Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

View Poll Results: What did you do TO GET GREEN IN SEPTEMBER?
Opened SR for primary applicant 24 51.06%
Opened SR for dependant applicant 11 23.40%
Submitted letter by lawyer to NSC/TSC - AILA 4 8.51%
Contacted Senator/Congressman to inquire with USCIS 8 17.02%
Called NSC/TSC daily 3 6.38%
Spoke with higher rank/IO multiple times 7 14.89%
Infopass 13 27.66%
Did nothing - it just works that way! 20 42.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
kubmilegaGC will become famous soon enough kubmilegaGC will become famous soon enough
Default did you open SR for your spouse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy View Post
Thanks kubmilegaGC!

I will call the senators immigration liaison tomorrow. Hopefully she will not tell me that they cannot do anything besides what they have done because that is what they told me in September last year when I got a standard response last year.

Unfortunately nobody understands the pain and agony we are going through. For them, its just another day at the office, they couldnt care less. Nevertheless, I am going to try tomorrow.....hey, cant give up that easy.

I will call CS again tomorrow, I dont mind being yelled at and I am gonna tell her this time that I have not opened a SR. Atleast, she will then transfer my call to a IO.

Let's see what tomorrow has in store for me!!
do you have SR opened for your wife?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy View Post
Thanks kubmilegaGC!

I will call the senators immigration liaison tomorrow. Hopefully she will not tell me that they cannot do anything besides what they have done because that is what they told me in September last year when I got a standard response last year.

Unfortunately nobody understands the pain and agony we are going through. For them, its just another day at the office, they couldnt care less. Nevertheless, I am going to try tomorrow.....hey, cant give up that easy.

I will call CS again tomorrow, I dont mind being yelled at and I am gonna tell her this time that I have not opened a SR. Atleast, she will then transfer my call to a IO.

Let's see what tomorrow has in store for me!!
Request the CSR to transfer the call to an IO.. thats what I did today... IO seemed knowledgeable than all CSRs I talked to...

Opened SR for my wife.. it seems opening SR for wife's case did a trick to few cases...

Keeping fingers crossed.....
I-485 ND 18-Sep-2007
I-485 Soft LUD 31-Mar-2009
I-485 RFERR 18-Aug-2015
GC Approved!! 1-Sep-2015

Contribution - $225 till date

Old 09-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of
Default I have tried that...

Thanks @ geesee.

I was transferred to a IO yesterday. She was rude, told me that I should not be calling since they responsed to the first SR that was opened by my attorney on 09/01.

Not sure if you read the other thread, but I have got 2 responses from USCIS so far - one for inquiry that was sent when I took the Infopass and the other one that was opened by my attorney.

Response that I got for inquiry from my Infopass was " Based on the additional documentation provided, your case qualifies for expedited processing. You should hear back from us in 60 days. If you do not hear back in 60 days, please call us back".

I havent provided any documentation to them in the last 2 years, after my FP was done in September 2007.

So when I talked to the IO, she read out that message to me and in a subtle way asked me "What part of that message do you not get"?? I was trying to explain the situation to her, and before I could finish - she said "Sir, I got to move on and take other calls, please dont call back before November 15th".

And then she said the part that chuckles me the most - Sir, is there anything else you would like to me repeat, or do you have any other questions.....??

Hell yeah, I only have one question - when will I get the magic email??

Old 09-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light

@ caliguy
yeah its a matter of luck to get a better IO.. I would wait for couple of days before calling them back.. I wonder how they randomly give different wait times.. At the time of opening SR, I was told to wait for 45 days.. other CSR told me to wait for 30 days.. and I see you have been told to wait for 60 days...

but hang in there man.. we will get green soon...

i have an infopass scheduled for 25th... really hoping to get an approval before that..
I-485 ND 18-Sep-2007
I-485 Soft LUD 31-Mar-2009
I-485 RFERR 18-Aug-2015
GC Approved!! 1-Sep-2015

Contribution - $225 till date

Old 09-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of caliguy has much to be proud of

@ geesee

Do you know if they have a record of everytime we talk to the CSRs?

I have only been able to talk to an IO once, and I feel they definitely have more info than these CSRs who are sitting there like bots. To get to the IO, I basically had to tell them that I have not opened a SR so far (which was not true).

When I tried calling yesterday, I told the CSR, that my attorney opened a SR on 1st September and if she could kindly transfer my call to a IO. She said she will not be able to transfer my call, as I had already opened a SR. When I told her that I already got a response for the SR, so I now need to open another SR, she said she cannot as it asked me to wait for 60 days. I requested her a couple times to please transfer me to a IO, she said, Sorry, cannot do it as you have already opened a SR.

I am planning to call them next week again, will tell them I have not opened a SR yet. Atleast, I will then get to talk to a IO.....!!

