Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 02-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Contribute

Along with the letters, monthly contributions needed. Sent in mine now.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Morocco
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ksefiane is on a distinguished road
Question Letters

I see that you are saying that I sent only one letter but the day that I sent mine, I also mailed two others from Lynchburg, VA. I also had US citizen friends and family in Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Pennsylvania, Colorado, and Morocco send in letters and I know that they did because they had copied me on them. Was the PO Box address that was listed in the original post the corrrect address? Also, didn't the instructions say to mail to President and the PO Box? In the body of all the letters, my name is referenced and that is how you can tell who sent the letters in. Thanks!

K
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Compare
siravi has a spectacular aura about siravi has a spectacular aura about
Default Done

I have mailed mine as well, didn't get around to post it here.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2004
Compare
gg_ny is a jewel in the rough gg_ny is a jewel in the rough gg_ny is a jewel in the rough

I recently happend to sit thru a lecture of regulatory guidelines that go with the introduction of a drug by a pharma or biotech to public. This is taken care of by FDA, a pharmaceutical equivalent of CIS. An expert made a comment that most legislations that get passed by Congress are short and least complex. In pursuiant of the scope and intent of the legislation, FDA employs experts (not necessarily lawyers), scientists etc. to generate interpretations of the tenets of the legislations to produce guidelines, etc. When the guidelines become established, they become essentially an integral parts of FDA regulations This is akin to what USCIS does with respect to immigration laws. In this case, immigrant lawyers have a big say in the interpretations and developing operating procedures in conjunction with INS.
Now comes the relevant point: any implementation of these guidelines are observed and IF there is a need for changes and amendments that go against the 'spirit of the original legistations by the Congress' and the intent of the laws, FDA itself has power to change its operating procedures, definitions of the scope and quality of the interpretations. And it happens constantly. Why? the pharma, biotech, medical insurance, doctors, even government (eg. Vioxx case where FDA's procedural changes
in some ways enabled the debacle) have stakes and they CONSTANTLY AND PROACTIVELY WORK WITH FDA. The stakeholders ARE RESPONSIVE.

Swap FDA for USCIS. Accordingly, many administrative interpretations are amenable to
PROPER, OVERWHELMING, PROACTIVE PARTICIPATION OF THE STAKEHOLDERS - IN THIS CASE EMPLOYMENT BASED LEGAL IMMIGRANTS - 26000 IV MEMBERS. Then why just a few hundred letters? Don't you understand that administrative fixes can be enabled by dealing with fixed-pay, follow-the-book, civil servants and career officers of USCIS? Don't you see the benefits in the implementation of Immi guidelines can be obtained NOT GOING TO THE CAPITOL HILL, SENATORS, CONGRESSMEN? Don't you understand that in many ways by changing the wording of some clauses in teh interpretations of operating procedures, USCIS will readily give you your green cards ( at least to the eligible few thousands to begin with)?
Get proactive. USCIS is a stone elephant like FDA. If pharma, and biotech can ride it, can make FDA to fix the interpretations of the law based on the reality outside, why not so called 'smart, highly qualified, I-can-return-to-india-just-to-screw-US-economy-engineers, doctors, and what-nots in IT /high tech sector' get to action to impress on USCIS to do the same?

Last edited by gg_ny; 02-01-2008 at 01:04 PM.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/10/2012
Compare
nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute

If I copy paste one of the templates on a word document, sign it and then mail it....will that suffice?

Regards
Nat

Old 02-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat23 View Post
If I copy paste one of the templates on a word document, sign it and then mail it....will that suffice?

Regards
Nat
Yes it will. If you can personalize it (with your occupation and benefits to the nation, how the wait has impacted you and consequently the community, country, etc ) even better but the important thing is to send one letter.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

Templates have << >> enclosed text which must be replaced with your personal information. Please pick one, modify, sign and send.

Quote:

Regards
Nat

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 02-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/10/2012
Compare
nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm sorry I'm asking to be spoon-fed but I couldnt find place to insert personal information in the template below

Dear Mr. President:

I write today to urge you to fix America’s broken legal employment-based immigration system. Currently, more than 500,000 skilled individuals who contribute to the American economy through their hard work in high technology, scientific research, medicine and other fields find themselves trapped in a process that is hopelessly backlogged. If nothing is done, hundreds of thousands of immigrants will wait years or even decades in a process that was never intended to take so long. While comprehensive change will require legislative action, your administration can implement administrative remedies to improve America’s competitiveness, eliminate bureaucratic inefficiencies, and improve the quality of life for these legal, highly skilled immigrants.

