Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

Old 04-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
apk1928 is on a distinguished road

Thanks alot.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2007, 08:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
npatel is on a distinguished road

I just got approval of my h1b. I am on OPT until June 30, 07 and then I will have 2 months of grace period.... Thus I will have to go out of US at sometimes during my grace period as my h1b starts from Oct 1.

Any suggestions?

If everything goes the way I have expected then I am planning to visit India sometimes in August/September so I was thinking to get my h1b stamped in Mumbai consulate... Any thoughts on this...

Thanks

Old 04-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
zico123 is on a distinguished road
Smile npatel

I am in the same situation as you are in. I have grace period till July 31st. Thinking of doing GRE courses at Kaplan till Sept 1st and going to Kolkata in Sept.
- Can anyone give advice how the process is to getting H1 stamp - are there any complications?
- Are any difficult questions asked during stamping or any documents other than listed on New Delhi's website for State Dept.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default H1B Visa Stamping in INDIA

My h1b has approved. I am on OPT until June 30, 07 and then I will have 2 months of grace period. It means I can legally stay in US up to 31st August.

Since there is no bridge provided between OPT and h1b, which starts from Oct 1, I will have to go out of US at sometimes during my grace period, i.e. before 31st August...

Any suggestions?

If everything goes the way I have expected then I am planning to visit India sometimes in August-September, so I was thinking to get my h1b stamped in Mumbai consulate... Any thoughts on this...

Thanks

Old 04-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/14/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
sanojkumar is on a distinguished road
Wink H1B Visa Stamping in INDIA

why are you so worried. every year hundreds and thousands are coming over here by stampping visa abroad. Your's is not a new case? So be happy!

Old 04-23-2007, 11:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanojkumar
why are you so worried. every year hundreds and thousands are coming over here by stampping visa abroad. Your's is not a new case? So be happy!
Thanks SANOJ.... But my case is very unique...

I came to US in June 2001 on B1 (visitor) then
I had change of status to F1 as I decided to study here instead india then
I had my OPT after my graduation then
My H1b has been approved....

I never been to India for my F1 stamping as I took summer and winter classes to finish my courses ASAP... I am worried to go for stamping just because I did not go for my F1b stamping and dont know the procedure...

I mean I could take KAPLAN courses to bridge the gap between OPT and H1b as I really dont want to visit India now. However, for some reason I will have to be in India in August...

Any suggestions will be appriciated... Thanks...

Old 04-23-2007, 08:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2007
Compare
mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of
Default All H1B/H4 Stamping posts here

I know this question doesn't belong here but couldn't think of a better group to pose this question. So please bear with me.

I am planning to travel to Puerto Rico for vacations. I am on my 8 year extension and have a valid I-94 till 2010. Visa stamp on my passport expired last year.

My questions are

1. Do I need a visa to travel to Puerto Rico? From what I have read on the web it seems I don't. But still want to confirm.

2. While getting back to US from Puerto Rico, would I have to go thru immigration? Or it is considered the same as coming back from any other US state.

Thanks for the help..

MirchSeth

Old 04-23-2007, 08:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default I saw on a cruise ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirchiseth
I know this question doesn't belong here but couldn't think of a better group to pose this question. So please bear with me.

I am planning to travel to Puerto Rico for vacations. I am on my 8 year extension and have a valid I-94 till 2010. Visa stamp on my passport expired last year.

My questions are

1. Do I need a visa to travel to Puerto Rico? From what I have read on the web it seems I don't. But still want to confirm.

2. While getting back to US from Puerto Rico, would I have to go thru immigration? Or it is considered the same as coming back from any other US state.

Thanks for the help..

MirchSeth
You dont need passport to go to Puerto Rico.

If you dont need passport, I guess you can just leave your passport home and go. But ask an immigration lawyer first or call the State Department or USCIS help line to ask and confirm.
If you can go to Puerto Rico without a passport, then I am sure that absence of stamp should be fine and your driver's license will work everywhere.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2012
Compare
adiboss007 is a splendid one to behold adiboss007 is a splendid one to behold adiboss007 is a splendid one to behold adiboss007 is a splendid one to behold adiboss007 is a splendid one to behold adiboss007 is a splendid one to behold adiboss007 is a splendid one to behold
Default No Passport ONLY for U.S Citizens

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife
You dont need passport to go to Puerto Rico.

If you dont need passport, I guess you can just leave your passport home and go. But ask an immigration lawyer first or call the State Department or USCIS help line to ask and confirm.
If you can go to Puerto Rico without a passport, then I am sure that absence of stamp should be fine and your driver's license will work everywhere.

hmmm... i would check with the travel agent / attorney first.

i saw a television ad yesterday which said "no passport required for U.S citizens" . i don't know about non-U.S citizens.

check this : http://www.puertorico.com/travel-information/visas/

Old 04-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sanp is on a distinguished road
Default Pueto Rico

I have travelled to PuetoRico on H1B. But I had Valid Visa. On my way back to US , the immigration officer from PuetoRico airport asked me ask whether I was a citizen or not. Since I was not a citizen , I had to showed my valid visa stamp and I-94. but that was 3 years back. I dont know whether anything has changed since then . I will still recommend taking your passsport.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitnhope is on a distinguished road

I travelled to PR in 2002-2003 for many times for work and had to produce valid visa on the passport each time while entering US.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2006
Chargeability
:
Albania
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/20/2007
Compare
gman is on a distinguished road
Default No visa is needed

I travelled to PR this January with my fiancee. None of us are US citizen. I am on H1B and had valid visa however they didn't check. I had my passport but I think I only showed my driver's licence. If you fly to PR from US you don't need to show anything. I don't think it's even considered international flight.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirchiseth

My questions are

Thanks for the help..

MirchSeth
Hey,

A suggestion, if you want to take a cruise, find out cruises that go from Florida and make a trip into the ocean and come back to Florida without stopping anywhere... or take a cruise to Alaska.

That way, you never need a passport or visa or anything.

Or even better, fly to Hawaii if you have never been there. The last thing you need during a vacation is thoughts about visas and stamping and paperwork, and that worry and thinking beats the whole purpose of vacation.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light
Default more info

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife
Hey,

A suggestion, if you want to take a cruise, find out cruises that go from Florida and make a trip into the ocean and come back to Florida without stopping anywhere... or take a cruise to Alaska.

That way, you never need a passport or visa or anything.

Or even better, fly to Hawaii if you have never been there. The last thing you need during a vacation is thoughts about visas and stamping and paperwork, and that worry and thinking beats the whole purpose of vacation.
logic most of the alaskan cruises stop at canadian ports..wouldnt we need passport/visas for that?

same thing with floridian cruises.. they stop at ports in the carribean.. if anyone knows of cruises that dont "leave the US" please let me know... it will be very useful info.

thx a ton

Old 04-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pop21 is on a distinguished road
Default Travelling to Puerto Rico

We travelled to Puerto Rico from New York in 2003 and didn't need the
passport. Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory and thus travelling there is considered domestic travel. If you don't need a passport to travel there, then obviously you don't need a visa. As far as i remember, there was no immigration involved.