Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > Immigrant Visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

Old 08-04-2015, 12:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
NaCh007 is on a distinguished road
Default **HELP** on update of I 140 EAD Status - Change of employer

Hi,

Here is my current situation

- On H1B from 2007
- Approved I-140 under EB2 from India
- Priority date May 2011

Can I change my employer now? Do we have chances of getting I-140 EAD soon? I got an offer from a company who are ready to process my GC immediately upon joining, but not sure how long will it take to come to to I-140 stage again. Any ideas on timelines?

Please advise whether this is the right time to change the employer or the rule 1615-AC05 will come into effect this october, 2015?

Thanks,
Naren
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2015, 01:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
s416504 has much to be proud of s416504 has much to be proud of s416504 has much to be proud of s416504 has much to be proud of s416504 has much to be proud of s416504 has much to be proud of s416504 has much to be proud of s416504 has much to be proud of s416504 has much to be proud of s416504 has much to be proud of

You should request current employer to hold on you GC process. Simulteneously join & start processing GC from New Employer. If current employer agrees, you are free bird to switch employer.
If New employer don't proceed/Issue with GC, As soon as PD is current, You have choice of filing I485 with current employer & join back to current employer on GC.

No issue when Rule 1615-AC05 come into effect.

Old 08-04-2015, 02:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
NaCh007 is on a distinguished road

Thank you fore you reply.

These are big product based companies and not possible to join them back whenever I want to.

' No issue when Rule 1615-AC05 come into effect. ' - Can you please elaborate on this? Any optimistic timelines by when 1615-AC05 will come into effect?

If 1615-AC05 comes into effect from this october 2015, then I think,. I should wait rather than jeorpardizing my situation, by restarting my GC process from beginning again.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Old 08-04-2015, 04:34 PM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaCh007 View Post

These are big product based companies and not possible to join them back whenever I want to.

' No issue when Rule 1615-AC05 come into effect. ' - Can you please elaborate on this? Any optimistic timelines by when 1615-AC05 will come into effect?

If 1615-AC05 comes into effect from this october 2015, then I think,. I should wait rather than jeorpardizing my situation, by restarting my GC process from beginning again.

Please advise.

Thanks.
Do not jeopardize your career waiting for a regulation that is yet to pass. If the new job means a good career move for you my recommendation is for you to take it.

As long as your I-140 is active.

Old 08-04-2015, 05:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny0101 is on a distinguished road

I am in the same situation. PD is 2008 but in EB3. The new employer is willing to do EB2 after 6 months. This has been the most stressful time i have to go through. After waiting so long hate to miss on the chance of filing for EAD/AP/I485. Please provide some guidance.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny0101 View Post
I am in the same situation. PD is 2008 but in EB3. The new employer is willing to do EB2 after 6 months. This has been the most stressful time i have to go through. After waiting so long hate to miss on the chance of filing for EAD/AP/I485. Please provide some guidance.
Take the offer and port the PD. EB2 2008 is much better than EB3 2008.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaCh007 View Post

Please advise.

Thanks.
Below is what I had posted before and the same advice still stands as no new information is available about when the I-140EAD/AP will go into effect:

Although I have no inside info nor am I trying to predict anything, just sharing my logic in hope of helping people make the right decision for their situation.

It is reasonable to assume that any "significant" visa movement is not going to happen until the new fiscal year based on available info on visa bulletin trends. If this happens first thing Oct 1st, 2015 and we all file I-485, then too you will have to wait 6 months before AC21 kicks in. You are free in March 2016!

All goes well, we also know that I-140 EAD/AP will also likely happen around March 2016. Then you file EAD/AP and after approval (typically 90 days), you are free in June 2016!

In any of two scenarios above, you will get your GC when your turn comes anyway (unless HR 213).
So:
1) If you can work on the same job until June 30th, 2016 (1 years from now) and not willing to go through the hassle of starting over PERM/I-140/Recapture of PD in addition to H1/H4 extensions, hang tight and help IV in whatever way you can
2) If you are offered your dream job that you hope to get only with a GC, you mission is accomplished if the new employer is willing to do steps in 1) above. Still help IV.
3) If you want to open a business right now, use the H4 spouse!

Old 08-05-2015, 11:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
max4438 is on a distinguished road

@DMX17

Thanks, I saw your advise earlier and iitis the best I've seen with good assumptions regarding timelines.

