Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 08-31-2006, 09:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/24/2007
Compare
ChainReaction is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb How to increase chances of getting Skil bill pass this year

Just Another idea , since nursing immigration visa quota is also likely to be run out in couple of months why not contact lobbyist and congressman who are pushing to increase visa quota for nurses and ask them to join forces and incorporate our Skil bill with theirs . This reciprocity might provide just the right amount of pressure on those politicians and get both the bill (Skilled prof catagory A &B) pass before November elections (Big Health Care Corporation which represents any Metropolitan hospitals in US and IT companies like Microsoft Corporation, IBM, Intel…)

Just want to know what the IV core team thinks about it?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of
Default Good idea

Good idea about coordinating efforts with organizations working on Nurses issues. Do you know or are aware of any active organization that is working on this issue? Pls post the details and we will get in touch with them. If you can point to any contacts, please PM or post it here.

I know of several AILA ( American Immigration Lawyers Assoc) lawyers testifying before the congress on this issue and we are already in touch/have endorsements with many of those leading lawyers in the country.

Last edited by eagerr2i; 09-01-2006 at 01:16 AM.

Old 09-01-2006, 10:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default You think as your name implies

This is not a bad idea. Chain reaction is always good as chainReaction said. Why to leave this stone unturned and then to regret if nurse bill passes if there is one, before the SKIL bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainReaction
Just Another idea , since nursing immigration visa quota is also likely to be run out in couple of months why not contact lobbyist and congressman who are pushing to increase visa quota for nurses and ask them to join forces and incorporate our Skil bill with theirs . This reciprocity might provide just the right amount of pressure on those politicians and get both the bill (Skilled prof catagory A &B) pass before November elections (Big Health Care Corporation which represents any Metropolitan hospitals in US and IT companies like Microsoft Corporation, IBM, Intel…)

Just want to know what the IV core team thinks about it?

Old 09-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice
Default Hammond Law Firm - Medical Lobby Firm

I know that Hammon Law Firm is one such medical lobby who is figthing for this. Can we get core members to co-ordinate with them?

http://www.hammondlawfirm.com/

http://hammondlawgroup.blogspot.com/

Old 09-02-2006, 08:32 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
qplearn will become famous soon enough
Default some good news

Shusterman.com reports that a senate committee headed by Sen. Cornyn met at a hearing yesterday, and that there is a push for a "must-pass" immigration legislation by year end. The legislation includes the Skil bill.
Not sure if the house is interested in this though.

qplearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson
I know that Hammon Law Firm is one such medical lobby who is figthing for this. Can we get core members to co-ordinate with them?

http://www.hammondlawfirm.com/

http://hammondlawgroup.blogspot.com/

Old 09-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jimi_Hendrix will become famous soon enough
Default Cool..

Sounds like a good piece of news. Please keep us updated.

Old 09-03-2006, 02:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/30/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/30/2004
Compare
gondalguru is a jewel in the rough gondalguru is a jewel in the rough gondalguru is a jewel in the rough gondalguru is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by qplearn
Shusterman.com reports that a senate committee headed by Sen. Cornyn met at a hearing yesterday, and that there is a push for a "must-pass" immigration legislation by year end. The legislation includes the Skil bill.
Not sure if the house is interested in this though.

qplearn
There is nothing like "must pass immigration legislation". Shusterman is talking about "must pass" spending and appropriation bill due in december. All the attachments and amendments to this spending bill must also be passed before the end of year. So if skil bill is attached to the spending bill we have a very good chance of getting it enacted in law by year end.

Old 09-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default must pass

Shusterman does not refer to any spending and appropriation bill on his website. Where did you hear all this? Anyway, I hope you are right, and that the bill is passed; it doesn't matter which bill it is attached to.

Also, strictly speaking there is no such thing as "must pass" legislation for ANY matter. But the president would like to see something passed this year for immigration, and that is well-known.

qplearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondalguru
There is nothing like "must pass immigration legislation". Shusterman is talking about "must pass" spending and appropriation bill due in december. All the attachments and amendments to this spending bill must also be passed before the end of year. So if skil bill is attached to the spending bill we have a very good chance of getting it enacted in law by year end.

Last edited by qplearn; 09-04-2006 at 12:21 PM.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:00 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default bad news

The New York Times reports (on 9/5) that chances of any immigration bill coming up in the 19 days before the recess are near zero because repubs will stay away from it.

Looks like we may have to wait until next year.

qplearn

Old 09-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
TheOmbudsman is infamous around these parts

I am afraid that next year, we may have same or less chances. Look at what these polls say;voters are increasingly angry at incumbents, and one of the major reason is the disappointment over immigration levels. Then the presidential elections will be in 2008, and the same sentiment 'nothing happens before elections' may well arise. If the SKIL bill doesn't go through in the first six months of 2007, then it may approach the 2008 elections and no progress will be made. Again, I hope I am wrong but. Here we go again. Should we call it the SKUL bill ?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/...ion/index.html

Quote:
The New York Times reports (on 9/5) that chances of any immigration bill coming up in the 19 days before the recess are near zero because repubs will stay away from it.

qplearn

Last edited by TheOmbudsman; 09-05-2006 at 11:49 AM.

Old 09-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
rbharol will become famous soon enough rbharol will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOmbudsman
I am afraid that next year, we may have same or less chances. Look at what these polls say;voters are increasingly angry at incumbents, and one of the major reason is the disappointment over immigration levels. Then the presidential elections will be in 2008, and the same sentiment 'nothing happens before elections' may well arise. If the SKIL bill doesn't go through in the first six months of 2007, then it may approach the 2008 elections and no progress will be made. Again, I hope I am wrong but. Here we go again. Should we call it the SKUL bill ?

I read the following encouraging words on www.hammondlawgroup.com blog spot...

While we are confident that the retrogression will ultimately be solved no later than Summer 2007, we have an opportunity to solve it prior to 2007 if we can get our message heard.

Old 09-05-2006, 01:04 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default we don't need you

Ombudsman: It is quite clear what your message is: voters are unhappy at immigration levels, which according to you also includes legal immigration, right?

Actually, the "major reason" is NOT immigration as you point out in that article on cnn. It is the least important reason with only 14% thinking it's important.

We know what you want; you want all these efforts stopped; you want all of us to get dispirited; that's why you keep calling it the skull bill; we actually know who you are. I have said this before, and I will say it again: Please leave this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOmbudsman

Last edited by qplearn; 09-05-2006 at 01:12 PM.

Old 09-05-2006, 01:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
rbharol will become famous soon enough rbharol will become famous soon enough

Quote:

qplearn
I think it will be a strategic mistake on the part of republicans if they do not pass *anything* related to immigration while they control the house.

Old 09-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default agree

Also, the NYtimes article referred exclusively to illegal immigration. I am still hoping that they will pass something at least for legals before Nov.

But we dont need this "Ombudsman" posting anti-immigration messages.

qplearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbharol
I think it will be a strategic mistake on the part of republicans if they do not pass *anything* related to immigration while they control the house.

Last edited by qplearn; 09-05-2006 at 01:25 PM.

Old 09-05-2006, 01:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
knowDOL is on a distinguished road

Yes, we do not want "anti-immigration seekers or people who are hopeful about anti-immigration" in this forum. This should be collective effort of all positive minded people doing some good work.