Old 09-18-2009, 03:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold
Default posted in another thread.. but is still relevent here

To Can2004, kubmilegagc, adobe howm, sriswam, MerciesOfInjustices
Seeing your postings gives me hope of getting GC this time.

Irritated with the lack of transparency and pathetic Customer service.

Created SR :- std reply blah blah.. under review..wait for 60 days.
Twice talked to IO :- First time response.. we are working on your case..
second response :- As per our info on my screen, it is not yet assigned to IO and neither pre-adjudicated. One person says one thing and another says another thing. I do not know what screen they are looking and how they are pulling info. What is the point of puting CSR if they have half baked info or worse no info on where the case is.
Have infopass appt late next week. Guess another garbage collecton day..:-)
I 140 approved
I 485 Date received July/20/2007
RD July/20/2007
ND Aug/17/2007
FP Oct/5/2007
EAD/AP - Received
GC interview date Nov/2009
GC approved Feb/17/2010

If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
kubmilegaGC will become famous soon enough kubmilegaGC will become famous soon enough
Default gave response in another thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by apb View Post

second response :- As per our info on my screen, it is not yet assigned to IO and neither pre-adjudicated. One person says one thing and another says another thing. I do not know what screen they are looking and how they are pulling info. What is the point of puting CSR if they have half baked info or worse no info on where the case is.
I responded in our ever favorire sept 2009 thread...please read there some of my comments..
@cali - how are you doing buddy? doing alright?

Old 09-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of
Default Recd the cards

Recd the cards today (9/23/09)

CPO E Mail recd on (9/15/09)

Thank Q IV

Good Luck to all

Old 09-23-2009, 11:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Default congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrajs View Post

Thank Q IV

Good Luck to all
Good to know..I had a soft LUD 9/23 after the hard one on 9/22 (approval notice sent email, 5th step) - still waiting for cards....any SLUDs after the approval notice sent updates?

Old 09-23-2009, 11:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Default congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrajs View Post

Thank Q IV

Good Luck to all
Good to know..I had a soft LUD 9/23 after the hard one on 9/22 (approval notice sent email, 5th step) - still waiting for cards....anyone with SLUDs after the approval notice sent updates?

Old 09-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
fatjoe is a jewel in the rough fatjoe is a jewel in the rough fatjoe is a jewel in the rough fatjoe is a jewel in the rough
Default Application Assigned to IO- How long would it take to make a decision

If possible taken an infopass appt. They might be able to tell you the correct status of your appln.
BTW: Does any one know how long does it take for a decision to be made on an application once it has been pre-adjudicated and assiged to an IO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apb View Post

Old 09-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Default and the card arrives...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubmilegaGC View Post
I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS...this morning 10:00AM CST we got the CPO emails for both of us...

I just can not thank Aall of you enough and the IV community for the support they have provided over the last few years - especially since Sept 1.

THANK YOU GOD - THANKS FOR LISTENING.

I will be around - not going anywhere and will support IV efforts!

BEST OF LUCK FOR THOSE WHO ARE WAITING...Believe me "appka bhi number aayega" I was loosing hopes - since Sept 1 when saw number of approvals after my PD/RD/ND etc..but there is really nothing that can predict this system.

Here is my journey - encapsulated:

PD- June 04
I485 files on July 2nd 2007 - NSC
RD 8/4/2207
SR #1: 9/4/2209
SR #2" 9/11/2209
Senator contact: 9/10/2009 and 9/11/2009
Infopass: 9/15/2009
CPO emails: 9/17/2009

Hang in there - open SRs and contact your senators!!!
....and the final step #6 is done - got the physical cards at home today. One long journey comes to an end!!!

Wishing LUCK for everyone who's still waiting!

Old 09-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Default we got CPO after 6 days after assigned to an IO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatjoe View Post
If possible taken an infopass appt. They might be able to tell you the correct status of your appln.
BTW: Does any one know how long does it take for a decision to be made on an application once it has been pre-adjudicated and assiged to an IO?
9/11 - assigned to IO
9/17 - CPO

Hope this helps!

Old 09-25-2009, 12:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of
Default Soft LUD on 9/21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubmilegaGC View Post
Good to know..I had a soft LUD 9/23 after the hard one on 9/22 (approval notice sent email, 5th step) - still waiting for cards....anyone with SLUDs after the approval notice sent updates?
Soft LUD on 9/21/09, - TSC, The cards were mailed on 9/21/09 from TSC and we recd it on 9/23/09 - NJ

Old 10-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold
Default LUD - case moved to local office

Hard and Soft LUD recently stating case moved to local office. Does anybody has any idea on timeframe for interview call? Dates being current I want it asap.
I 140 approved
I 485 Date received July/20/2007
RD July/20/2007
ND Aug/17/2007
FP Oct/5/2007
EAD/AP - Received
GC interview date Nov/2009
GC approved Feb/17/2010

If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.