Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 07-05-2006, 11:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Compare
xbohdpukc is on a distinguished road

ughm... 500
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2006, 08:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dks is on a distinguished road

signed

Old 07-06-2006, 08:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare
Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Done

535 signatures

Old 07-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
njsucks is on a distinguished road

542 total now

Old 07-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts
Default Signed-- Now

Signed now- Total 554

Old 07-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rpatel is on a distinguished road
Default Did it too

I am 547 on the list

Old 07-06-2006, 09:41 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute

Just signed, Just curious what is the next step of this petition after signing,are you going to present this petition to congressmen?

Old 07-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC_Green9 has a reputation beyond repute GC_Green9 has a reputation beyond repute GC_Green9 has a reputation beyond repute GC_Green9 has a reputation beyond repute GC_Green9 has a reputation beyond repute GC_Green9 has a reputation beyond repute GC_Green9 has a reputation beyond repute GC_Green9 has a reputation beyond repute GC_Green9 has a reputation beyond repute GC_Green9 has a reputation beyond repute GC_Green9 has a reputation beyond repute

Signed the petition

Old 07-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
velan is on a distinguished road
Default Signed

Signed. What is next?

Old 07-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sobers is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I just checked....the petition has 611 signatures now.

That is an 80% increase in less than 24 hours. Wow!

the peitition was created by one Mr Chakraborty (anindya28@rediffmail.com) and I think only he has the 'rights' to submit the petition for consideration.

I believe atleast 1,000 signatures (hopefully more, maybe 5,000) will be needed before it can be submitted.

Old 07-06-2006, 11:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
Malaysia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
CWYGC is on a distinguished road
Default Signed

634 now.

Old 07-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Compare
GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold
Default My version of the petiton

No offense, but the original petition looked more accusatory and would not help our cause. So I came up with a revised version which is direct and does the job. Feel free to throw your ideas and improve it.

<<To: President Bush, Honorable House Representatives and Senators>>

We, the undersigned are in full support of the SKIL bill introduced by Senator <<Cornyn>> and Congressman Shadegg and also the other legislations put forth to solve the delays/problems in legal immigration, which legal immigrants in America face today.We also thank all Congressmen and Senators who agreed to co-sponsor the SKIL bill.

In order to maintain and retain the competitive edge in scientific and technological innovation in the world, America needs skilled immigrants and faster assimilation of them into the American Society. SKIL Bill contains provisions to make that happen.

The current immigration procedure is literally "broken". As per the current system, we, the skilled immigrants, have to wait for typically more than eight years, in order to get immigration benefits and a Green card. Backlogs and VISA retrogression are affecting us to the extent that some of us are even questioning "Is the American Dream worth it?". It is our appeal to the leaders of this great nation to alleviate our ordeals by supporting SKIL bill.

- We urge the Senate, the House and the President to pass the SKIL bill and/or other legislation(s) which would increase the annual cap on employment-based Green cards and eliminate "VISA retrogression".

- We urge the Senate, the House and the President to exempt individuals with advanced degrees in Science and Engineering from the annual cap of employment based Green cards.

- We urge the Senate, the House and the President to exempt spouses and children from the annual cap of employment-based Green cards.

Sincerely,

Old 07-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Signed and also emailed my friiends to sign it

Old 07-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jimi_Hendrix will become famous soon enough
Default I disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCwaitforever
No offense, but the original petition looked more accusatory and would not help our cause. So I came up with a revised version which is direct and does the job. Feel free to throw your ideas and improve it.

<<To: President Bush, Honorable House Representatives and Senators>>

We, the undersigned are in full support of the SKIL bill introduced by Senator <<Cornyn>> and Congressman Shadegg and also the other legislations put forth to solve the delays/problems in legal immigration, which legal immigrants in America face today.We also thank all Congressmen and Senators who agreed to co-sponsor the SKIL bill.

In order to maintain and retain the competitive edge in scientific and technological innovation in the world, America needs skilled immigrants and faster assimilation of them into the American Society. SKIL Bill contains provisions to make that happen.

The current immigration procedure is literally "broken". As per the current system, we, the skilled immigrants, have to wait for typically more than eight years, in order to get immigration benefits and a Green card. Backlogs and VISA retrogression are affecting us to the extent that some of us are even questioning "Is the American Dream worth it?". It is our appeal to the leaders of this great nation to alleviate our ordeals by supporting SKIL bill.

- We urge the Senate, the House and the President to pass the SKIL bill and/or other legislation(s) which would increase the annual cap on employment-based Green cards and eliminate "VISA retrogression".

- We urge the Senate, the House and the President to exempt individuals with advanced degrees in Science and Engineering from the annual cap of employment based Green cards.

- We urge the Senate, the House and the President to exempt spouses and children from the annual cap of employment-based Green cards.

Sincerely,
And who is going to sit and edit all this and then re-post it and expect people to sign up again? I think the old petition is quite adequate and reasonable. People here are exhausted with all the information that is already out there. Quite unreasonable to re-do things at this juncture, IMHO.

Old 07-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default let us know the plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobers
There are currently 300+ signatures (including mine). If all IV members sign up, we will have 5000+ ....lending it substantial weight.
What are you waiting for?

http://www.petitiononline.com/legalimm/petition.html
Sobers/whoever is in charge of the petition,

How are you planning to use this online petition?
Let us know how after you get all the signatures online you would apply them for making a strong case. There was some online petition by someone else (done independently) sometime back on IV site and lot of signatures were collected and we never found out if any step was taken after getting all the signatures.