Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > PERM Processing
Click to log in with Facebook
PERM Processing Labor processing through PERM

Old 11-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Georgia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
geogeo is on a distinguished road
Default Where do I stand?

Hello fellow GC seekers!
I have just joined the forum and I am so glad I found you. However, I am also frustrated to hear that there are so many delays processing PERM.

'Your PERM is pending' - When my lawyer said this I was happy as the word 'pending' in my world and understanding means something that is going to happen soon. Well, I was told it would happen in 60 to 90 days...
It's been 60 days now.
Now, hearing that people have been waiting for years for PERM I am a little scared.

What determines how soon the case will be processed? Pure luck? Why?
And I cannot get promoted! Nothing.. dead end.. nada.. ziiiiip!

It is so smart to have people of 'extraordinary abilities' working for you for pennies. hehe
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2008, 10:01 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Georgia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

well, I forgot to link my message to the title of the thread

So, where do I stand? I just have 2.5 years to go under my H1B visa until it expires. I know it can get extended but I don't want to go there naturally.

By the way, does the 'country of chargeability' determine how soon my case will be processed? I am from Georgia, and there are very few H1Bs being processed from this country, if any at all.

What do you think? Any ideas?

Old 11-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2008
Compare
kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogeo View Post
Hello fellow GC seekers!
I have just joined the forum and I am so glad I found you. However, I am also frustrated to hear that there are so many delays processing PERM.

'Your PERM is pending' - When my lawyer said this I was happy as the word 'pending' in my world and understanding means something that is going to happen soon. Well, I was told it would happen in 60 to 90 days...
It's been 60 days now.
Now, hearing that people have been waiting for years for PERM I am a little scared.

What determines how soon the case will be processed? Pure luck? Why?
And I cannot get promoted! Nothing.. dead end.. nada.. ziiiiip!

It is so smart to have people of 'extraordinary abilities' working for you for pennies. hehe
How do we know where do you stand? You are the one who is standing somewhere.

If you just filed perm, consider its never going to happen and just have fun. Thats the only way to be happy in life

Old 11-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2008
Compare
kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
well, I forgot to link my message to the title of the thread

So, where do I stand? I just have 2.5 years to go under my H1B visa until it expires. I know it can get extended but I don't want to go there naturally.

By the way, does the 'country of chargeability' determine how soon my case will be processed? I am from Georgia, and there are very few H1Bs being processed from this country, if any at all.

What do you think? Any ideas?
So you from Georgia? You will get GC in 1-2 years. Just have that patience. We are here waiting for over 6 years, cant you wait 60 days or what?

Old 11-20-2008, 10:10 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Georgia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshitijnt View Post
So you from Georgia? You will get GC in 1-2 years. Just have that patience. We are here waiting for over 6 years, cant you wait 60 days or what?
Knock on wood!
I have been already waiting for four years my friend. At one point I started thinking of relocating back to my country. I even found a job and than the situation back there changed overnight and here I am again
How do you know I will get it in 2 years? So 'country' does matter?

Old 11-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2008
Compare

Quote:
Knock on wood!
I have been already waiting for four years my friend. At one point I started thinking of relocating back to my country. I even found a job and than the situation back there changed overnight and here I am again
How do you know I will get it in 2 years? So 'country' does matter?
Yes the country of birth does matter. My country and China are the chosen one. We also waited for 3-4 years before filing perm and have to wait 6 more years.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Georgia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
How do we know where do you stand? You are the one who is standing somewhere.

If you just filed perm, consider its never going to happen and just have fun. Thats the only way to be happy in life

What?
how nice of you

Old 11-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Georgia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Yes the country of birth does matter. My country and China are the chosen one. We also waited for 3-4 years before filing perm and have to wait 6 more years.
My wait was purely bureaucratical: lots of turn over in the HR. I am now working with the ninth person who is responsible for my case!
Otherwise I would have already had the GC
Pure bad luck brother! H1B was processed in two weeks (!) and I had to wait four years to even get started on the GC!

Best of luck to you