Attracting and retaining the best and brightest minds from around the world is in America’s best interest. In February 2006, your Domestic Policy Council issued a report on the American Competitiveness Initiative that recognized the importance of employment-based immigration. The report stated:

“The President also recognizes that enabling the world's most talented and hardest-working individuals to put their skills to work for America will increase our entrepreneurship and our international competitiveness, and will net many high-paying jobs for all Americans. The United States benefits from our ability to attract and retain needed immigrant and non-immigrant students and workers, and it is important that America remains competitive in attracting talented foreign nationals.”

You can advance your stated objective by making common-sense administrative reforms to fix a system that is clearly broken.

Implementing much-needed reforms will also free government resources to focus on pressing national security matters. For example, current rules require the Department of Homeland Security to renew the Employment Authorization Documents (EADs) of hundreds of thousands of legal immigrants each year as those immigrants wait for green cards and permanent residency in the U.S. Rather than renew these EADs annually, the government could renew these documents every three years, freeing countless hours that could be better spent serving the Department’s mission.

The greatest impact of the broken green card process is borne by the legal immigrants and their families. The more than half million highly skilled legal immigrants already working productively in the United States find themselves trapped in a system that is taking years longer than intended. During this wait for a green card, these immigrants remain trapped in a legal maze, unable to change jobs – even within the same employer – without starting the arduous immigration process over again, and subject to waits that grow longer and longer.

We implore you to exercise your authority to implement administratively these much-needed reforms.

• Recapture administratively the unused visas for permanent residency to fulfill the congressional mandate of 140,000 green cards per year.

• Revise the administrative definition of “same or similar” to allow slight additional job flexibility for legal immigrants awaiting adjudication of adjustment of status (I-485) petitions.

• Allow filing of Adjustment of Status (Form I-485) when a visa number is not available.

• Implement the existing interim rule to allow issuance of multi-year Employment Authorization Documents (EAD) and Advance Parole.

• Allow visa revalidation in the United States.

• Reinstate premium processing of Immigrant Petitions.

I urge you to implement these administrative remedies without delay. Action is urgently needed to fulfill your stated goal of attracting and retaining highly-skilled legal immigrants from around the world, eliminating bureaucratic inefficiency, and improving the lives of future Americans already living and working legally in the United States.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Respectfully,
Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp! View Post
Templates have << >> enclosed text which must be replaced with your personal information. Please pick one, modify, sign and send.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
i'm sorry I'm asking to be spoon-fed but I couldnt find place to insert personal information in the template below

Respectfully,
On the first page, look at template number 2 for example. In the template you posted, in the first paragraph after the first line you can insert who you are, where you work, what you do and so forth.

Innovate! But keep the bulleted points intact. A short letter is fine and could be better.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg_ny View Post
I recently happend to sit thru a lecture of regulatory guidelines that go with the introduction of a drug by a pharma or biotech to public. This is taken care of by FDA, a pharmaceutical equivalent of CIS. An expert made a comment that most legislations that get passed by Congress are short and least complex. In pursuiant of the scope and intent of the legislation, FDA employs experts (not necessarily lawyers), scientists etc. to generate interpretations of the tenets of the legislations to produce guidelines, etc. When the guidelines become established, they become essentially an integral parts of FDA regulations This is akin to what USCIS does with respect to immigration laws. In this case, immigrant lawyers have a big say in the interpretations and developing operating procedures in conjunction with INS.
Now comes the relevant point: any implementation of these guidelines are observed and IF there is a need for changes and amendments that go against the 'spirit of the original legistations by the Congress' and the intent of the laws, FDA itself has power to change its operating procedures, definitions of the scope and quality of the interpretations. And it happens constantly. Why? the pharma, biotech, medical insurance, doctors, even government (eg. Vioxx case where FDA's procedural changes
in some ways enabled the debacle) have stakes and they CONSTANTLY AND PROACTIVELY WORK WITH FDA. The stakeholders ARE RESPONSIVE.

