Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > PERM Processing
Click to log in with Facebook
PERM Processing Labor processing through PERM

Old 10-19-2009, 01:49 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bobbypavan is on a distinguished road
Default PERM process job ad question

My visa is valid until 2010 Dec and my employer has posted job posting for my green card process 60 days back. The last I heard from them was that they received 40 resume against my job posting and they were looking at these before going ahead and filing for my labor. So given this situation can someone share the possible outcomes?

- Will they not file for my labor if they find matching resume against my job posting?
- Any suggestions to get some ways to avoid these resume on any criteria?
- If at all this ad posting falls, when can they post an ad again. I am short on time so would like to know if they can post another ad immediately?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2009, 02:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
simple1 has a spectacular aura about simple1 has a spectacular aura about
Default The process.

The process.
* first find a "permanent job" that is public advertised (with external company or if possible with in existing company), attend interviews along with general public (usc, gc, h1b, l1b, e3, opt, asylum-ead, nafta-tn, L2-EAD, L1A, etc) and get selected.
* If the new permanent job is with new employer, Ask them to file perm (based non availability/capability of usc and gc applicants) and h1b/lca transfer. After successful h1b transfer, start working in new permanent job.
* If the new permanent job is with existing employer: Ask them to file perm (based non availability/capability of usc and gc applicants) and lca for existing h1b/l1b. Start working in new job immediately.

Summary:
Quote:
apply and win "permanent job" first. Rest of the steps will follow easily.

Last edited by simple1; 10-19-2009 at 02:14 AM.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:25 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

removed

Last edited by bobbypavan; 10-19-2009 at 04:58 PM.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbypavan View Post
* If the new permanent job is with existing employer: Ask them to file perm (based non availability/capability of usc and gc applicants) and lca for existing h1b/l1b. Start working in new job immediately.

** So what I understand from your suggestion is the fastest way to to PERM process if the current ad falls though is to apply for a other positions posted.

What is you take on number of resume received for the current ad? Is 40 a good number for my HR to deny going forward with the lca?

Thanks much
My HR & legal dept. had made it clear to me (& its also the law BTW) that a single qualified US citizen that is found for the job, ends the whole process. So all these resumes will need to be vetted (with the economy in a mess, people are applying to jobs even if they dont even remotely qualify, so dont lose heart), if any of them meets all the requirements, they would need to be contacted and interviewed to confirm. If they do fit the profile, then its end of the road for PERM on this job.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:17 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thanks.
So I believe its currently in the vetting process and I will keep my fingers crossed.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
indyanguy has a spectacular aura about indyanguy has a spectacular aura about indyanguy has a spectacular aura about

===============================================
Any suggestions to get some ways to avoid these resume on any criteria?
===============================================

I am not sure what you mean by this. If you mean, if there's a fake way to reject candidates, donot go that route.

Usually, resumes are rejected:
1. Initially in the screening process, they do not meet the criteria
2. In the phone interview, they fail to answer basic questions
3. In the tech interview, their skills desire more to be wanted
4. The candidate may reject due to low job offer, relocation etc

Donated $100 so far.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thanks for clarifying this. I now know why its taking > 2 weeks after the ad has been removed after completing the 60 day period.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
indyanguy has a spectacular aura about indyanguy has a spectacular aura about indyanguy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying this. I now know why its taking > 2 weeks after the ad has been removed after completing the 60 day period.
There's a cooling off period. Maybe other gurus can explain it with more info.

1. The ads are placed for 30 days
2. The ads are removed and during a 30 day period - the resumes that are received are analyzed, interviewed and a report is prepared.

Somewhere in that mix is placing the ad in the State agency and receiving the resumes from them (I am not sure when that happens)

You mentioned a 60 day period. I don't think it's necessary to have the ads up for 60 days.

Donated $100 so far.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:06 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

So we had 30 day ad period and 30 day quite period.

Last edited by bobbypavan; 10-19-2009 at 04:57 PM.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Troll Alert.

Troll Alert.
Quote:
So we had 30 day ad period and 30 day quite period. But I received a mail from HR saying that they received 40 applications after the quite period was over and they are going to analyze the applications.

It looks like they did not do any analysis during the quite period.

May be some gurus can respond if this is normal or differs from case to case and doesn't matter.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

.................and ronhira and simple1 have done their job for the day. Kudos.

Just click on simple1's profile and see how many troll alerts he issues. He himself is a troll of third grade.

These are simple PERM related confusion people have. Is raising a troll alert your aim in ur lowlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple1 View Post
Troll Alert.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default How come is this a simple confussion ?

How come is this a simple confusion ?

Quote:
There must be a job before you apply. principal/beneficiary cannot be even remotely involved in job advt and selection process. employer cannot give ad without the job. If qualified usc/gc is found then then the principal/beneficiary needs to be replaced with usc/gc.

However S/he seems to be thinking that is ok to do the reverse. Troll comes in various forms. one of them is to taint the forums with Fake examples of non-compliance.
smuggymba,
Low life, not me. it is you. Why are you posting with multiple ids. Why are you defending fake examples of non-compliance ?

Readers,
I strongly urge everyone to read "smuggymba" earlier posts and responses. you will understand the true intent of individuals posting with multiple ids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggymba View Post
.................and ronhira and simple1 have done their job for the day. Kudos.

Just click on simple1's profile and see how many troll alerts he issues. He himself is a troll of third grade.

These are simple PERM related confusion people have. Is raising a troll alert your aim in ur lowlife

Last edited by simple1; 10-19-2009 at 09:39 PM.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
weasley has a reputation beyond repute weasley has a reputation beyond repute weasley has a reputation beyond repute weasley has a reputation beyond repute weasley has a reputation beyond repute weasley has a reputation beyond repute weasley has a reputation beyond repute weasley has a reputation beyond repute weasley has a reputation beyond repute weasley has a reputation beyond repute weasley has a reputation beyond repute

I do not blame simple1 in this case. Escpecially if you see OP's below questions:

"- Any suggestions to get some ways to avoid these resume on any criteria?
- If at all this ad posting falls, when can they post an ad again. I am short on time so would like to know if they can post another ad immediately? "

1. Anti-immigrants always blame that the companies/EB immigrants are abusing the Labor/PERM Process by simply rejecting the USC candidates by hook or crook. OP may not know that. But still his questions are to find ways to abuse the system.

2. Anti immigrants come and post questions like these and provide the link in their website
and blame IV for providing illegal ways to reject USC Candidates.

OPs questions may be genuine and he may not be an anti. He is very new to the forum. That also makes suspicious. But it is always better to avoid this kind of fishy discussions in a public forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggymba View Post

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2008
Compare
yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasley View Post
I do not blame simple1 in this case. Escpecially if you see OP's below questions:

"- Any suggestions to get some ways to avoid these resume on any criteria?
- If at all this ad posting falls, when can they post an ad again. I am short on time so would like to know if they can post another ad immediately? "

1. Anti-immigrants always blame that the companies/EB immigrants are abusing the Labor/PERM Process by simply rejecting the USC candidates by hook or crook. OP may not know that. But still his questions are to find ways to abuse the system.

2. Anti immigrants come and post questions like these and provide the link in their website
and blame IV for providing illegal ways to reject USC Candidates.

OPs questions may be genuine and he may not be an anti. He is very new to the forum. That also makes suspicious. But it is always better to avoid this kind of fishy discussions in a public forum.
Adding to that, we (as in IVians) are law abiding group of people and should probably not even respond to these type of posts.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Yes I am new to this forum and I am acting to the troll alerts as these make sense.