Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 01-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare
conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future
Default make them visible

I think that easiest cure is to make the userid visible, so that receiver can know who gave them red dots. This way a person will think several times before giving a red dot, because he/she may have to justify the reason for giving red dots to the receiver. As of now, anyone can give a red dot with abusive comments without disclosing their user id, and this is a major cause for this misuse. My 2 cents.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future
Default User Id Visibility Can Cause Another Problem

Suppose A gives B red for a genuine reason B may not like the red and now that B knows A has given him red ,there is a possibility of B&A sparring (hopefully) through reds/messages. As far it stays between them it may be fine. Now there is a possibility this sparring could spill into threads and that will create new mess all together worst than the current one, going by the number of discussions that are happening on Red/Green dots right now.

May be disabling the messages is a better idea.

BTW there is red/green but what does violet(ish) dot mean? (though the accompanying message looks good)

Thank you.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare
conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ita View Post
Suppose A gives B red for a genuine reason B may not like the red and now that B knows A has given him red ,there is a possibility of B&A sparring (hopefully) through reds/messages. As far it stays between them it may be fine. Now there is a possibility this sparring could spill into threads and that will create new mess all together worst than the current one, going by the number of discussions that are happening on Red/Green dots right now.

May be disabling the messages is a better idea.

BTW there is red/green but what does violet(ish) dot mean? (though the accompanying message looks good)

Thank you.
Yes, but they can give each other maximum one red only. I do not see how a red message exchange between them can spill over to the threads. Anyway, just a suggestion. If we can find a better solution to this problem, I am for it.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute
Default How come admins find justification?

Soonor or later IV will become synonym of collection of abusive people. From highly educated, qualified, cultured, talented people with promise to change destiniy of USA through wonderful contributions to mean, uncultured, abusive, ...

A civilized, well-cultured, courties and respectful person will distance from IV.
With current trend, IV will become a group of people abusing each other and finding enjoyment through that.

IV, how are you shaping people?

Last edited by Dhundhun; 01-02-2009 at 11:30 PM.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:09 AM
Priority Date
:
May-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/27/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Make red dotting a higher privilege

Green dots have several purposes

1) To identify useful contributors to the forum via reputation points
2) To award special privileges (Chat access etc) to responsible and good samaritans (ppl with some number of green dots) among the forum users

Giving green dots is a positive thing. Its akin to praising/gifting/applauding. Anyone should be allowed to do that.

On the other hand, red dots have purpose too.

1) To discourage frivolous non productive arguments/behavior on the forums
2) To tag and identify trouble makers
3) Prevent irresponsible users from access to any special privileges
4) But it is also being used as a form of expressing disagreement, causing mischeif (unnecessary red dots, abusive comments)

I also think that red dots should negate a previously given green dot (as the system works now). This is because, a bad deed should not go unpunished. Irrespective of past good deeds. And priorly given privileges should be revoked if recent behavior has been bad). And that we don't need a special green dot and red dot rows separately.

And also I disagree with others (Eg Sanju and others ), who do not seem be in agreement with people who complain about receiving unfair red dots. Whether or not with abusive comments, unfairly given red dots are eventually going to affect the special and hard earned privileges one currently has. And why should one not worry and complain about that? If there were no special privileges attached to reputation points then I wouldn't give a damn either and avoid reading comments to protect myself from abusive comments. But that is not the case here. One has to worry about the reputation points.

So to achieve the true purpose of green vs red the current mechanism needs to be tweaked a bit. As I mentioned above no change needed for green dotting. But red dotting is akin to punishment/law enforcement. That privilege (of punishing others) should be rested in the hands of responsible few to maintain proper law & order ! Meaning only well reputed users (Those with some good number of green dots) should be allowed to give a red dot to others. This, on top of the other restrictions already in place (such as, you can't give red dots continuously to the same person etc), would automatically encourage the proper 'red dotting behavior'.

Assuming well reputed users or less prone to frivolous red dotting, this should put an end to this red/green dotting mess and bring some balance back to the forums.

