Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
WhatheHeck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default After seeing August bulletin

Edited

Last edited by logiclife; 07-17-2006 at 05:27 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 07-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold

I can see that EB2 is Unavailable. However, common sense suggests that it will move forward quickly once October rolls around, unlike EB3 (which was 15APR01 and now has gone to 01APR01). relax. also, do keep in mind that the lawmakers and their associates may read our website. Please maintain decorum.

Old 07-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of

The spin should be positive one.. period. We should not send the message that these highly skilled immigrants will leave if they do not get their GC's soon and the US economy is going to lose out because of them. The idea of sending CD is good but the interaction I have had with congressional offices, I got a feel that it is the staff that handles the mail and communications etc and I am not sure if the CD's content will make it to the lawmakers..

I like the idea of sending graduate degree ceritficates of members along with a letter urging the law makers to support SKIL. The message should be that these individuals could be a lot more productive on this land if there is an increase in the options they have, which would eventally lead to more job creation & employment in USA. It might be worthwhile to cite a few cases where the immigrant started the companies which are highly successful.
www.tie.org might be a good place to look for stats and companies started by immigrants.

Old 07-17-2006, 03:49 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

here is my take on this--

- its definately a good approach and we can do something here.

- We need to really brainstorm on this. The brief needs to be more specific and the idea needs to to be very BIG in scope, impact and innovation.

- whatever we do needs to create enough buzz in the media and talk amongst people on the hill.

- the idea needs to reflect our innovative, highly thoughtful and intelligent approach to get lawmakers attention.

- It needs to show that IV is an organization of best and the brightest and denying their cause would adversely affect US interest.

- we need some great marketing ideas here. People with marketing background pls. pitch in here.

- I dont think what we send should be low cost below a dollar. Since there may be 200- 300 maximum items to be sent. (lawmakers). The price can go a bit higher.

- if this is something that senators can bring or talk about it in senate /house its a big bonus for us. If they can display in their office proudly, its a great piece publicity for IV.

Last edited by pappu; 07-17-2006 at 03:53 PM.

Old 07-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
xu1 is on a distinguished road
Default diploma. publications. patents. corporate titles....

I think:

whoever has a US advanced degree, send in a copy of your diploma;
whoever has any advanced degree with a decent list of publications, send in your C.V.
whoever has authored corporate patents, send in your US/foreign patent papers
whoever holds corporate titles, send in your resume
whoever is a college professor, research or teaching college, send in your CV

Old 07-17-2006, 04:31 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xu1
I think:

whoever has any advanced degree with a decent list of publications, send in your C.V.

good idea to create impact and buzz.

after getting such documents IV core can get color photocopies done and make a cover sheet for each book. then at kinkos get the books bound. (same way as the lawyers get it done when they file EB1 or extraordinary cases with lot of documents)

The book needs to be presentable. It will create enough impact on the hill and buzz in the media.

Old 07-17-2006, 04:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vallabhu has a spectacular aura about vallabhu has a spectacular aura about

I agree sending CV’s or Certificates is definitely a very good idea but collecting and organising them from all th qualified members may be a Herculean task and may not be practical in given short time we have, As we are aware that these are staff and not directly to Lawmakers, I would suggest that we send some thing which is decorative and they can leave it on the desk ex: - Pen stand, US flag or Statue of liberty any thing where we can print our message.

Last edited by admin; 07-18-2006 at 09:49 AM.

Old 07-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallabhu
______just kidding, I agree sending CV’s or Certificates is definitely a very good idea but collecting and organising them from all th qualified members may be a Herculean task and may not be practical in given short time we have, As we are aware that these are staff and not directly to Lawmakers, I would suggest that we send some thing which is decorative and they can leave it on the desk ex: - Pen stand, US flag or Statue of liberty any thing where we can print our message.
no i think it needs to sensationalize the issue and hit the nail right in the head. it is all about showing how me make this america competitive with our knowledge, skills and contributions.

Last edited by Sandeep; 07-18-2006 at 10:38 AM.

Old 07-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sobers is on a distinguished road
Exclamation An idea - Send them books!

Earlier I said we should send lawmakers something big, bulky, and impactful (i.e. noticeable). So here's an idea: Send em books!! After all, this is what distinguishes EB Immigrants- their high level of education and skills.

What kind of books? it could be field-specific calculus books, engineering mechanics or some other text. A cover letter should accompany that indicates what kind of people we are, and what they will lose if this process is not reformed soon.

Another idea is to send them this following book which talks about impact of high skilled immigration:
http://www.rienner.com/viewbook.cfm?BOOKID=1519

Other books could include "Flight Capital" by Dr Richard Florida or Dr Anna Lee Saxenian's study "Brain Circulation: How High-Skill Immigration Makes Everyone Better Off" published by the prestigious Brookings Institution
http://www.brookings.org/press/REVIE...2/saxenian.htm

Also include a full page color flyer of this:
http://innovateamerica.org/innovateamerica_ad_full.asp

Last edited by sobers; 07-17-2006 at 05:53 PM.

