Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Sunny_Bhaaji is on a distinguished road
Default I saw it....it was brilliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathweb View Post
I watched from start to finish. She controlled the show during 8+ minutes she was on. She really had all the evidence, facts straight. When she showed him placards with evidence that Lou said such and such on particuler date, His answer was, "Did I say that?", "When?". Again and again that was his answer. I was really laughing at him. He really had no chance to counter her arguments, the best thing he came up with was "I never said anything against legal immigrants.", I had to laugh, of course, not with my mouth.

I love you Janet Murguía. You are my hero.
...classic....like Warnie's googly
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Probably the start of descent of Lou Dobbs

I generally dont watch the liar show but happened to watch today, parts of which Janet was on and also the shows on Republican/Dem Debate.

Janet kicked his phat a$$ all over the place. She was on fire. On the other side, The program manager, director and producer might be realizing that Lou Dobbs will not have anything to talk next summer. Liar Lou is signed up for failure next summer.. Kitty Piligrim, Casey Wyan, Bill Tucker. What a bunch of idiots.

How ever, Lou and his hate monger crew are a step ahead and they think that they can jam phone lines next year when the bill comes up in congress. One of the guy on the show even went to lengths to say that president can only request congress to pass the bill, but congress has to and they might already be focusing on congressmen and senators to block CIR again. Thats partly true, but with a good dem majority in both houses, the CIR will probaly go through if the dems do not defect their party line vote on CIR.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute

NCLR should become more powerful and should ask latinos to STOP turning on RACIST CNN and MSNBC channels.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunty View Post
Just finished watching it...

That hate monger blatantly lied about legal immigrants as well....He said he is not against legal immigration.In fact he would like it to be more..that liar...

I think he forgot when he mentioned that all the H1s stay illegally after visa expiration and millions of educated americans loose jobs due to these immigrants....He is gonna canned soon...

Also, with McCain and Obama in the lead and if one of them becomes the President, these hate mongers will have a very tough time...
Does anybody have a link to a YouTube video or a transcript of Lou Dobbs mentioning that H1B visa holders stay illegally, etc.?
I have searched YouTube and found a bunch of videos of Lou Dobbs, but I can't find any in which he claims that H1B visa holders stay illegally or comparing H1B visa holder to criminals.

Thanks!

Old 02-04-2008, 11:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecollarslave View Post
Does anybody have a link to a YouTube video or a transcript of Lou Dobbs mentioning that H1B visa holders stay illegally, etc.?
I have searched YouTube and found a bunch of videos of Lou Dobbs, but I can't find any in which he claims that H1B visa holders stay illegally or comparing H1B visa holder to criminals.

Thanks!
I cannot give you the video reference but he did say that and I saw it..and it was discussed here on this forum...Check Lou Dobb posts here...I am sure you will find it...

Contributed to Flower campaign
Contributed to DC Rally fund
Tri-State Chapter member

Old 02-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all

Another thing I noticed.....

I have been watching CNN Election Room with Wolf Blitzer for election coverage..I don't even watch Lou Dumb's show..Its just that in the last quarter of the Election Room, Wolf mentions upcoming Dumb Dobbs's show and asks him "What are you up too Lou ? "..Then Looser Dumb highlights his upcoming main points of his hateful program..Usually Wolf makes some informal comments about Dumb's program..But today was different.....

Lou started with mentioning Janet and mentioned she wants him to be fired...And Wolf did NOT say a single word in reply....maybe he knows what's gonna happen to Loooser Doubs eventually.....and that was enough for me to keep watching CNN...I expected fireworks and it was better. Racist Lou didn't even get any water to cool down his burning rear...

Contributed to Flower campaign
Contributed to DC Rally fund
Tri-State Chapter member

Old 02-04-2008, 11:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute

NCLR should also take on the advertisers of Lou Dobbs Racist show and publicize them. Nobody knows if he has hispanic slave(s) in his New Jersey ranch home.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2005
Compare
alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute

It was really quite a reality check for him. He was exposed for any neutral party to see. Not that much of his viewers are neutrals on the issue. He must be getting some pressure from the CNN management for giving her that much airtime without cutting her off. I am sure at some point a lawsuit will be filed.

He kept hiding behind free speech and she kept correcting him that free speech does not make hate speech appropriate. He had no response.

The worst part was he once again misrepresented himself saying he was for legal immigration. That is a patent lie, as he is dead set against H1b visa, expansion of immigrant visa numbers or anything of that kind. Yet he repeatedly mentioned there he has never said a thing against legal immigration and that he wants more legal immigration. He is a true bigot. Just that now he is getting exposed.

Last edited by alterego; 02-05-2008 at 10:18 PM.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute

How about we send congratulatory mails to janet murguia to show our appreciation?. Is there an email id of her or the group to which she belongs?

Old 02-05-2008, 12:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Romania
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mariusp will become famous soon enough mariusp will become famous soon enough

Here it is:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...n?iref=24hours

Old 02-05-2008, 12:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusp View Post
Thanks MARIUSP. Janet should eradicate this racist rat out of CNN. This racist rat can't even distinguish between 1st amendment and hate speech. CONGRATS and GOOD LUCK to Janet - NCLR. CNN should BAN Christine Romans from its network. Christine Romans reported that no. of Leprosy cases in the U.S. increased due to illegal immigrants!!

Last edited by HV000; 02-05-2008 at 12:40 AM.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future

Janet repaid Lou Dobbs in his own terms. Word play, rhetoric and confusion he creates..I don't even rate him 1 on the scale of 10 as a host. I used to have great respect for CNN before I came here..But by hosting such third rate commentators, CNN is damaging itself more than ever. This is first time I watched Lou Dobbs becoming so defensive and searching for words...

Old 02-05-2008, 12:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Compare
mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Nice One !!!!!

Well done Lady !!!!

Last edited by KanME; 02-05-2008 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Keep it civil..

Old 02-05-2008, 01:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice
Default Lesser of the two evils?

Sure Lou Dobbs is a bigot and I am glad that he got his ass kicked - but is the council of La Raza a friend of legal, skilled immigrants? Afraid not! Look up their website and you will find that their avowed mission statement is:

"Private, non-profit, and non-partisan organization focused on reducing poverty and discrimination, and improving opportunities, for Hispanic Americans."

By the logic of "an enemy of an enemy is a friend", this is great but otherwise, I do not see any other benefit. In fact, it has the detrimental effect of the debate again getting overtaken by the Hispanic lobby and the illegals - our agenda always sinks to the bottom because illegal immigrants are a big stone around our neck and their numbers overwhelm our economic contribution.

"The only person who can truly persuade you is yourself. You must turn the issues over in your mind at leisure, consider the many arguments, let them simmer, and after a long time turn your preferences into convictions." - Milton Friedman

Old 02-05-2008, 01:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future

Of course, she is representing a Hispanic Organization. IV alone fights for highly skilled immigrants. By creating FUD, Lou does more damage in the mainstream than others. Good to see Janet taking on Lou Dobbs aggressively.