Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Visitor and business visa
Click to log in with Facebook

Old 06-19-2009, 03:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vij2009 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Visitor Visa - Administrative Processing

My parents went to Mumbai consulate for visitor visa, VO issued visa for my mother but my father's visa is kept pending under section 221g (Administrative Processing). After two days my father got call from Mumbai consulate and they asked my father to bring another state's police verification. We do not have any connection (Family, Business or any) with that state. I do not understand why they have asked for it. Has any one gone through such kind of situation? Does anyone have any idea how to get the Police verification for a out of state personal?

Please help.

Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future
Default Your state

Bring Police clearance certificate (PCC) from your state. Show your continues residence documents in that state. This is enough to convince them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij2009 View Post
My parents went to Mumbai consulate for visitor visa, VO issued visa for my mother but my father's visa is kept pending under section 221g (Administrative Processing). After two days my father got call from Mumbai consulate and they asked my father to bring another state's police verification. We do not have any connection (Family, Business or any) with that state. I do not understand why they have asked for it. Has any one gone through such kind of situation? Does anyone have any idea how to get the Police verification for a out of state personal?

Please help.

Thanks

Old 01-08-2010, 03:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
samsanju.corp is on a distinguished road
Default 221g mumbai consulate H1B visa

Interview date 9th dec 2009
Submitted all documents 10th dec 2009 as mentioned below:-

1) Petitioner's Federal Income Tax returns
2) Petitioner's state unemployment wage reports for last 4 quarters.
3) Letter from end client in US on letterhead indicating your services are expected.
4) List of petitioner's employees at your job site including names, titles, salaries, and immigration status.
5) Copy of contract between petitioner and contracting company with detailed job itinerary.

Till date I together with my employer have written 6 emails but there is no response.
I personally visited mumbai Consulate information center but they did't ave me any answer.

Can anyone please tell me how long this whole process will take?

Is there any chance that such case goes into endless loop?

My house and all belongings are in U.S. and I am clueless as what to do

Old 01-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2011
Compare
nagio has much to be proud of nagio has much to be proud of nagio has much to be proud of nagio has much to be proud of nagio has much to be proud of nagio has much to be proud of nagio has much to be proud of nagio has much to be proud of
Default 221g at HYD took 7 weeks

Six weeks it is. Sorry I said 7 weeks.

My wife went for her H1B stamping at HYD on Nov 23rd of 2009. Got 221g pink slip. Submitted response on Nov 25th of 2009. Got her Visa approval on Jan 4th 2010. May be all the holidays in between delayed more by a week or two. Also US consulate say each case is unique in terms of time to get processed. She works for university in bio-tech. Hope this helps.

Last edited by nagio; 01-08-2010 at 08:35 AM.