Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 08-31-2007, 05:41 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation We Need At Least 10,000 At The Rally

There are rumors that we will be around 5000 at the rally. Let's prove them wrong and bring at least 10,000 of our members. I am willing to share more funds for people who so far are not planning to attend, and to advertise and promote the rally as much as possible. Guys, we still have nearly 3 weeks, we can get to 10,000 and beyond! Let's work hard now to accomplish that! Please post your ideas here to make it more than 10,000. Just like telethons have a target donationn amount to be raised, we should have a minimum attendance target for the rally to achieve! We have a HUGE opportunity to make our voices heard here, let's sacrifice and MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!! We will Win!!!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2007, 06:04 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts
Default why can't we count now??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
There are rumors that we will be around 5000 at the rally. Let's prove them wrong and bring at least 10,000 of our members. I am willing to share more funds for people who so far are not planning to attend, and to advertise and promote the rally as much as possible. Guys, we still have nearly 3 weeks, we can get to 10,000 and beyond! Let's work hard now to accomplish that! Please post your ideas here to make it more than 10,000. Just like telethons have a target donationn amount to be raised, we should have a minimum attendance target for the rally to achieve! We have a HUGE opportunity to make our voices heard here, let's sacrifice and MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!! We will Win!!!!!
why can't we count now?? just approx. is also fine, can we have some sort of poll??

Old 08-31-2007, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default poll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munna Bhai View Post
why can't we count now?? just approx. is also fine, can we have some sort of poll??
go check the tri state poll, see if it's crossed 50 responses out of 3,500 + members. to have a poll and make it meaningful you need willing participants. that means many people need to spend a whole 30 secs not thinking about receipts. everyone worries about them- i'm talking here about the significant number that obsess about them. do note that the July 2 thread dies after work hours. so most people who refresh all day do it only at work.

nah! we can't have a poll. it would be a meaningless exercise. my guess is that we will only get people to understand what the problems really are when another knock like July 2 comes along. and that is just too sad....

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 08-31-2007, 06:10 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Default There's so many of us, no excuse not to bring 10,000+!

There are hundreds of thousands of us, stuck in retrogression! There's no excuse not to bring 10,000+ to the rally! Let's think guys! Let's promote the rally more, talk to all your friends, visit blogs, univeristy international associations, etc and spread the word! Let's sponsor people, invest our finances and our time. If there was ever a moment in our lives to do this it is now! Once you get your green card you can go and start your company and be a millionaire if you want. Right now we have to suffer, give our money, time and effort and bring LOTS of people to Washington! Illegals did it for God's sake! Let's GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-31-2007, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down excuses

no jaime, there are excuses:

i did not get a receipt, without that how can i think of GC?

i filed 485. now why should i care?

(top two!)

my work, my family, my dog, my birthday, my fears, my laziness, my apathy, my cynicism and my belief that others are working- why should i?

there are motivated members who cannot come for genuine reasons. we are trying to help them where we can- and they are helping others where they can. but they are far outnumbered by the "this is a forum if you don't want tracking why don't you close it" crowd. and the "who are you to ask me" crowd and " participation is voluntary, don't spam me" crowd- you know the drill.

apparently many have forgotten or never bothered to find out that IV is a grassroots organization that aims to end all retrogression. and they have a distaste for education too. after all they are "highly skilled"

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 08-31-2007, 06:23 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Let's still go for it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paskal View Post

(top two!)

my work, my family, my dog, my birthday, my fears, my laziness, my apathy, my cynicism and my belief that others are working- why should i?

there are motivated members who cannot come for genuine reasons. we are trying to help them where we can- and they are helping others where they can. but they are far outnumbered by the "this is a forum if you don't want tracking why don't you close it" crowd. and the "who are you to ask me" crowd and " participation is voluntary, don't spam me" crowd- you know the drill.

apparently many have forgotten or never bothered to find out that IV is a grassroots organization that aims to end all retrogression. and they have a distaste for education too. after all they are "highly skilled"
Paskal, you are right! Yet there are also thousands of concerned members, and others who don't yet know of IV. Also, any of the people that you mentioned can have a change of heart. People are essentially good if they see the goals and reasons clearly. Let's encourage them, and go for it! Over 10,000!!!

Old 08-31-2007, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Default jaime

i meant to ask this earlier
if you are unable to make it to DC- and if it's for any reason that we can help with at all- please let me know. you can pm if you want.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Call your friends and family in DC

Forget Polls. Polls are no way going to help any one. If people are complacent that they have filed for 485 and can enjoy the ride they are mistaken. If people are worried that their receipts havent been generated in 60 days, they are unnecessarily worried.

If all the people in the DC area who are affected by this participate along with their families, we have more than 10,000 number. As paskal said, my job my vacation, my manager, my time off, my, my ... my. I am talking with people and I explain them. I get a weird response. What can I do? I filed for my 485. I will get my EAD & AP.

I ask those guys what will you do if the economy tanks in Dec/Jan time frame and you lose your job? All the hard work you have done in your job for the past 6-8 years, your manager and nothing comes to rescue on that day.

Its our choice. Its in our hands. Its in our minds to make a decision to actively participate in the rally.

Call your friends in DC and wake them up. Let them cuss at you. Dont give up. Dont give up

Last edited by nixstor; 08-31-2007 at 11:29 PM.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:34 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Thanks man!

Quote:
i meant to ask this earlier
if you are unable to make it to DC- and if it's for any reason that we can help with at all- please let me know. you can pm if you want.
Thanks so much man! Actually I was all set for Sept 13 but have a work appointment on Sept 18, yet I am even thinking of cancelling that to attend. I don't care how expensive it is. This is historic, just like Martin Luther King's Civil Rights movement! We can make history! It's an investment in our future!

