Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aps has a spectacular aura about aps has a spectacular aura about aps has a spectacular aura about
Default California Driver License Secure Card delays

I have applied for my driver license extension on March first week using my EAD card and still waiting for the drivers license. So, I called the DMV to check my status and they informed that the legal presence verification department is still working on it and asked me to call their office. I called that office and updated them that I have been waiting for almost 8 weeks and want to find out the status.The customer service person was nice and told me that it will take longer for the DHS to verify it and asked me to fax my EAD card to her so that she can try expediting. No information about extension of temporary license as well. Any body in this situation? what you have done to expedite and get the license.? Thank you for your feed backs and information.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aps has a spectacular aura about aps has a spectacular aura about aps has a spectacular aura about

any feed backs?

Old 05-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aps View Post
I have applied for my driver license extension on March first week using my EAD card and still waiting for the drivers license. So, I called the DMV to check my status and they informed that the legal presence verification department is still working on it and asked me to call their office. I called that office and updated them that I have been waiting for almost 8 weeks and want to find out the status.The customer service person was nice and told me that it will take longer for the DHS to verify it and asked me to fax my EAD card to her so that she can try expediting. No information about extension of temporary license as well. Any body in this situation? what you have done to expedite and get the license.? Thank you for your feed backs and information.
I have almost ditto situation, minus EAD. I plan on calling them again and try to bug them into submission

Old 05-04-2011, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default slow

They are slow beyond belief. I first applied by mail, using the form they sent. With mu license almost expired, no response. Called them and after long waits, finally spoke to someone who told me I was not even in the system. Next I walked into the local DMV and waited in line for an agent. There, they looked at my EAD and made a copy. Gave me an extension document and told me that I would get my license in the routine time. In a few weeks, it arrived.

If you have not gone to the local DMV, please do it. They will verify the EAD there and you will be in the regular process. The mail system is worthless.

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 05-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kumara121 is infamous around these parts kumara121 is infamous around these parts kumara121 is infamous around these parts kumara121 is infamous around these parts kumara121 is infamous around these parts kumara121 is infamous around these parts

You can go to the DMV and get an extension. The delay is happening for all the people on H1 and EAD.

So goto the DMV and get the temp license again.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/13/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2012
Compare
grimreaper has a brilliant future grimreaper has a brilliant future grimreaper has a brilliant future grimreaper has a brilliant future grimreaper has a brilliant future grimreaper has a brilliant future grimreaper has a brilliant future grimreaper has a brilliant future grimreaper has a brilliant future grimreaper has a brilliant future grimreaper has a brilliant future
Default YES to my Wife

She had to upgrade her H1 to premimum to even get a temp extension the first time. She has extended her temp twice and still the "DHS" has not verified her legal status. What a Joke. RTO in India minus the bribe would not have been so inefficent. CA DMV ppl do not know the diff between shit and piss, thats how bad they are. Just frustrated. It is close to 6 months now since applying for extension of her Lisc and she still has not got the original DL.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute

It took more than 5 months for me - The only way I could get it expedited is by going to the CBP Deferred Inspection center at San Francisco. The legal presence verification is done from that office. I got the card the next day after I visited the center and provided the documents - asking to expedite.

You need to take an infopass appointment. Choose zipcode - 94111 when booking the infopass appointment.

The address is:
444 Washington Street
San Francisco, CA 94111.

When you speak to the officer, just mention that your DL is still pending on immigration verification. They will direct you to the correct department on the 7th floor.
I140 approval Oct 2006
I485 filed Jul 2 07
I485 approved on Jul 25 2011
Received green cards on Jul 28 2011

Old 05-05-2011, 01:28 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramaonline View Post
It took more than 5 months for me - The only way I could get it expedited is by going to the CBP Deferred Inspection center at San Francisco. The legal presence verification is done from that office. I got the card the next day after I visited the center and provided the documents - asking to expedite.

You need to take an infopass appointment. Choose zipcode - 94111 when booking the infopass appointment.

The address is:
444 Washington Street
San Francisco, CA 94111.

When you speak to the officer, just mention that your DL is still pending on immigration verification. They will direct you to the correct department on the 7th floor.

Thank you. what are the required docs for this office.? please update?

Old 05-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

hi

Old 05-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:

The address is:
444 Washington Street
San Francisco, CA 94111.

Thank you. what are the required docs for this office.? can you please let me know?. i sent a private message as well.
Bookmark and Share

Old 05-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute

The usual documents showing valid Immigration status:

Copies of I94, EAD , EAP, Passport
Copies of your DMV temp license, application forms, and other communication with DMV.

Carry originals as well.

In my case they only looked at I94 - They already had everything in the system but DMV messed it up, so it got delayed.
I140 approval Oct 2006
I485 filed Jul 2 07

Old 05-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I bugged them today, and they said that my case has been processed and I should receive my card in a month

IF ONLY, GC was as simple to acquire! Then people would simply apply on a need basis, and there would be no evil happening on H1's -- the more the law tries to interfere, the more the people get screwed

Old 05-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
The usual documents showing valid Immigration status:

Copies of I94, EAD , EAP, Passport
Copies of your DMV temp license, application forms, and other communication with DMV.

Carry originals as well.

In my case they only looked at I94 - They already had everything in the system but DMV messed it up, so it got delayed.

Thank you. Does I-94 stamped with parolee status will help? I read somewhere that a minimum of 6 months should be left on the validity? And what should be the expiration date means on parolee I-94?

Old 05-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

For parolee status using AP, even if I94 expires you are considered to be in valid status in the US as the I94 gets automatically renewed due to pending 485. Pl have your AP copies as well.

The expiration date on I94 should not be a concern.
I140 approval Oct 2006
I485 filed Jul 2 07

Old 05-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/22/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Could you pls share the number/extension to be called to folow up on this? I assume you are in CA as well? I remember the documents had to be mailed to Sacramento?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
I bugged them today, and they said that my case has been processed and I should receive my card in a month

IF ONLY, GC was as simple to acquire! Then people would simply apply on a need basis, and there would be no evil happening on H1's -- the more the law tries to interfere, the more the people get screwed