Swap FDA for USCIS. Accordingly, many administrative interpretations are amenable to
PROPER, OVERWHELMING, PROACTIVE PARTICIPATION OF THE STAKEHOLDERS - IN THIS CASE EMPLOYMENT BASED LEGAL IMMIGRANTS - 26000 IV MEMBERS. Then why just a few hundred letters? Don't you understand that administrative fixes can be enabled by dealing with fixed-pay, follow-the-book, civil servants and career officers of USCIS? Don't you see the benefits in the implementation of Immi guidelines can be obtained NOT GOING TO THE CAPITOL HILL, SENATORS, CONGRESSMEN? Don't you understand that in many ways by changing the wording of some clauses in teh interpretations of operating procedures, USCIS will readily give you your green cards ( at least to the eligible few thousands to begin with)?
Get proactive. USCIS is a stone elephant like FDA. If pharma, and biotech can ride it, can make FDA to fix the interpretations of the law based on the reality outside, why not so called 'smart, highly qualified, I-can-return-to-india-just-to-screw-US-economy-engineers, doctors, and what-nots in IT /high tech sector' get to action to impress on USCIS to do the same?
I don't see the validity of comparison between drug companies and IV in this particular case. But I can go with it. Your claim however, must be backed up with facts.

So, all right, lets say the comparison is valid and IV can make the same kind of political impact as drug companies. I don't see anything vague or open to interpretation about annual visa number limits or per country limits. Can you provide a few concrete examples of the changes to the interpretations of operating procedures that will make USCIS give away at least a few thousand more green cards than its currently giving out?

PS: I am not criticizing your idea, just trying to understand.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2004
Compare
gg_ny is a jewel in the rough gg_ny is a jewel in the rough gg_ny is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecollarslave View Post
I don't see the validity of comparison between drug companies and IV in this particular case. But I can go with it. Your claim however, must be backed up with facts.

So, all right, lets say the comparison is valid and IV can make the same kind of political impact as drug companies. I don't see anything vague or open to interpretation about annual visa number limits or per country limits. Can you provide a few concrete examples of the changes to the interpretations of operating procedures that will make USCIS give away at least a few thousand more green cards than its currently giving out?

PS: I am not criticizing your idea, just trying to understand.
Dear slave (!),

good question. For various practical reasons, I am quoting from Pappu's mail on the first page of this thread. I wrote my posting comparing FDA and USCIS believing what Pappu and company have been saying all over this thread and others about administrative fixes. If you are not convinced that the President has the power to direct USCIS to do the fixes recommended by Pappu, you should really take Pappu and Co. into task and brand your favorite insult on the 600+ (including me) who believed in them (just kidding):

"We implore you to exercise your authority to implement administratively these much-needed reforms.

1. Recapture administratively the unused visas for permanent residency to fulfill the congressional mandate of 140,000 green cards per year.
2. Revise the administrative definition of "same or similar" to allow slight additional job flexibility for legal immigrants awaiting adjudication of adjustment of status (I-485) petitions.
3. Allow filing of Adjustment of Status (Form I-485) when a visa number is not available.
4. Implement the existing interim rule to allow issuance of multi-year Employment Authorization Documents (EAD) and Advance Parole.
5. Allow visa revalidation in the United States.
6. Reinstate premium processing of Immigrant Petitions."

Conveniently, name check issue has been left out. But my personal experience a few weeks prior to my 485 approval was that FBI had the mandate, money, strategy (except the will) to improve the name check process (apparently they did it, looks like). I think that is also under the admin fixes.

Combining appropriate ones in these 7 steps should release a lot of white,blue, purple collar slaves from the treachery of doing-nothing-for-green-card-other-than-whining to become as greencardslaves in thousands (over the period of time).

Guidelines to (although it is not a federal issue, but it is another battle as
seen Michigan) issue drivers' license to legal immigrants is a perfect example of admin fix ( from what i understand with my dinosaur brain size).

Defining the privileges of legal EB immigrants and undocumented immigrants is an admin fix but it would be the mother of all battles. (driver's L might come under that and its implementation might still be subject to state rules)

As a sign of goodwill and that he respects IV, the president of US can direct Discover credit card to issue credit cards to EAD holders and H1B (not just GC holders and citizens). This is definitely an administrative fix not necessarily that of the federal govt. (just kidding, I am running out of
ideas. Can anybody pitch in here?)

Last edited by gg_ny; 02-01-2008 at 02:06 PM.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of
Default Happy to report

That my count has gone up in the last few days :-)

I know needhelp! counted in 53 from me. It is now at 127. I have not mailed them all in, but will do so this weekend.

