Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Immigration Voice DC Situation Room : 15, 16, 17 Sept

Hello everyone,

We have a reserved a meeting hall starting 5 PM on Saturday (9/15) to 10 PM on Monday (9/17) at the following location:

THIS IS WALKING DISTANCE FROM UNION STATION. MARYLAND, VIRGINIA AND DC MEMBERS, PLEASE SHOW UP, NO EXCUSES.

Concord room
Ballroom level
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
400 New Jersey Avenue, NW ,
Washington , D.C. , USA 20001
Tel: +1 202 737 1234 Fax: +1 202 737 5773

This will be our situation room for gathering, organizing and meeting up for rally and related activities. Please be available here for volunteering and organizing.

Link for Directions:

http://washingtonregency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/services/maps/index.jsp?icamp=propMapDirections

Hyatt on Capitol Hill is walking distance from the Hill and is accessible via metro train. We will have access to printers and internet. Every one is encouraged to get their laptops if you wish to access wireless internet at the Situation room. We will have regular coffee and water served in the meeting room.

The plan of activities:

The plan is that starting 5pm on Saturday (9/15), we plan on gathering at Hyatt meeting room. We will all have to make ourselves available here as soon as we get into DC. There will be multiple simultaneous sessions to plan and coordinate all the four (4) events including every meeting with the lawmaker's office. Chapter Leaders are requested to be present at the Situation room for most part of the weekend. It's going to be lot of fun.....

Still Thinking ...???

If you are still hesitant about the rally, think again. You are going to be missing a lot. If you live within 300-400 miles of DC, its still not too late. Ask for 2 days off tommorow from your boss, and come to DC on Saturday and stay thru Tuesday afternoon.

You really really will regret missing this historic event.

If you are worried about security, permits and legality of the rally, then you should read this and make up your own mind.

Last edited by logiclife; 09-16-2007 at 02:59 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 06:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of
Default The countdown has begun...

SAN JOSE WAS THE BEGINNING, DC WILL BE A HUGE MILESTONE!

(San Jose rally pictures and videos, and Aman's messages from Milpitas, CA meeting can be found at http://morejazzbythebay.wordpress.com)

cheers, and see ya'll in DC!
jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife View Post
Hello everyone,

We have a reserved a meeting hall starting 5 PM on Saturday (9/15) to 10 PM on Monday (9/17) at the following location:

Concord room
Ballroom level

This will be our situation room for gathering, organizing and meeting up for rally and related activities. Please be available here for volunteering and organizing.

Link for Directions:

http://washingtonregency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/services/maps/index.jsp?icamp=propMapDirections

Hyatt on Capitol Hill is walking distance from the Hill and is accessible via metro train. We will have access to printers and internet. Every one is encouraged to get their laptops if you wish to access wireless internet at the Situation room. We will have regular coffee and water served in the meeting room.

The plan of activities:

The plan is that starting 5pm on Saturday (9/15), we plan on gathering at Hyatt meeting room. We will all have to make ourselves available here as soon as we get into DC. There will be multiple simultaneous sessions to plan and coordinate all the four (4) events including every meeting with the lawmaker's office. Chapter Leaders are requested to be present at the Situation room for most part of the weekend. It's going to be lot of fun.....

Still Thinking ...???

If you are still hesitant about the rally, think again. You are going to be missing a lot. If you live within 300-400 miles of DC, its still not too late. Ask for 2 days off tommorow from your boss, and come to DC on Saturday and stay thru Tuesday afternoon.

If you are worried about security, permits and legality of the rally, then you should read this and make up your own mind.
Proud member of IV California/NorCal
I was in Washington, D.C.

on Sep 18th 2007

---------------------------------------------

Old 09-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Go IV

Thanks for the update. See you all on Sep 18th

Old 09-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
IVLageRaho is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Great - Get going

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife View Post
Hello everyone,

Concord room
Ballroom level

Link for Directions:

The plan of activities:

Still Thinking ...???

See you all on Monday

Old 09-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,
Right now I've my flight booked for 18th. But I was wondering if I change my flight to 16th (sunday) and come there, will I be of any assistance to the planning, etc.? I am not a state chapter leader.
Again this can happen only after I get my leave approved, and I get a reasonable flight price. Also if I can come, is there any way for me to share hotel accomodation with others?
Please let me know ASAP. Thanks.

p.s. I am not sure if this thread will be read soon, so I'll be posting the same message in other threads too. Pls bear with me.

