Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dante1271 View Post
I went to the DC rally anyway...
I meet new friends but cant remember all their unusual names (FBI name check problem , just kidding) ...
pose for a picture in front of the US Capitol...
see the White House live!!!...
got inside the US congress buildings (was little embarassed, wearing jeans during lobbying )...

see old-time friends in DC and have lunch at Chipotle near Tysons Corner mall...
watch some drivers get angry due to the traffic caused by the parade (huh!)...
lost some carbs due to walking, ...
saw nice gals jogging on the streets of DC at the parade route...
5 hours sitting down in the airplane from CA to DC, 5 hours again from DC to CA...
LASTLY, HAPPY JUST BEING THERE FOR THE IV Cause...

P.S. they have good food inside the US congress cafeteria...

Thanks to Drona and Ramesh for making my trip happend.
---
Dante: Thanks for coming.

I wanted to take your advise and explore how to get Philipino community involved with IV. Please send me or Drona a PM

Old 09-20-2007, 07:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Excellent thread

Please keep writing your amusing experiences - this thread is an inspiration to everyone.

For those who did not attend - this thread is to just make you feel nice and comfortable about IV folks - we are all sweet fun loving people who are standing up for ourselves.

IV members were all extremely delighted when they saw real people behind handles.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:24 AM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vasa is a jewel in the rough vasa is a jewel in the rough vasa is a jewel in the rough vasa is a jewel in the rough
Wink

you guys must have seen me with my 3 kids in a stroller and my wife handing out flowers and holding a placard...
it was an experience in itself, a good one
with lasting memories

cheers
vasa
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2007, 08:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasa View Post
you guys must have seen me with my 3 kids in a stroller and my wife handing out flowers and holding a placard...
with lasting memories

cheers
vasa
Actually - missed you. Please share a pic - I did think I saw u but unable to recollect

Old 09-20-2007, 09:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wonderful experience

It was a wonderful experience for me and my wife to meet with the congressmen. Most of them were straightforward and would say whether they agree or disagree with you. The need to differentiate our cause and clearly communicate our agenda became very obvious in the meetings. We need to continuously reinforce the points.

IV did an excellent job organizing the meetings and made it so easy for people like us to participate and contribute to the cause.

From my own experience i can say that taking concrete steps reduces the anxiety of uncertainty, whatever maybe the eventual outcome. That in itself is a reason enough to act.

As i said earlier we need to continuously reinforce our points to the congressmen. Those who missed this opportunity to reduce their anxiety would definitely have more opportunities coming their way in the future.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default tidbit

i guess there may never be time to write the multitude of stories so here's a little one...

i arrived saturday morning and went through a comedy of errors before reaching the comfort inn that many of us were to stay...was hungry and tired and wondering where everyone was...and then nixstor turns up with the very best home cooked food possible....aman arrived too and after a mad scramble to arrange plates we all consumed it like we had never eaten before...memories of that meal are making me hungry again...

hey nixstor...thanks (for that and a lot more)...convey that to your wife please...since she did the hard work!

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 09-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vasa is a jewel in the rough vasa is a jewel in the rough vasa is a jewel in the rough vasa is a jewel in the rough

i was with my wife Kanika, who handled lobby day meetings. i did post some picture links in other thread..

Cheers
vasa

Old 09-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Smile we all saw you

Quote:
i was with my wife Kanika, who handled lobby day meetings. i did post some picture links in other thread..

Cheers
vasa
thanks for the effort!
it was great to see all the A's (and the one non A) in person

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 09-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all
Default Where are my clothes??

The three days were packed with drama - Like any good drama, this too had it's moments of tension, action, and humor....the funniest one was:

Right before the rally when Aman was EXTREMELY busy, he actually had 30 seconds for each reporter. Our sweet little Jane walks up to him and asks "Aman where are my clothes?"
Aman had the funniest expression on his face

Here is the background : All of us had stayed in the same hotel and at the check out time we had kept out luggage in the baggage room. Aman had the tags of Jane's bags and Jane thought that Aman would get her luggage @ the rally!

Guys u had to be there - It was hilarious

Meenal

Old 09-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

Great, I did see you. Lets catch up at the next rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by 485_se_dukhi View Post
Hi Niloufer,

Both my husband and I wore bright green T-shirts and were pushing a pink stroller...

Somebody in the rally in fact remarked that our green T-shirts matched the idea of getting green cards...

Here's the link to some of our pix at the rally...

http://picasaweb.google.com/preetisi...tember18th2007

I was hoping to meet you but in all the rush and excitement, missed you...but I'm glad to see you in the other pix...your daughter is just too cute!!

take care,
Preeti

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 09-20-2007, 11:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all
Default Actual conversation

Keep the Aroras seperate , that is, Puneet Arora and Sumita Arora....these guys would not miss a single chance to beat each other up. (not related-clarification!)

Here is a scene I was in:

Paskal(Puneet) is driving - Sumita is sitting on the passenger seat - we have no idea where we are going. It is 2:00a.m and we are REALLY hungry and tired...

Sumita "I will give you directions from my Tom - Tom " I think she meant GPS.

Puneet (after taking several wrong turns) "It is not a Tom - Tom"?

Sumita- " whateverer it is , it gives me directions and I talk to it" (She was spending 4 hrs. driving each day with this TomTom ).

Puneet - "ok, let's follow our friends".

Sumita dials.

Vandana(in the other car) - "Yeah you can follow us".

Puneet - "well where are you guys"

Vandana - "We are trying to figure out, I don't know how we got here - Let me consult my GPS"

This is what happens when you are sleep deprived, food deprived - all the gadgets in the world cannot help you.

Jane( a chinese) - "why do you guys have to eat anyway, it is time to sleep???"

Last edited by paskal; 09-20-2007 at 02:18 PM. Reason: people keep asking- thought i would clarify :-)

Old 09-20-2007, 12:02 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
indio0617 has a spectacular aura about indio0617 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
with lasting memories

cheers
vasa
Vasa.

It was a great selfless gesture from you and your wife driving all the way to DC with 3 kids to manage as well.

Thank you.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
indio0617 has a spectacular aura about indio0617 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenwaiting View Post
The three days were packed with drama - Like any good drama, this too had it's moments of tension, action, and humor....the funniest one was:

Right before the rally when Aman was EXTREMELY busy, he actually had 30 seconds for each reporter. Our sweet little Jane walks up to him and asks "Aman where are my clothes?"
Aman had the funniest expression on his face

Here is the background : All of us had stayed in the same hotel and at the check out time we had kept out luggage in the baggage room. Aman had the tags of Jane's bags and Jane thought that Aman would get her luggage @ the rally!

Guys u had to be there - It was hilarious

Meenal
Ha Ha Ha . This was hilarious. Could not stop laughing....

Old 09-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
gdhiren will become famous soon enough gdhiren will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by singam View Post
I was that guy; yes it was heavy
Still you asked me to put that box on it which I was carrying!! Bravo. Thanks, Man. It was that water, which kept us going.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

i owe that to kanika... she is the one who was commited and i was doing my part watching kids and making sure that they do have some fun...
this is what they have learnt:

Washin-ton
monu-ment
white house
smith-sonan..

and some more funny names.

and when we went to Hyatt the third time on monday, my daughters says... i dont want to go to mommy's office.
cheers vasa