Keep writing the letters guys! This will be a much deserved relief for all of us.

-Organize and participate in lawmaker meetings.
-Publicize IV to friends, media and corporates.
-Active member of the local state chapter.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of
Default Nice Work!

Great work by TexasMom! If everyone reaches out to the people who care about them, these people are bound to want to sign a petition letter. May be we can all reach out this weekend. The template # 1 is a great template to use for people.

Old 02-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

Texanmom!! You rock.
If ONE mom busy with work + kids can do so much, I am sure we can all do it, we need to start talking to everyone we know.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 02-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of
Default huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg_ny View Post
Dear slave (!),

good question. For various practical reasons, I am quoting from Pappu's mail on the first page of this thread. I wrote my posting comparing FDA and USCIS believing what Pappu and company have been saying all over this thread and others about administrative fixes. If you are not convinced that the President has the power to direct USCIS to do the fixes recommended by Pappu, you should really take Pappu and Co. into task and brand your favorite insult on the 600+ (including me) who believed in them (just kidding):

"We implore you to exercise your authority to implement administratively these much-needed reforms.

1. Recapture administratively the unused visas for permanent residency to fulfill the congressional mandate of 140,000 green cards per year.
2. Revise the administrative definition of "same or similar" to allow slight additional job flexibility for legal immigrants awaiting adjudication of adjustment of status (I-485) petitions.
3. Allow filing of Adjustment of Status (Form I-485) when a visa number is not available.
4. Implement the existing interim rule to allow issuance of multi-year Employment Authorization Documents (EAD) and Advance Parole.
5. Allow visa revalidation in the United States.
6. Reinstate premium processing of Immigrant Petitions."

Conveniently, name check issue has been left out. But my personal experience a few weeks prior to my 485 approval was that FBI had the mandate, money, strategy (except the will) to improve the name check process (apparently they did it, looks like). I think that is also under the admin fixes.

Combining appropriate ones in these 7 steps should release a lot of white,blue, purple collar slaves from the treachery of doing-nothing-for-green-card-other-than-whining to become as greencardslaves in thousands (over the period of time).

Guidelines to (although it is not a federal issue, but it is another battle as
seen Michigan) issue drivers' license to legal immigrants is a perfect example of admin fix ( from what i understand with my dinosaur brain size).

Defining the privileges of legal EB immigrants and undocumented immigrants is an admin fix but it would be the mother of all battles. (driver's L might come under that and its implementation might still be subject to state rules)

As a sign of goodwill and that he respects IV, the president of US can direct Discover credit card to issue credit cards to EAD holders and H1B (not just GC holders and citizens). This is definitely an administrative fix not necessarily that of the federal govt. (just kidding, I am running out of
ideas. Can anybody pitch in here?)
Thanks for clarifying but I think you totally misunderstand my question. If I had any doubts about administrative fix I would not have asked friends and colleagues to join the letter campaign, contacted the immigration lawyer representing my employer, contacted the professors I worked with back in school, etc.; and talked to the lawmakers in addition to writing letters myself. And I know this is nothing to others who have done so much more. I am only humbled by the efforts and good intentions of IV.

Now that we have cleared all that, there is nothing insulting in what I said/asked. Do not confuse healthy skepticism with insults. The post in question here seems to suggest that we should focus on working with USCIS instead of focusing our energy in efforts to work with lawmakers and the administration. The way I read it, it implies that just like drug companies work with FDA to interpret the laws, we should work with USCIS. The analogy, as I understand was FDA=USCIS, drug companies, etc. = IV. Drug companies working with FDA to fine tune guidelines would mean IV working with USCIS. Maybe your post was not clear enough or maybe it is just my (mis)interpretation as I do not doubt your intentions.

There is absolutely no doubt that the administrative fix, if implemented, would be huge, I mean HUGE. It is imperative that we all participate in this in order to give the administrative fix a good chance to succeed. If we wish to make a difference, we as a community, have to stand up and make our cause known and our problems heard. I just don't see the analogy with FDA and drug companies.

Ok, I think we have shared enough love about this one and there is nothing to argue about; so I will leave it at that.

Coming back to the topic of this thread -

Does anybody have a sample letter from an employer? There are several samples in this thread which are good examples for letters from an individual. I am looking for something from an employer.