Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 11-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another Roll Call add?

Suggestion for another add in Roll Call newspaper. Sorry, would have brought it up in the state chapter, but for some reason can't access Yahoogroups from work.

================================================

Why did I come to US for Graduate Studies?

This is a question more than hundred-thousand ex-students from India and China are asking themselves.

The reason: After waiting for 5-10 years, they still face a very bleak possibility of employment based immigration to US. Compare this to a student from Timbuktu, who does not have to wait at all.

NO OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD OFFERS SUCH BIASED IMMIGRATION POLICY TO INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS FROM ABOVE COUNTRIES.

Immigration Voice urges US Congress to act now. This is not issue that can wait till after presidential elections. Please help future prospect students know that when it comes to Employment based immigration US doesn't discriminate.

Footnote: We can add point 2 from our list here.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2007, 09:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Cameroon
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
claudia255 will become famous soon enough

Retrogression also affects people from ROW even if you have a Masters degree. ROW applicants who have a Masters degree might have an occupation for which a Masters is not the true minimum requirement; therefore will apply under EB-3 ROW and face a future as bleak as applicants from India and China under EB-2. Retrogression affects EVERYONE. If IV decides to have another Roll Call ad, the ad should portray that retorgression affects the entire applicant pool.

Last edited by claudia255; 11-15-2007 at 11:02 AM.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudia255 View Post
Retrogression also affects people from ROW even if you have a Masters degree. ROW applicants who have a Masters degree might have an occupation for which a Masters is not the true minimum requirement; therefore will apply under EB-3 ROW and face a future as bleak as applicants from India and China under EB-2. Retrogression affects EVERYONE. If IV decides to have another Roll Call ad, the ad should portray that retorgression affects the entire applicant pool.
Agreed

Got Green but still working at IV

Old 11-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudia255 View Post
I agree with you, but our chances are more where their self interest is more obvious. That is the reason our cause is always tied with the cause of H1-B increase. Self-interest is the reason Companies can lobby and make senators push for an increase in Opt duration.

If we scare them that future foreign students will run away, it may provide some motivation for action. We need to launch a visible way of warning prospective students in our origin countries.

All of us know that US wants to maintain an influx of foriegn students. Demand/supply dynamics for students are as much favorable for students then the H1-B dynamics are. We need to send a message to congress, that you have screwed ex students, and the future prospect students need to know this well in advance.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Cameroon
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
claudia255 will become famous soon enough

another one, you couldn't be more right. We are 20,000 strong but unfortunately we are not as powerful as corporations. What we can only do is convince lawmakers to pass legislation that will alleviate the problems we face.
As you mentionned, we could launch an awareness campaign especially targeting college students and prospective international students. However, this will take a long time. Remember, prospective students cannot understand the challenges until they face them themselves. Even this year's class will get 29 months on OPT! I would have never dreamed of that when I graduated a few years ago.It will take those students three years to realize the challenges they face. Talking to everyone we know will be much more effective.
I am not a defeatist. We shall overcome.