Just my 2 cents.
FP - 2007 Sep
AP - 2007 Dec
FBI Namecheck -- ?? (How to find out?)
FP -- Cleared ?? (How to find out?)

Last edited by optimystic; 01-03-2009 at 01:12 AM.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold
Default waste of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabadaba View Post
Looks like there is someone with a vendetta against me. After logging into my account after a few weeks it looks like someone has been going through my posts (some a year back) and giving me red dots. I am pretty sure its that psycho "Itsnotfunny" user with whom I had a disagreement a few weeks back. Could one of the mods please confirm?
When will we learn that paying attention to the dots is total waste of time. I objected the red dots once, when i thought perticular # of red dots means kicking out the user from the forum. At least the senior members should know that the dot system is part of the s/w, an unwanted feature which can not be seperated, altered or disabled. The admins do not have the source code for it.

folks, please grow up to ignore the dots. your time, energy and site resources can be used in a more constructive manner.

Last edited by EB3_SEP04; 01-03-2009 at 02:13 AM.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute

Got 2 red dots for participating in this thread.

Red dots - whats going... 01-03-2009 08:14 AM And you take red
Red dots - whats going... 01-02-2009 05:26 PM don't bother about this red also

This is no big deal, however we should not encourage these nutcases to do this damage to the renowned forum.

Pappu,

As I mentioned in my PM to you, we should do some damage control before we lose some of our valued members.

Thanks.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Chargeability
:
Georgia
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Got 2 Reds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by copsmart View Post
Got 2 red dots for participating in this thread.

Red dots - whats going... 01-03-2009 08:14 AM And you take red
Red dots - whats going... 01-02-2009 05:26 PM don't bother about this red also

This is no big deal, however we should not encourage these nutcases to do this damage to the renowned forum.

Pappu,

As I mentioned in my PM to you, we should do some damage control before we lose some of our valued members.

Thanks.
I also got 2 RED DOTS ... I don't think, I posted anything to offend anyone.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute

Dhundhun,

I appreciate your signature quote

"Beware of giving RED DOTS - you are reducing chances of getting genuine answer from me to youself as well as fellow legal immigrants - my way of Gandhigiri"

Old 01-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

We are planning to upgrade the forum software soon. Some action will be taken on the red dot issue after this. Not sure yet if we should delete this or disallow comment feature in it or allow comments only from people who have several green dots.Thanks for raising it.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 01-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold

Somebody gave me red for the following post and want to know the comment?

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
Nrc2008064184
dude, whoever you are, you have serious psychological problems.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2007
Compare
GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute

I think smart people understand who is better contributor and they really don't go by dots only!

Why do you care for dumbs?

Old 01-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2007
Compare
gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute

lol..

I have countless red dots on my cp..
all with crazy comments...

If we can change it, atleast displaying the userid will help..atleast we know who the retarded ppl are

485 Approved 08/18/2010

Old 01-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2007
Compare
gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme_GC2006 View Post
lol..

I have countless red dots on my cp..
all with crazy comments...

If we can change it, atleast displaying the userid will help..atleast we know who the retarded ppl are
LOL..some brain fart gave me a red for this post..

Its confirmed that most number of psychos on this planet cannot be located on any of those public information or govt websites..no where else..but right here on IV..

485 Approved 08/18/2010

Old 01-06-2009, 11:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold

Kids stop worrying about Red Card (sorry DOT) and worry about Green Card.
These green dots doesn't mean anything. Several senior members with lot of greens got too many IDs, they use those IDs and give greens to themself. Example is Senthil1, at some point he used to look like Raśl Castro with all reds. All of a sudden he turned super green these days. I don't think everybody is falling in love with him all of a sudden.

BTW I am planning to celebrate 'yabadaba''s 3rd birthday, any one ready for it?
(Just kidding man don't give me reds)

Last edited by langagadu; 01-06-2009 at 11:29 PM.