Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP
Click to log in with Facebook
Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP. Comparison between keeping H1 versus forfeiting H1 and using EAD/AP after 485 filing.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-24-2012, 12:50 PM
i_my_Voice i_my_Voice is offline
Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/30/2012
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 46
i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute
Default URGENT: H1B Extension - Job Description Change

Hello everyone!

I am in my 7th year of H1B valid until Jan 2013. I have a valid EAD/AP till May 2013. My attorney is asking to start for the H1B extension but my manager wants to change my job decsription completely. Organization title, salary, location everything is same. Just changing job duties entirely as she wants me to handle bigger and different job responsibilities but in the same position, department, title. How will this affect my H1B extension and my pending I-485. I am very confused and would really appreciate any help on this. I just have couple of days of decision timeframe.

Thanks so much in advance!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 07-24-2012, 01:36 PM
i_my_Voice i_my_Voice is offline
Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/30/2012
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 46
i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_my_Voice View Post
Hello everyone!

I am in my 7th year of H1B valid until Jan 2013. I have a valid EAD/AP till May 2013. My attorney is asking to start for the H1B extension but my manager wants to change my job decsription completely. Organization title, salary, location everything is same. Just changing job duties entirely as she wants me to handle bigger and different job responsibilities but in the same position, department, title. How will this affect my H1B extension and my pending I-485. I am very confused and would really appreciate any help on this. I just have couple of days of decision timeframe.

Thanks so much in advance!
Just to add - it is very difficult to convince a person who was born in US and have no idea about H1B other than she can hire people of H1B. I work for the biggest financial services company and being so close to GC (of course if HR3012 passes - fingers crossed), this is all happening. She likes me very much and that's why giving me a bigger but different job. Our immigration processes are outsourced to Fragoment who just wants to make money as you all know. My manager wants to do the right thing and she even spoke to our legal and HR department - everyone saying her that is ok and she is trying to convince me that it's fine. I know that this is not fine but so hard my friends....My failure to convince her....Just give me your honest opinion on my situation - i will owe you a big time....

Thanks again in advance!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 07-24-2012, 01:56 PM
snathan snathan is offline
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,290
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_my_Voice View Post
Just to add - it is very difficult to convince a person who was born in US and have no idea about H1B other than she can hire people of H1B. I work for the biggest financial services company and being so close to GC (of course if HR3012 passes - fingers crossed), this is all happening. She likes me very much and that's why giving me a bigger but different job. Our immigration processes are outsourced to Fragoment who just wants to make money as you all know. My manager wants to do the right thing and she even spoke to our legal and HR department - everyone saying her that is ok and she is trying to convince me that it's fine. I know that this is not fine but so hard my friends....My failure to convince her....Just give me your honest opinion on my situation - i will owe you a big time....

Thanks again in advance!!!
GC is for future job and your current H1B job description does not have any bearing on that.
__________________
When you come across any immigration Frauds
# Contact the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ice.gov) by telephone at (866) DHS-2-ICE. The hotline is designed specifically to accept immigration violation reports. You can complain anonymously.

Fraud Detection and National Security (FDNS) Directorate
111 Massachusetts Ave., NW Suite 7002,
Mail Stop 2280 Washington,
D.C. 20529-2280
FDNS@dhs.gov
filing without current PD
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #4  
Old 07-24-2012, 02:04 PM
i_my_Voice i_my_Voice is offline
Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/30/2012
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 46
i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
GC is for future job and your current H1B job description does not have any bearing on that.
Thanks Snathan but sorry, I am not very convinced. How this will not impact my pending I-485? When we invoke AC21 (I am eligible after october 2, 2012 - Bapu b'day...), even then the clause is that the job description should remain same/close. Are you 100% sure that it will not impact my pending AOS app?

Thanks again!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Urgent - H1B Extension - Job Description Change i_my_Voice FREE Lawyer conference calls 0 07-24-2012 12:42 PM
H1B Extension and Change in Job Description without my Knowledge htoz Non-Immigrant Visa 1 09-24-2011 03:25 PM
change of job description in LCA msri311 Non-Immigrant Visa 1 10-16-2010 11:12 PM
Urgent !!! AC21 Job Title and Description golgappa AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing 11 08-18-2009 12:26 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 (Unregistered)
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org