- Member of MI IV Chapter
- Contributing $25 monthly since 2007
- Several one-time contributions totalling over $1,500
- Participated in ALL Advocacy Efforts in Washington DC & San Jose since JUL 2007
- I am doing my part, have you done yours to advance our mutual cause?

* If you have the Faith of a Mustard Seed You can say to the Mountain 'Be Moved', and it WILL be Moved!!

** Faith without Action is Futile.

- The Bible

Old 09-14-2007, 02:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
53885 is just really nice 53885 is just really nice 53885 is just really nice 53885 is just really nice

Does anyone have info about parking availability near situation room on Sunday?
* IV is the platform for doers, not a hangout place for sufferers!
* Whiners, earn your GC; Don't expect IV to spoon feed you!

Old 09-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default coming earlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_horizon View Post
Hi guys,
Right now I've my flight booked for 18th. But I was wondering if I change my flight to 16th (sunday) and come there, will I be of any assistance to the planning, etc.? I am not a state chapter leader.
Again this can happen only after I get my leave approved, and I get a reasonable flight price. Also if I can come, is there any way for me to share hotel accomodation with others?
Please let me know ASAP. Thanks.

p.s. I am not sure if this thread will be read soon, so I'll be posting the same message in other threads too. Pls bear with me.
rest assured that you do not have to be a chapter leader to be of help!
all hands are needed on board...

as for sharing a room- i'm sure it's possible- post on the partner thread and contact those guys- also you might consider actually staring a tread with that question- Wanted- Room share or something such!

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 09-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2007
Compare
srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light
Smile

I & manish from NH will be attending our first appointment at 11 AM on monday and will then be able to see you all at the situation room.
--sri

Old 09-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Chargeability
:
Chile
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
luckydog will become famous soon enough luckydog will become famous soon enough
Default parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53885 View Post
Does anyone have info about parking availability near situation room on Sunday?

The following are some parking information, but that may be bit further from situation room.

Parking and Metro Access

Free all-day parking available in Lots A, B, and C in East Potomac Park near the Jefferson Memorial. Spaces are limited and available on a first come, first serve basis. Free 3-hour parking is available near our stop in West Potomac Park on Ohio Drive SW, south of the Lincoln Memorial.

Paid parking for both cars and buses is available at parking lots located at Arlington National Cemetery ($1.25 per hour for the first 3 hours, $2.00 per hour thereafter) and at Union Station, call (202)898-1950.

Metro is Washington's safe, clean, and convenient subway system. Routes are identified by colors, each subway stop is equipped with an information kiosk, and for your added convenience, there are several Metro exits within easy walking distance of our Tourmobile route.
Meet with 5 house members of representative & 1 Senator
I am a proud participant of Sept 18 Rally!!!

Old 09-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bump

Everyone who can make it today - please make it to the situation room

Yes IV needs you all - IV needs your help and support

Old 09-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice
Default Updates from the sit room

http://dcrally.blogspot.com/

"The only person who can truly persuade you is yourself. You must turn the issues over in your mind at leisure, consider the many arguments, let them simmer, and after a long time turn your preferences into convictions." - Milton Friedman

Old 09-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bump

Bump

We made history at the DC rally! This is only the beginning and Victory is the only option. We'll reach it together!

Let's focus on more action to stop the U.S. Reverse Brain Drain! Let's not let the iron cool!

Old 09-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bump

//\\//\\

We made history at the DC rally! This is only the beginning and Victory is the only option. We'll reach it together!

Let's focus on more action to stop the U.S. Reverse Brain Drain! Let's not let the iron cool!

Old 09-17-2007, 06:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iol_joh is on a distinguished road
Default Just got back from India.

I just got back from India. I will not be able to attend the rally. Anything I could do to help.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
arthsidhu is on a distinguished road
Default Please Contribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iol_joh View Post
I just got back from India. I will not be able to attend the rally. Anything I could do to help.
We are already lagging behind in our $40K funding drive. So please contribute genereously so that it helps you