Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

Old 11-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
guyfromsg has a spectacular aura about guyfromsg has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy Strange situation..Visa issuance fee..Urgent help..

I don't think anyone has experience this. Attended H1 revalidation interview and chennai consulate and was approved on 7th Nov. I had stapled the new and old passports together.The VFS guy who screened the documents had inadvertenly attached the Rs2400 Visa issuance fee DD to old expired passport. Later just before I left the counter he detached the old passport from new and gave me back the old one. I that time did not realise the DD was clipped to the old passport.

When I went to the first counter in the visa hall the office just took the finger print and did not check the DD. Later lined up for an interview and that visa officer didn't look up the DD either.

Imagine my horror when after few days checking the old passport found the DD. Obviously this is messed up. going to call VFS on monday. In your experience

- Since VFS does the screening and sends back anyone who does not have DD, having passed this stage does that mean I will get the visa stamped irrespective of missing DD.

- if the visa is not stamped when the passport is returned what are my options. Running out of vacation time.

- Like any other immigration related issues I pay dearly for the mistake done by a careless employee. Correct?

P.S: the visa issuance fee was scrapped effective Nov 8th However I attended on Nov 7th when it was definitely required.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2006, 12:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
perm2gc will become famous soon enough perm2gc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfromsg
I don't think anyone has experience this. Attended H1 revalidation interview and chennai consulate and was approved on 7th Nov. I had stapled the new and old passports together.The VFS guy who screened the documents had inadvertenly attached the Rs2400 Visa issuance fee DD to old expired passport. Later just before I left the counter he detached the old passport from new and gave me back the old one. I that time did not realise the DD was clipped to the old passport.

When I went to the first counter in the visa hall the office just took the finger print and did not check the DD. Later lined up for an interview and that visa officer didn't look up the DD either.

Imagine my horror when after few days checking the old passport found the DD. Obviously this is messed up. going to call VFS on monday. In your experience

- Since VFS does the screening and sends back anyone who does not have DD, having passed this stage does that mean I will get the visa stamped irrespective of missing DD.

- if the visa is not stamped when the passport is returned what are my options. Running out of vacation time.

- Like any other immigration related issues I pay dearly for the mistake done by a careless employee. Correct?

P.S: the visa issuance fee was scrapped effective Nov 8th However I attended on Nov 7th when it was definitely required.

Why you want to say VFO mistake..It was your mistake for not checking everything before leaving the consulate..

Call the Chennai consulate and explain them what has happened...

They will ask you to come and handover the DD..Not a big issue..

Be Cool and Enjoy the vacation

Old 11-11-2006, 07:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pradeepbk is on a distinguished road
Default Visa Issueance Fees is no longer needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by perm2gc
Why you want to say VFO mistake..It was your mistake for not checking everything before leaving the consulate..

Call the Chennai consulate and explain them what has happened...

They will ask you to come and handover the DD..Not a big issue..

Be Cool and Enjoy the vacation
Check the latest updates, Visa Issuance Fees is not needed for Indian Passports. Relax .... nothing to worry

Old 11-12-2006, 09:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
guyfromsg has a spectacular aura about guyfromsg has a spectacular aura about
Default I attended the interview on 7th..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepbk
Check the latest updates, Visa Issuance Fees is not needed for Indian Passports. Relax .... nothing to worry

Please check my original post. I attended the interview on 7th. The fee was eliminated only from 8th.