Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > RFEs and specific queries
Click to log in with Facebook
RFEs and specific queries RFEs and specific queries during Labor certification stage.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/08/2007
Chargeability
:
Bulgaria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of
Default Confusing correspondence from the USCIS

I have a pending I-485 (as you can see in my forum account information). Today a letter came from the USCIS with the following:

_______
Post-Decision Activity

On December 23, 2009, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.
_____

What I don't understand is...I never received any correspondence on a decision from them, why is this a "post decision" activity and what does this message mean? Anyone else seen this before? Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2009, 08:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/08/2007
Chargeability
:
Bulgaria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of Almond has much to be proud of

There were two replies here and now they're gone. Creeeeepyyy

Old 12-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

Never heard anything like this before, but other members in forum might have heard this before. Post the questions in the Ask a Lawyer section and see if you receive any updates. What does your online status show. Come Jan '10, you will be just 2 months away from being current, and may be some action going on, uormally USCIS will process the case and will request DOS for a visa number. Consult your attorney and see if you get more details and also post to the forum what you find. Might help others.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almond View Post
I have a pending I-485 (as you can see in my forum account information). Today a letter came from the USCIS with the following:

_______
Post-Decision Activity

On December 23, 2009, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.
_____

What I don't understand is...I never received any correspondence on a decision from them, why is this a "post decision" activity and what does this message mean? Anyone else seen this before? Thanks
Best thing to do would be to take an InfoPass appointment and talk to an Immigration Officer directly and find out whats going on with your case. Hopefully, its very close to getting approved as your PD is close to being current. Good Luck.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/08/2007
Chargeability
:
Bulgaria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare

Roseball, yeah, you're right, I will do an infopass as soon as I can.

gc_check-I asked my lawyer and he said it just means they're working on it-so basically he has no idea My online status says it's a "post decision activity" and the text in my original post is directly from the online case status. The actual document received from them said pretty much the same thing in less words. I don't get how this is showing as post decision activity with them not having MADE a decision. Unless I got lucky (or unlucky) and they ran out of paper when my turn came to have the form printed.

Thanks guys.