Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 10-05-2015, 12:39 AM
Priority Date
:
May-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Hil3182, please stop using foul language and calling people idiots if they don't agree with you. Of everyone on the forum, you need to show some restraint being a "moderator". I am not sure how IV administration is tolerating something like this on the forum.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2015, 03:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

We will be sending out a newsletter in a few hours which will ask that people call members of Congress with a co-ordinated message to add pressure on the WH to fix this situation.

It is important to have broad participation. Let us have a ceasefire until the action item is done. We can get back to regularly scheduled programming after 6PM tomorrow.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-05-2015, 09:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Action Item is UP.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-05-2015, 09:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

OK guys. We are taking a break from this hot discussion for now and following the action items. Help yourself and help me out!

Alternatively, we can speculate, analyze and become attorneys ourselves and that would do us no good (you know what I mean ). Most of the forum experts out there probably have already become legal experts just after a week of discoursing on all the possibilities of the case. I congratulate them for their having achieved success in creating a career alternative in case they do not perform well in their chosen career in which they currently feel stuck. Now if they stop here with only doing technical exercises and not following up on action items, their inaction would prove hil3128 right!!

It’s time to act and take up the challenge!

Old 10-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
raj131982 is on a distinguished road

Flowers tried to resend by UPS to DHS office after it was refused to be accepted the first time resulted into some wierd location delivery. I am not sure where they delivered eventually. Looks to be Burlington, NJ instead of DC?

BURLINGTON, NJ, US 10/05/2015 11:09 A.M. Delivered
Landover, DC, United States 10/02/2015 4:23 P.M. The receiver does not want the product and refused the delivery.
Landover, DC, United States 10/01/2015 2:14 P.M. The receiver does not want the product and refused the delivery.
United States 09/30/2015 3:04 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Old 10-05-2015, 08:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

More media: Immigrants protest with flowers after green card mixup - Oct. 5, 2015

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
missedthecut is on a distinguished road

Thats great.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Good day indeed!

Old 10-06-2015, 07:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Another one: Marcela García: A blooming protest against immigration decision - The Boston Globe

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Old 10-06-2015, 08:15 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
monto1 is on a distinguished road

Awesome guys i hope all your/our efforts get paid .

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hetaljdave is on a distinguished road
Post Sign the White house petition

Join the campaign of AILA urging immigration stakeholders to participate in and sign the petition on White House petition site to reverse Revised October 2015 Visa Bulletin. Currently, the number of people who signed the petition are shockingly very limited, considering the fact that people affected by the problem are known to be very large in number, including employers, employees, their family members, etc.

Removed URL

Last edited by Administrator2; 10-07-2015 at 10:57 AM.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-12
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bhishma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hetaljdave View Post
Join the campaign of AILA urging immigration stakeholders to participate in and sign the petition on White House petition site to reverse Revised October 2015 Visa Bulletin. Currently, the number of people who signed the petition are shockingly very limited, considering the fact that people affected by the problem are known to be very large in number, including employers, employees, their family members, etc.

Removed URL
Yes. Let us all sign this petition and join AILA's campaign. They are our 'only' hope. AILA was/is responsible for all the immigration reforms for legal immigrants. AILA is negotiating with the administration on our behalf and these petitions play a larger role when the administration makes a decision.
H4 EAD, I-140 EAD, filing AOS with Acceptance dates were all done through petitions.
I heard 2 million signatures on an online petition was the reason why slavery was abolished in America and now the LGBT community is the most reason success. Let us follow their footsteps and it will lead us to our path to a Green Card

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:57 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Join the campaign of AILA ...........
As we said many times before, online petitions have zero value. Those who do not want people to participate in real debate create this false aurora to click on online petitions. We ask everyone to not click on online petitions to waste your time.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhishma View Post
Yes. Let us all sign this petition and join AILA's campaign. They are our 'only' hope. AILA was/is responsible for all the immigration reforms for legal immigrants. AILA is negotiating with the administration on our behalf and these petitions play a larger role when the administration makes a decision.
H4 EAD, I-140 EAD, filing AOS with Acceptance dates were all done through petitions.
I heard 2 million signatures on an online petition was the reason why slavery was abolished in America and now the LGBT community is the most reason success. Let us follow their footsteps and it will lead us to our path to a Green Card
Now we are talkin'

Old 10-07-2015, 11:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:

Removed URL
AILA is one of the reasons we in backlog. But more to the issue, they are acting so cynically that they are using this setback to the legal immigrant to push for their agenda in the EO:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Here is the letter from AILA in response to VB:
AILA - AILA Urges Administration to Immediately Restore Original October Visa Bulletin

As a down payment for VB fiasco, lawyers are engaged in deal making to get something else from Administration. And that something else has no effect on EB backlogs (other than 'same or similar' fix which IV has worked for years, which is why it is about to happen). They are asking for new OPT regulation (which came out today) to get more immigrants/customers for lawyers into the system and make sure immigrants are not processed out of the system. Here is what they asked in return for Visa Bulletin fiasco:

1. A proposed rule to strengthen and expand the STEM Optional Practical Training program;
2. Clarification on the standard by which an EB-2 national interest waiver can be granted "with the aim of promoting its greater use for the benefit of the U.S. economy”;
3. A proposed rule to alleviate the uncertainty surrounding the term "same or similar" for purposes of AC21 permanent portability;
4. A proposed rule to provide parole status for inventors, researchers, and entrepreneurs;
5. A proposed rule to modernize the PERM permanent labor certification program;
6. A final rule expanding the provisional waiver program;
7. Guidance on the definition of "extreme hardship" and criteria by which a presumption of extreme hardship may apply;
8. Guidance to USCIS, CBP, and ICE on the treatment of those returning to the United States on advance parole; and
9. An expansion of parole-in-place and deferred action for the family of members and veterans of the U.S Armed Forces.

There was no reason to mention these items in the letter for Visa Bulletin, unless ofcourse someone wants something else in return for not fixing Visa Bulletin.

NOT A DAMN LAWYER