Old 08-31-2007, 07:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
Thanks so much man! Actually I was all set for Sept 13 but have a work appointment on Sept 18, yet I am even thinking of cancelling that to attend. I don't care how expensive it is. This is historic, just like Martin Luther King's Civil Rights movement! We can make history! It's an investment in our future!
You voted earlier as a sponsor at
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12441

It seems you contributed to the common IV fund since you didn't hear from us in time on that thread. Sorry to hear that!

If you are willing to help with even $50 more, it is more than welcome at this time, as there are people waiting for 50% airfare sponsorships and there aren't enough sponsors.
Please consider.
Anyways, thanks for all your support for the rally!
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign
PD: Aug 2006. I-485: July, August 2007 @ TSC. I-485 approved on June 15, 2011

Old 08-31-2007, 07:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of
Default Reach out to your friends

I have discussed it with my Chinese co-worker and he asked if this IV's is only for Indian's, I said "NO"

IV is for all the community

And gave him tour of IV's website Guess what, he is joining me now, all we have to do is to reach out to your friends spread the word about the rally

I also had a business trip conflict with the DC Rally; however I decided to talk to my boss and explained him about the Rally. He immediately agreed upon and allowed me to postpone my business trip.

If there is a “WILL” then you will find your way to DC

Go to DC To Get GC

Old 08-31-2007, 07:12 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Lame Excuses and the Reality-Check

I did not get a receipt, without that how can i think of GC?

There are only 2 possibilities - you get RN or you don't get RN

1) You get RN. Congrats you got your - rather overpriced - lottery ticket. Winning the lottery is still far off. Considering 300,000-500,000 apps and 140,000 numbers, chances of winning it soon is as slim as the chance of getting struck by lightning. You might as well laminate it and hang it on the wall.

This will be the only piece of notice we will be seeing for many more years. Unless, of course enough of us get over our collective OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) over RNs and concentrate of real-life action.

Moral of the story : RN is a lottery ticket. Keep it safe. But, don't mistake it to be the prize.

PARTICIPATE.

2) You don't get RN/or Rejected. My sympathies. Your ONLY CHANCE to get RN in the foreseeable future is to end backlogs/retrogression. That wouldn't be possible if YOU didn't participate in the rally. Please don't participate in the rally if you choose to wait 5-7 years, for your next chance to apply.

Don't count on another July 2. It was a flash in the pan caused due to one-upmanship b/n DOS and USCIS. I'm sure both have learnt their lessons well to stage a repeat.

Moral of the Story: Your only chance is if IV succeeds [ because there's no one else interested in you - Highly Skilled or otherwise]

PARTICIPATE.

I filed 485. now why should i care?

You SHOULD care. Because you didn't file 485 just for the heck of it. You filed it to get a GC, and to get a GC - ASAP.

I hate you break your day dreams, chum, but that's not likely to happen for a decade more.

Unless You CARE. About -

a) your CAREER that will remain stagnated
b) EARNING OPPORTUNITIES lost as a result
c) your FAMILY that's the victim of your procrastination

You know whom to blame when you

1) Finally look at a posh home , few years down the line, one that you cannot afford

2) Your kid cannot pay attend a good college and get a good degree, because you cannot afford it.

3) many more regrets....

Dang! If only you had spent 100-300 bucks in the September 18th of 2007 and walked two miles with the others. If you you were not so penny-wise and pound-foolish. Sadly, regrets don't change the reality.

I'm not saying Sep 18th will change the present. It may or it may not. But at least we tried. Even if, God forbid, we fail there's the satisfaction of having tried.

To quote a rather famous Hindi/Urdu saying - Only those that ride the horse (warriors) fall. And not those that grovel on their knees (mental slaves). It is for each of us to decide whether we wish to ride, or we wish to grovel. That's the decision each one of has to make for his/her self. No one else can do it for you.

If you choose to grovel, I give you a friendly advice. You're groveling in the wrong place. If only you were groveling in Saudi Arabia - where goveling would be much appreciated, may be the sheikh might throw in a extra dinar or two - you'd be earning twice as more ( typically 1 Saudi Dinar = 2 dollars).

Quote:

(top two!)

Old 08-31-2007, 07:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcwant has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default is there bus from nashville tennessee

hi

i want to come and i am from franklin tennessee which is 30 miles from nashville tn is a bus ride from some where near to this place

thanks

Old 08-31-2007, 07:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
swadeshi will become famous soon enough swadeshi will become famous soon enough
Default How was the response?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachug22 View Post
I have approached Times of India, Rediff and NDTV to have some coverage for this event. I guess the more coverage we will get the more people will respond.
How was the response? I have contacted the following " The Hindu, Deccan chronicle and some telugu and kannada newspapers and TV news channels" so far no responses, I am planning to speak to my dad and his friends (they retired from the news media recently) to get some responses, but whats the point. The July 2nd fiasco was very well publicized in India, rural India too, even a small village or mandal office issuing birth certificates knew abt the visa bulletin and its reversal!!! and what do we have now...non committal friends who are not interested to come to the rally and some even make fun of it!!

Anyways lets keep trying...
Proud To Have Been To DC with IV!!

Old 08-31-2007, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Default Tn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcwant View Post
hi

i want to come and i am from franklin tennessee which is 30 miles from nashville tn is a bus ride from some where near to this place

thanks
currently it appears that the bus will be from atlanta
please pm ramus and keep in touch with him for more info on that