actually, more than threatened, actually filed.

That being said, I'm sure you guys' advocacy was instrumental to reverse the VB, so I accept that it wasn't just lawsuits that got the government to reverse their decision.

That being said, I'm still skeptical October will be a repeat of July 2007. In fact, my personal belief is that if it was so, it'll be a setback for us as a whole. By doing this, a bunch of people who made the (correct) decision to switch jobs are getting screwed, because in 2007 this only caused intense, protracted retrogression. This year, it'll have the additional effect of USICS losing interest in the I140 portability proposal, or watering it down considerably. So basically, f*** the few, for the sake of the many.

I'd be glad to join any advocacy, but it appears apart from the one on Aug 16th, which is too far for me, there's nothing else going on. If there are any local events/meetings in Nor Cal I would be glad to join, but these don't seem to be advertised.

Old 08-06-2015, 02:00 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaCh007 View Post
Dear DMX17,

Nothing wrong in you getting irritated. But, please try to understand the situation as I am under lot of pressure, hence asking you.

How did you come with March 2016 as the date as it is just in Proposed rule stage? Please advise.
I think it's a best guess.

*If* they put the NPRM in October, the process takes about 6 months. So March, but you need to add EAD processing time + application acceptance time. If it's like H4EAD, then it would actually be July 2016.

Old 08-06-2015, 02:18 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

neodyn55 You did not still get it. that is why I said what I said. Read again.

And by the way why are we not seeing any lawsuits now to get EAD for I140 or anything else done administratively? Why is there a vacuum of Class Action lawsuits for Immigrants for a long time.

Let us meet in the next advocacy event to know more.

Last edited by pappu; 08-06-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Old 08-06-2015, 02:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
I think it's a best guess.

*If* they put the NPRM in October, the process takes about 6 months. So March, but you need to add EAD processing time + application acceptance time. If it's like H4EAD, then it would actually be July 2016.
And to point out to that idiot who copied my two month old advice verbatim, the advice was based on no wait times after I-140 approval. Now, thanks to those idiots who still continue to send e-mails and whatnot, looks like there is one year wait before you own the I-140.

This time I have learned my lesson not to do other people’s thinking. OP - you decide what is best for you.

PS- idiots, stop that!

Old 08-06-2015, 02:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I meant the idiots on that website where people track stuff...

Old 08-06-2015, 03:43 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
neodyn55 You did not still get it. that is why I said what I said. Read again.

And by the way why are we not seeing any lawsuits now to get EAD for I140 or anything else done administratively? Why is there a vacuum of Class Action lawsuits for Immigrants for a long time.

Let us meet in the next advocacy event to know more.
Well, IMO they are two different things. I-140 EAD, etc can only be done through advocacy. Lawsuits are to correct specific extreme violations. For example, the lawsuit against USCIS for not issuing interim EAD cards. I'm not saying they will be 100% successful, but there are instances of immigrants succeeding.

Ultimately, I think rumors on various forums are not really serving anyone. That I can agree with.

Re: Advocacy, actually I think I can make it for the NYC event on Aug 16th.

I did go in March to Rep. Loffgren's office and that was very enlightening, but I haven't heard of any others in the local area since then. Who would be the best person to contact - FB, email, or on here - to learn about these?

Old 08-06-2015, 04:21 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Well, IMO they are two different things. I-140 EAD, etc can only be done through advocacy. Lawsuits are to correct specific extreme violations. For example, the lawsuit against USCIS for not issuing interim EAD cards. I'm not saying they will be 100% successful, but there are instances of immigrants succeeding.

Ultimately, I think rumors on various forums are not really serving anyone. That I can agree with.

Re: Advocacy, actually I think I can make it for the NYC event on Aug 16th.

I did go in March to Rep. Loffgren's office and that was very enlightening, but I haven't heard of any others in the local area since then. Who would be the best person to contact - FB, email, or on here - to learn about these?
I think you need to know that IV was instrumental in getting 2007 dates current. Period. Once you start attending advocacy meetings you will understand the agenda of others and see through the clouds.

If you attended a local meeting on your own it will not do much good to anyone. But if you attended as part of IV, then yes it will do good. CA has a very strong state chapter. Send a private message to me or any other admin and they will have someone reach out to you.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 08-06-2015, 04:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
I think you need to know that IV was instrumental in getting 2007 dates current. Period. Once you start attending advocacy meetings you will understand the agenda of others and see through the clouds.

If you attended a local meeting on your own it will not do much good to anyone. But if you attended as part of IV, then yes it will do good. CA has a very strong state chapter. Send a private message to me or any other admin and they will have someone reach out to you.
Admin - can u plz share your thoughts too, on the original post/situation I have?

Thanks.

Old 08-07-2015, 04:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Guys,

So, is it advisable to wait till Oct and then change the employer based on whether they start taking the comments on 1615-AC05 or not?

Please advise.

Thanks.