Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 07-14-2006, 01:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sobers is on a distinguished road
Exclamation SKIL Bill- Democrats on board!

The 45 member New Democrat Coalition supports the main tenets of high skilled immigration. In fact, recently a group of 16 House Democrats sent a letter to Hastert and Pelosi about this matter.

http://www.house.gov/tauscher/ndc/Le...ter-signed.pdf

http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press...edworkers.html

We need to start a lobbying effort to get Democrats to co-sponsor the Hosue SKIL Bill and make this a truly bi-partsan effort and get it moving. Currently all the 11 sponsors/co-sponsors are Republicans.

IV Admin: Can we have a web fax campaign targetting members of the New Democrat coalition? Suggestions welcome.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2006, 07:37 AM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Compare
GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

This is great news. This increases the chances of letting the bill fly through all the obstacles the House.

Old 07-14-2006, 09:26 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nigeria
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of
Angry SkIL bill without a schedule

Not trying to sound pessimistic… but I am tired of hearing about the so called SKIL bill without any sort of timeline attached to it. For all I care it seems to me that it might just lay dormant in the house for one, two or even five years without any consideration. Any one with more info should please throw more light.

Old 07-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light
Default no info

this probably the best info out there. There is industry pressure, bi partisan support, approval from the senate. just a matter of time.

Old 07-14-2006, 09:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
knnmbd is on a distinguished road
Default Any Informtion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabaman
Not trying to sound pessimistic… but I am tired of hearing about the so called SKIL bill without any sort of timeline attached to it. For all I care it seems to me that it might just lay dormant in the house for one, two or even five years without any consideration. Any one with more info should please throw more light.
With so much of steam building up around the SKIL bill, does the IV core team have any time line on when this will even be debated in the House? Is this on the plate for before or after the November elections?

Old 07-14-2006, 09:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wellwishergc is on a distinguished road
Default Pressure will be for H1B

The pressure will be for H1B provisions. I am not sure, if anyone else, except for us who are caught up in retrogression, cares for GC provisions.

what it means is - we need to work harder, utilize lobbying pressure to get all the current provisions in the SKIL Bill cleared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabadaba
this probably the best info out there. There is industry pressure, bi partisan support, approval from the senate. just a matter of time.

Old 07-14-2006, 09:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
srarao will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up How come IV Core Team will know ?

I see lot of mails asking the Core team to come up with some info.
They are also guys like us and they are good to work for us .
If they have any info it is on the site.
Let us not drag them in every discusssion.
Let them do their job.
-Rao.

Old 07-14-2006, 10:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/05/2007
Chargeability
:
Saudi Arabia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
snhn is infamous around these parts snhn is infamous around these parts snhn is infamous around these parts snhn is infamous around these parts snhn is infamous around these parts

suppose this SKIll bill is passed, probablly not this year since election are aboutto happen. what are the chances that EB3 worldwidw will become current when SKILL BILL goes into affect. I am sure there are majority of people here are Eb3 category.

What if someone is got a few monts left before they finsih the Masters, but their process in in EB3. Can they take advantage of this bill. Obviouslly one has to finish the degree first.

thaughts?

Old 07-14-2006, 10:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default IV probably knows this a week before

Folks,

understand IV is a non-profit org and they are not full time employees of IV and getting paid for what they are doing. Entire IV active members and sleeping members are one team with set of goals.

Probably from my experience with IV activities I beleive IV would have known this news a week before. When we are talking about this, they might be working out a plan with QGA. Leave them free and let them do their job. It is not an easy task for volunteers. Each member is in different location and they have to co-ordinate etc etc. I do not know why people are DEMANDING from IV as if they are shareholders.

Old 07-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Compare
GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold

If the provision to let people apply for I-485 without current PD passes, that takes away some pain related to waiting. Nobody can predict when EB3 will become current worldwide or country specific.

Old 07-14-2006, 11:18 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody knows much about when Skil bill will be debated. Webfaxes are a means to influence lawmakers to bring this to the floor of the house. Independent analaysis by a lawfirm based on collection of information from various sources indicates the chance that some business backed bill for high skilled immigrants will be passed this year. There is a 45% chance that it will get passed early next year. You can view details on this link.
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7...t7.11.2006.gif

photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7644/2582/1600/chart_alert7.11.2006.gif

Last edited by pappu; 07-14-2006 at 02:48 PM.

Old 07-14-2006, 11:50 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stucklabor is on a distinguished road

Pappu is right. At this point, no one knows when the SKIL bill will be debated, or if support for it is strong enough that it can even be brought to the floor.

The core team has said this N times and let me say it for the N+1th time. We DON'T HAVE any timelines. All we can do is try to influence but we are a small part of the puzzle. The House and Senate leadership decide what they want to do, based on the larger picture.

We are 5000 members, only 1000 contributing. Is it any wonder that things are at such a pass?

BTW, Pappu, your link didn't work for me.

Old 07-14-2006, 02:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Chargeability
:
Taiwan
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
LCtank can only hope to improve

EB3 retrog is completely hopeless in next 2 or 3 years unless the legislation release is passed. Lobbying is the only way to influence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snhn
suppose this SKIll bill is passed, probablly not this year since election are aboutto happen. what are the chances that EB3 worldwidw will become current when SKILL BILL goes into affect. I am sure there are majority of people here are Eb3 category.

What if someone is got a few monts left before they finsih the Masters, but their process in in EB3. Can they take advantage of this bill. Obviouslly one has to finish the degree first.

thaughts?

Old 07-14-2006, 02:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Chargeability
:
Taiwan
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
LCtank can only hope to improve

This link didn't work for me either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu
Nobody knows much about when Skil bill will be debated. Webfaxes are a means to influence lawmakers to bring this to the floor of the house. Independent analaysis by a lawfirm based on collection of information from various sources indicates the chance that some business backed bill for high skilled immigrants will be passed this year. There is a 45% chance that it will get passed early next year. You can view details on this link.
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7...t7.11.2006.gif

Old 07-14-2006, 02:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
knnmbd is on a distinguished road
Default 2 to 3 years....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCtank
EB3 retrog is completely hopeless in next 2 or 3 years unless the legislation release is passed. Lobbying is the only way to influence.
2 to 3 years is just wishful thinking. This is a permanent problem that we are faced with. Not to mention all the delays at the AOS stage including FBI checks and all that jazz. The only hope is the SKIL bill. WE NEED THIS MORE THAN ANY THING ELSE. I think we are at the cross-roads and this bill will well determine our future in this country