Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 06:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by paskal View Post
that singhsa3 deserves all your accolades here- he struggled for days to get the tri state bus logistics in place...he could not come himself due to pressing commitments but he did ensure that the buses would run...and clearly left the two buses in very capable hands...

also a big thanks to murali for helping with the effort to recruit people for the buses.

i apologise- i do not know the folks who actually led the buses- feels strange to me since i had been butting my head about buses for days- i think i did meet annina (did i get that right?) and i see amit's name here...thanks to both of you for a job well done

glad the gurudwara worked out well, i was a bit unsure about it, but they had assured me that you guys would be taken care of...and gurudwaras are traditionally welcoming places...i will be sure to communicate to them how happy you guys were with the arrangements!

So Gurudwara was your idea huh... Everyone agreed that it was a very nice arrangement.. Thanks for that.. I wish I would have gotten a chance to meet you.. Do check out the pics.. Someone have taken Gurudwara pics..

Mukuraj: You showed up for the rally and that important.. Although u'd have had more fun..

Guys have you joined the NJ/NY Chapter Yahoogroup?? If not please do join it .. We have to keep this spirit alive.. Our members know what I am talking about..

Can we arrange a NJ/NY chapter meet soon?? How about around Halloween or any other favorable evening?? Sometimes later next month will be great as most of us should have got their EAD's..

Paskal, Murali, Sanjeev and Chandu please include us in all your efforts..

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigrationvoiceny/
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 09-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Compare
siravi has a spectacular aura about siravi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukuraj View Post
After reading all this, I feel sorry that I didn't take the bus ride from Metropark.
Mukund
Me too....! I got a ride to DC, thanks to chanduv23. It sounds like you all had a blast! Glad things wroked out so well on the bus.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ygs is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up NJ Bus Ride

Hey Guys,
great summary of our trip and comments on the NJ bus and the rally as a whole. Nothing unique to add so wont be repeatative..but will just say that it was great to see all the efforts come together in support of this event.

IV rocks!

Yusuf.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,
I did not get much time to write on the forum since the rally. So I am taking this opportunity to officially thank all the tri state members who were able to make to the rally.
Also, I am glad you all liked the arrangement but it was a team effort, where every active member contributed in his/her own way. I am also glad to see a new enthusiasm among the group.
What we have here now is a sense of being a community bound by a common goal. The rally was just a milestone and so will be getting the green card. Our ultimate goal really should be to preserve this sense of community.
I agree that it is a challange but that would be the real source of our power.
Thanks
Sanjeev

Last edited by singhsa3; 09-21-2007 at 01:16 PM.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Please join the tri state chapter - follow the link on my signature

Old 09-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Compare
ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of

I got a ride too from chanduv23 (thanks) so missed out on all the fun you guys/gals seemed to have had. Thank you all for coming to the rally. Wish I could've met you all...

Old 09-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GreenGrass is on a distinguished road
Default just to add

yes , paskal - you got my name right. i was wondering how we could get an orientation for the lawmakers. yesterday i attended the incredible india show in the city and there was a senior congressman from NY and some others. i am thinking when the iron is still hot if somebody can orient and can help me on the lawmakers /media thing in the tri state area i would like to help.

Jamie had put some very ideas on how to keep striking...
thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paskal View Post
that singhsa3 deserves all your accolades here- he struggled for days to get the tri state bus logistics in place...he could not come himself due to pressing commitments but he did ensure that the buses would run...and clearly left the two buses in very capable hands...

also a big thanks to murali for helping with the effort to recruit people for the buses.

i apologise- i do not know the folks who actually led the buses- feels strange to me since i had been butting my head about buses for days- i think i did meet annina (did i get that right?) and i see amit's name here...thanks to both of you for a job well done

glad the gurudwara worked out well, i was a bit unsure about it, but they had assured me that you guys would be taken care of...and gurudwaras are traditionally welcoming places...i will be sure to communicate to them how happy you guys were with the arrangements!

Old 09-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Please join the tri state chapter. It is essential that we build this base. Follow the link in my signature, please create similar signatures and urge others to join.

We are planning for a variety of events in the tri state area. Pleae come up with ideas and we can discuss, the first event we plan to do is a social, laborchic will communicate on this.

We them plan to have a seminar and will try to get some eminent people to the seminar.

So there are many things in store for the tri state area - pleae help build this chapter.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought it will inspire many new folks here.

Closed Thread