Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications
Click to log in with Facebook
Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications Track receipt notices, checks and processing delays in 485, EAD and AP petitions.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:18 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
yumyum20 is on a distinguished road
Default What should I do 2 I-485 receipts?

I need help. I had filed 2 I-485 applications. I was thinking that my first application would be rejected due to the incorrect filing fee that I sent but they accepted and I already have a receipt number and fingerprinting appointment next week. The 1st receipt # was issued from the TX Service Center. Today I got the 2nd receipt # from Nebraska. I don't know what I should do? Should I contact the USCIS and withdraw the one in Nebraska. The problem was that I sent two applications because I thought they were going to reject my first one because I sent a $1010 check instead of the $395. Now they both cashed my checks. I doesn't really matter to me but my concern now is since I already have a fingerprinting appointment next week. What should I do? Will they reject both of my applications?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajmalhotra is on a distinguished road
Default Same case here

I did the same thing.

I filed first I-485 on July 6th, but my attorney said that they had messed something up...and need to file second I-485. Second set was filled around August 14th

I received all my receipts as well as EAD from first filling.

So my attorney asked to put stop payment on checks from second I-485, so now when USCIS asks for money...she will withdraw the second case at that time.

Should this work...???

Old 10-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
yumyum20 is on a distinguished road

Yes the bottom line is you have to withdraw one. In my case, I have to write in letter to USCIS in Nebraska becase I did self-filing. I've spoken to an agent a while ago. She said withdrawal will not affect my other I-485. Consult with your attorney. I already have a finger printing appointment next week so I'm goin to withdraw the I-485 receipt from Nebraska.