Old 07-18-2006, 03:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
krassib is on a distinguished road
Default Highly Skilled Immigrants are also Excellent Citizens

Quote:
Originally Posted by xu1
I think:

Hi All,

Many good ideas were brought in this thread.

I also want to underline that most of us are also excellent citizens. Yes, we bring to USA our culture that in addition to our knowledge and high skills shows respect in all people, adds to the life of the communities. All of us can give an examples from communities that we have helped - everyone in different areas. Let eveyone sends to the Senate whatever he or she thinks is best in, outside of work! Maybe you organized event, or soccer game or coached a team! Show the simple truth in addition to our high professional skills! We as parents of our children bring to this country the intelligence it needs for its future, we bring with us the way we lead, the positive way we deal everyday with the people.

Personal example: I have coached 2 seasons boys soccer team (regardless of the difficulties I had initially with the English terminology),my children are all excellent students and leaders in their schools (I have proofs). They are both playing sports (compared to some kids that are doing drugs at school). My wife also has an advanced degree that she cannot exersice because of H4. Does the US government realize what it does when there is a high chanse of loosing not only the H1-B people, but also all their families that already have shown that they are bringing only positive in the US civil life. Do we need to show more evidence?

How can we prove this personal diplomas and from family members, picture from school awards ceremonies, coaching certificates, references from the US Citizens in your community etc.

krassib

Old 07-18-2006, 09:26 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/22/2012
Compare
ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute

Letters of personal stories (community involvement), our degree achievements and the statue of liberty idea mentioned earlier with a punch line should be the most practical initiative.

IV core can some up with the language for the letter (leaving a blank paragraph to include our personal stories) to send. We all can mail our degree documents and achievements to IV mail box (do we have one?) and the punch line can be decided upon brainstorming among IV Core.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krassib
Hi All,

Many good ideas were brought in this thread.

I also want to underline that most of us are also excellent citizens. Yes, we bring to USA our culture that in addition to our knowledge and high skills shows respect in all people, adds to the life of the communities. All of us can give an examples from communities that we have helped - everyone in different areas. Let eveyone sends to the Senate whatever he or she thinks is best in, outside of work! Maybe you organized event, or soccer game or coached a team! Show the simple truth in addition to our high professional skills! We as parents of our children bring to this country the intelligence it needs for its future, we bring with us the way we lead, the positive way we deal everyday with the people.

Personal example: I have coached 2 seasons boys soccer team (regardless of the difficulties I had initially with the English terminology),my children are all excellent students and leaders in their schools (I have proofs). They are both playing sports (compared to some kids that are doing drugs at school). My wife also has an advanced degree that she cannot exersice because of H4. Does the US government realize what it does when there is a high chanse of loosing not only the H1-B people, but also all their families that already have shown that they are bringing only positive in the US civil life. Do we need to show more evidence?

How can we prove this personal diplomas and from family members, picture from school awards ceremonies, coaching certificates, references from the US Citizens in your community etc.

krassib

Old 07-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light
Default send a poster board

scan hundreds and thousands of US diplomas from retorgressed people reduce the size to a business card size. make a collage (all diplomas stiched together in a photo editing software in a grid format) print out multiple copies at kinkos (lets say 33" x 44" E size)...mount it on a poster board and mail it to every rep/senator.

Old 07-18-2006, 10:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mrajatish will become famous soon enough mrajatish will become famous soon enough
Post Great Ideas

Excellent Ideas - please keep posting, I will collect the ideas and make a document out of it for IV core to discuss alternative strategies.

Old 07-18-2006, 10:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snowang is on a distinguished road
Default Photos

I agree with the idea of sending in diplomas, certificates and cv instead of heavy textbooks, research papers or statue of liberty souvenirs. But rather than just sending in black and white texts on paper that are lifeless, I think we should each come up with a creative way to present all these materials in a context where "people" are the focus.

For example, (a not so creative way) we can take a picture holding our diploma and professional certificates (or while coaching a youth team in the community), and under the picture put a few simple but eye-catching bullets of our contributions to the US economy and communities, such as the name of our research publication and a short sentence on its impact, the awards we won in the graduate school, the particular technological innovations we have initiated, etc. This should be fairly easy to do in Photoshop or other image editing software. Of course we need to make sure they can read the important texts on the diploma. We can print it out on high quality photo paper and include a cover letter to indicate the purpose.

This way it's not only brief and easy to read, but eye-catching and plays out the "people" that the bill will be impacting. If we get a lot of this done, IV can even bound these pages with photos into a book for our future efforts.

Some people may be concerned about showing the real person photo, but at this point of the GC torture I don't even care if my picture gets used because this effort is darn important.

Just my 2 cents

Old 07-18-2006, 10:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold qualified_trash is a splendid one to behold

awesome!!

I spoke with a member of IV last night (logiclife) and suggested something on these lines........ I think logiclife will present the same today - or I hope logiclife does, and, we should probably have some critical mass for this idea.

Closed Thread