Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Old 09-15-2007, 11:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is Selfishness stopping you from going to DC

Looks like a lot of folks have this attitude, why must I bother when others are doing it for me?

This is your struggle - IV is a grassroots organization which means YOU AND ME. IV is you and you are IV.

If you don't come forward - things won't change for you.

America does not recognize selfish and lazy people

So act right now and start going to DC

Old 09-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/31/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute

“This is the true joy in life, being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; being a force of nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making yo”

Old 09-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chill out dude

Chandu,

Chill out...If people are not coming that doesnt mean they have an ego or selfishness.This is a huge country and people stay accorss the country.They have their own priorities on that date.If there is anything that people hate about about IV is the attitude like u people.

I am not coming to the rally but i fully support IV's efforts.I know quite a few people who stopped coming to this site just to avoid comments like this from members like you.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

What Chandu is doing is opening one thread each for every reason that people don't want to come to DC. Selfishness is one of the very relevant reasons for a number of people who are not coming. Some people would act only and only if the action is directly benefiting them. They just don't understand the concept of Common Good. I knew a few people around me with that attitude. I tried hard to convince them to join the rally but these people just won't budge They say have their "Own Priorities". These same people took days and one fellow took a week off for filing 485 when the dates were current. He took a week off when he had a production release the same week!! For 485 filing he knew if HAS to take action or else things won't work for him. But when I talk about DC rally he just laughs at me as if I'm talking something ridiculous. Yesterday on EBC radio Jay Pradhan (logiclife) said that he is expecting 3000-5000 people. That is not even 2% of the approx. 300,000 applications filed for 485 in the last few months!! I had a presentation on 18th Sep to be given to a few Director level people but I still asked for a leave on the same day. My leave was granted and the presentation was pre-poned to 17th Sep. Where there is a WILL God creates a WAY. The guy who took a week off for filing 485 had the WILL to do so hence he found WAY to file AoS but he is unable to find a WAY to DC even thou' the Tri-state bus is having a stop at 3-4 miles from his house
There is a big difference between a rally of 300 people and 30,000 people as one caller hoped for in yesterday's EBC radio interview. But for that all of us have to keep our "Own Priorities" off just for ONE day and help IV towards this goal of Common Good.
Attended the 18th Sep rally in DC.
Sent Letters to White House and phone calls to congressmen.
Completed all action items for HR 3012 & requested friends as well.

Last edited by lost_in_migration; 09-15-2007 at 01:28 PM.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
singam will become famous soon enough
Default Folks please wakeup

Filing AOS is not the end of the story. Few folks turning up for the Rally won't bring any big change. Join us in our common goal.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about
Default in my case

I think in my case I had to cancel the plans as I have FP appointment on same date.

Old 09-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Default bump

bump

We made history at the DC rally! This is only the beginning and Victory is the only option. We'll reach it together!

Let's focus on more action to stop the U.S. Reverse Brain Drain! Let's not let the iron cool!

Old 09-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's true - Adjustment of Status will take years unless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by singam View Post
Filing AOS is not the end of the story. Few folks turning up for the Rally won't bring any big change. Join us in our common goal.
Unless we all show up in DC and tell Congress of our plight and as them to fix t!!!

We made history at the DC rally! This is only the beginning and Victory is the only option. We'll reach it together!

Let's focus on more action to stop the U.S. Reverse Brain Drain! Let's not let the iron cool!

Old 09-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_in_migration View Post
What Chandu is doing is opening one thread each for every reason that people don't want to come to DC. Selfishness is one of the very relevant reasons for a number of people who are not coming. Some people would act only and only if the action is directly benefiting them. They just don't understand the concept of Common Good. I knew a few people around me with that attitude. I tried hard to convince them to join the rally but these people just won't budge They say have their "Own Priorities". These same people took days and one fellow took a week off for filing 485 when the dates were current. He took a week off when he had a production release the same week!! For 485 filing he knew if HAS to take action or else things won't work for him. But when I talk about DC rally he just laughs at me as if I'm talking something ridiculous. Yesterday on EBC radio Jay Pradhan (logiclife) said that he is expecting 3000-5000 people. That is not even 2% of the approx. 300,000 applications filed for 485 in the last few months!! I had a presentation on 18th Sep to be given to a few Director level people but I still asked for a leave on the same day. My leave was granted and the presentation was pre-poned to 17th Sep. Where there is a WILL God creates a WAY. The guy who took a week off for filing 485 had the WILL to do so hence he found WAY to file AoS but he is unable to find a WAY to DC even thou' the Tri-state bus is having a stop at 3-4 miles from his house
There is a big difference between a rally of 300 people and 30,000 people as one caller hoped for in yesterday's EBC radio interview. But for that all of us have to keep our "Own Priorities" off just for ONE day and help IV towards this goal of Common Good.
Well said - 300K applications in July - shows the madness. Tracking reciept notices and not bothering about some common good shows it all.

Prior to July - I tried reaching out to a lot of people and told them about IV, no one would pay attention to me, in July when the fiasco occured - my phone lines were jammed with silliest of questions - people logged onto IV in massive numbers.

When logiclife asked people to send thank you cards - how many people sent????
ISN'T IT SELFISHNESS

How many are actively contributing? There are so many free riders - this organization is driven by people and passion and I am sorry "THERE IS NO ROOM FOR SELFISH PEOPLE" if this thread drives them out - then yes - they are out because they are selfish.

This organization is driven by passion and and by people who want to do something contructive - this has evolved over time.

For a lot of people - this seems to be a joke.

Do you all know what is going on in this organization??? What you see on the website is only 5%, IV is not a website - I REPEAT IV IS NOT A WEBSITE - it is an organization driven by highly motivated people for a cause.

People will come - they will definitely come - they will come by passion - they will come because they believe in themselves - because they believe in good faith.

Last edited by chanduv23; 09-15-2007 at 06:32 PM.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Bump

Old 09-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

FOLLOW YOUR HEART

THE BEAUTY OF HUMAN HEART IS - HEART IS ALWAYS PURE - IT IS ONLY YOUR MIND THAT CORRUPTS IT - THATS WHY BLESSED PEOPLE ARE TO BE KNOWN TO HAVE A PURE HEART.

FOLLOW YOUR HEART AND MAKE UP YOUR MIND

Old 09-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2006
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
sam_i02 has a spectacular aura about sam_i02 has a spectacular aura about

^^^ lets do it gang. lets overwhelm the IV core group by showing up in HUGE numbers.... bring family + freinds with you while you are at it!

Old 09-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Yes, bring everyone to DC - Lets show our faces - enough of living in shadows.

Large numbers is the key here and we need to get large numbers.

Tri State area members must must must come.

DC no excuse

Unless the numbers are phenomenal - Major media will not be interested.

Rallies are so common in DC that the reporters will not show any interest if numbers are very low

Old 09-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_desi_gc View Post
Chandu,

Chill out...If people are not coming that doesnt mean they have an ego or selfishness.This is a huge country and people stay accorss the country.They have their own priorities on that date.If there is anything that people hate about about IV is the attitude like u people.

I am not coming to the rally but i fully support IV's efforts.I know quite a few people who stopped coming to this site just to avoid comments like this from members like you.
Show your support - yes, show your support to IV - come to the rally - this is top priority.

THIS IS THE TIME TO SHOW SUPPORT

Old 09-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_desi_gc View Post
I know quite a few people who stopped coming to this site just to avoid comments like this from members like you.
And why r u speaking on behalf of them? Can't they speak for themselves?