My only concern now after seeing the recent developments is if it is wise to depend on EAD and//or AP for I140. Recent reports have refrained from mentioning this piece. This is of course speculation from my end. I understand that no one here has any new information apart from what is released publlically. However, still worth taking note of as an assumption that nothing gets done and status quo is maintained.

Old 08-05-2015, 01:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Max...

I share your frustration and I have shared I need this rule like yesterday. But my wish and discussing what the new rule may or may not contain etc. does not help anyone.

I know the senior members on various fora have and continue to speculate and often go in circles. That is entertaining but does not change anything.

I think it will be prudent to go on with life (not only career) with the known information. The report is out for some time now and there is no point in ruminating over that.

Old 08-05-2015, 02:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
max4438 is on a distinguished road

DMX,

I agree, the only wise action to take is to support IV and its initiatives while making career/life decisions expecting status quo to remain. Sounds stoic but better than feeling disheartened every month and browsing forums endlessly.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitinglongtime is on a distinguished road
Default Why we have file I-485 and I-140 EAD/AP both

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post
Below is what I had posted before and the same advice still stands as no new information is available about when the I-140EAD/AP will go into effect:

Although I have no inside info nor am I trying to predict anything, just sharing my logic in hope of helping people make the right decision for their situation.

It is reasonable to assume that any "significant" visa movement is not going to happen until the new fiscal year based on available info on visa bulletin trends. If this happens first thing Oct 1st, 2015 and we all file I-485, then too you will have to wait 6 months before AC21 kicks in. You are free in March 2016!

All goes well, we also know that I-140 EAD/AP will also likely happen around March 2016. Then you file EAD/AP and after approval (typically 90 days), you are free in June 2016!

In any of two scenarios above, you will get your GC when your turn comes anyway (unless HR 213).
So:
1) If you can work on the same job until June 30th, 2016 (1 years from now) and not willing to go through the hassle of starting over PERM/I-140/Recapture of PD in addition to H1/H4 extensions, hang tight and help IV in whatever way you can
2) If you are offered your dream job that you hope to get only with a GC, you mission is accomplished if the new employer is willing to do steps in 1) above. Still help IV.
Thanks for information,
I have one question, You said If this happens first thing Oct 1st, 2015 and we all file I-485, then in next paragraph you said file EAD/AP

If we file I-485 on Oct 2015, then why we have to file EAD/AP on March-2016. Because I-485 includes EAD/AP.

Please advise/explain.
Thanks

Old 08-05-2015, 07:13 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
neodyn55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMX17 View Post

So:
Not to mention if the rule allows non-revoked I-140s from previous employers (provided you stayed 1 year after I-140 approval), you wouldn't need to wait for your current employer to go through PERM and I-140 all over again. In that case, you'll be fine anyway.

The EAD is only useful if your future employer is averse to filing H1Bs. If he's not, there's only a little bit more you can gain.

I-140 portability is huge though.

I would say if the offer is really good and close to your "dream job" then go for it. All this stuff will work itself out over the next few years.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
neodyn55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Also, I don't know if IV has any inside info, but the October dates are supposed to result in modest forward movements. I'm not sure it'll be everyone current like 2007. That was a debacle and it actually took threat of lawsuit to keep the dates current for the whole month.

I'm not sure that admin will ever try something like that again, so keep that in mind.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinglongtime View Post
Thanks for information,
I have one question, You said If this happens first thing Oct 1st, 2015 and we all file I-485, then in next paragraph you said file EAD/AP

If we file I-485 on Oct 2015, then why we have to file EAD/AP on March-2016. Because I-485 includes EAD/AP.

Please advise/explain.
Thanks

1) that statement was made two months ago where WE ALL meant those who speculate that they will be current in Oct
2) So if you can file AOS/EAD/AP based on dates current, of couse you would not file EAD?AP again with I-140 EAD

Again, please please do not take me seriously. I am just a forum member supporting IV in their efforts because last year this time the legal community has NOTHING to look forward to and now we have this possibility.

Old 08-06-2015, 09:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodyn55 View Post
Not to mention if the rule allows non-revoked I-140s from previous employers (provided you stayed 1 year after I-140 approval), you wouldn't need to wait for your current employer to go through PERM and I-140 all over again. In that case, you'll be fine anyway.
I had asked the same question before and I believe the asnwer was we don't know until we know the final rule/follow-up FAQs etc.

In my opinion, the EAD/AP combo (?) card if given for three years (?) is much better than H1/H4 extensions because it's cheaper, something you can do yourself, it allows to you apply for jobs that specifcally ask for people with employment without any rescrtictions.